View Full Version : Am I Crazy Swap '05

Canalman
12-31-2004, 10:16 AM
How about a swap to start the new year off right??

Personally, I had a lot of fun with this last year and I thought it was a great success. To refresh your memory, the swap goes like this; up to 10 builders pick 2 categories from the list and build 11 (could be less if we don't get 10 sign ups) identical plugs for each selected category (up to 22 total). Each builder keeps 1 of each, sends the remaining lot to me and I will split them up and send them out to other builders. The end result is 20 unique custom plugs for each builder. The 11th set will be given to JohnR, he may do with them what he wishes... (Last year he gave them to needy children :D).

Categories:
Replicate an antique plug and paintjob - Build a vintage lure and replicate one of its original colors.
Original Creation - Make something new up and use us as guinea pigs :D.
Realistic Herring - Stretch your artistic skills and bring your plug to life with a realistic herring paint job.
Go To Plug - Build your most productive plug in your favorite color.
Non-Lathe or Of Center turned plug - The description says it all

10 builders or less, sign-ups stay open until 1/20/05
Deadline: 4/1/05 please try and adhere to the deadline :devil:
Please include 6$ for shipping with your plugs, any leftover money will be given to JohnR for the site. Please sign up in this post and if you have any other category ideas please list them and we'll have a fianl vote on categories when the sign-ups close. Here we go again.........
:happy:

-Dave

FlukinUki
12-31-2004, 11:53 AM
Dave, Is there a reason the deadline is April fools day :D Is that when you tell us the plugs never arrived :D Just kidding. Id love to get into this but concerned about knocking out 20 plugs by the deadline.

Great idea!

JohnR
12-31-2004, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Canalman
(Last year he gave them to needy children :D).
-Dave

:laughs: :laughs: :laughs: :laughs: Yeh - MINE :D

You laugh but most of my favorite customs have spent some time as tub toys for my son :laughs:

Canalman
12-31-2004, 03:16 PM
I think I'm going to add a category.... make a plug that catches multiple bluefish and we'll send them all to you John... :laughs:... and we'll make them in the shape of rubber duckies or something.

Uki - I know it seems like a lot of work, but if you knock out your design and then build the rest in one big lot of 10 at a time you just do the same steps you would for one but you do it on 10 instead of one. ALSO... we may not even get 10 we might only get 5 or 6 which knocks the workload down a bit too.

-DAve

Nebe
01-01-2005, 09:47 AM
i'll do this swap.. practice makes perfect :musc:

oh catagories-
i will do
realistic herring and go-to plug

Slipknot
01-01-2005, 09:55 AM
I may do this again this year. sounds good

Canalman
01-02-2005, 12:00 PM
ummm... bump

NIB
01-02-2005, 12:48 PM
Lets see I have OCD have been called Bipolar.durin the off season I'm manic depresive an been called just plain sick.An have enrolled in some anger management classes.....I used to be a REALLY mean person.

o thats not what this thread is about sorry.....

capesams
01-02-2005, 01:00 PM
Hyjack ...Nib don't do it...the old Nib told it like it was:)

NIB
01-02-2005, 01:00 PM
I HAVE A ORIGINAL CREATION THATS A NOCKOFF OF A OLD TRIED AN TRUE DESIGN OOOOPS.The only problem is makin ten or eleven one would bore me an 2 would take me forever.Especially when the real cold sets in.Then once it gets warmer.i go fishing so i only make like 50 plugs a yr.10 would be 1/5 of my output for the yr.i am currently involved in another swap type thing where the guy who starts it make 10 plugs then mails the whole package to the next guy who takes 1or 2 then an relaces em with his own creations then mails it to the next guy.it could go around as many times as u like then in the end the guy who starts it keeps all the plugs mixed up from the other builders.The only problem with somethig like this is Lets say I follow the fishin freak No one will ever see any of his plugs.:rolleyes: the order is randomly selected but it may not work out good for evryone but i like it cause i don't have to pound out 10 plugs.

NIB
01-02-2005, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by capesams
Hyjack ...Nib don't do it...the old Nib told it like it was:)

So do U buddy. hope to have more of it this Yr. resolutions usually only last a coupla weeks for me I gave up the whole loose ten lbs thing as u can tell.Ur top shelf in my book Steve. May Ur New Year be as good as the last one...

capesams
01-03-2005, 07:20 AM
Txs....Boss,,,back at ya two fold...:kewl: