View Full Version : A relative of mine just picked up

Mr. Sandman
01-06-2005, 02:42 PM
a new 27 whaler with twin verados.. I need to invite him and his boat to come for a visit.:D

Van
01-06-2005, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Sandman
twin verados

WOOHOO..

Let us know if you get to go for a ride !!!!!

01-07-2005, 07:49 AM
Sweet setup for sure. Post some pictures.

Mr. Sandman
01-07-2005, 08:25 AM
I know he looked into getting twin yami's but it was almost impossible. The parent of Whaler I guess also owns Merc and it is a locked deal. The cost of buying the boat alone and then having yami's insatalled is made such that you will buy the mercs. If you buy a new whaler, you're gettin mercs.

I see him several times each boating season so I hope to get a ride/fishtrip soon. I have been on the 27 whaler boat before..it is really nice, they did a nice job on the 27, plenty of room lots of creature comforts, quality fittings and the fit and finish is probably ranked among the best IMO, it is almost too nice to fish on, but haven't seen the verados yet. The T top is awesome on that boat...really nice. The only minor complaint would be the dash where you would mount electronics...I think they should have left a little more room there for the larger screens, I think some units might be a little tight in there. But the boat I saw was an 04, he ordered an 05. Also he is having a shop custom mount all this so it should look nice. It should be an awesome rig when he is done. These motors have electronic throttles (no cables)...I can't wait to see how they work out. Imagine being able your command the engines to turn 4211.5 rpm.

missing link
01-07-2005, 08:37 AM
Twin Verados,,, Hang On that's all I got to say- You'll be able to hear a pin drop when there runing.
later Link SR.:cool:

Van
01-07-2005, 08:53 AM
Yes....Electronic throttle no cables,
and should have built in hydraulic steering NO HOSES elctronically controlled to a pump in the cowling.!!!

Active vibration control depending on RPM, and supercharged.
I need to get a ride on one of these too.......
:D

Mr. Sandman
01-07-2005, 09:07 AM
wow the steering pump is within the motor housing? That should be sweet. I hate those hydraulic hoses. All those cables and hoses that go to the motors now are a bit rediculus. Someday we will just have a usb cable or better yet a wireless connection.

I guess as long as you don't have a serious electrical problem they should work out well. I just worry about a short in somthing and the throttle and steering both going hard over.:eek:

Van
01-07-2005, 09:26 AM
Exactly,,,I hate that friggin bundle going to the motor, I'm always afraid I'll put a hook into a wire or hydraulic or fuel line.

It should not be a big worry as there is a crap load of elelctronically controlled hydraulics out there. Its not something new, but then again,,,in outboards it is...time will tell.

When I put in my hyd steering, I ran the hoses from the star side, under the well to the port side then through a boot/%$%$%$%$ing on the side of the motor well, that way the loop is under and to the side of the well (basically in the side battery compartment).

The hoses come off the cylinder parallel go straight through the side of the well and slide in and out through the %$%$%$%$ing. Thats the best I cold do to save space and not have lots of exposed hosing.

Wireless controls...your too funny !!!!
Imagine the fun with interference !!!!

Mr. Sandman
01-07-2005, 09:36 AM
Didn't 007 have a wireless BMW? They should be able to make an outboard wireless.;)

Phestaris
01-07-2005, 03:28 PM
I recently drove a World Cat 33 with electonic controls, it takes some getting used to. She will put you on your ass in a heartbeat!Sweet setup!:eek: