View Full Version : Curious George

AnthonyN
10-27-2001, 11:27 PM
In the winter time i miss stripers a whole lot. So i was wondering besides the hold over bass by the power plants. I was thinking of making a couple of trips down south to catch some bass about as far as maryland. But i dont know if they run down there in the winter like they do up here in the spring and fall. I am not very familar with the striped bass migration habits besides the fact i do my best striped bass fishing here in little rhody in may, june, september, october.

Patrick82
10-28-2001, 12:06 AM
Stripers do make it all the way down to maryland. I've caught them there. You need to talk to a man named Tony that goes to many fishing boards and posts under the name T. Hill or Thill. He fishes Chesapeake Bay and I'm sure he knows all about their southern strategies. Look around, I don't know if he pops in here or not. Other guys can tell you where to contact him. Other people you might want to talk to is a man named "Plug" who fishes Deleware and a man named Dave Powell (DPowell) who fishes Assateague Island in MD. I believe DPowell and Plug pop in here once in a while.

Oh yeah, I wanted to add, the one place I've had my most luck is the bulkhead on 2nd to 4th and the bay in OC, MD. Caught a few small ones on a high-low rig baited with squid. My cousins got some nice weakfish and some black sea bass from there too. This was in the summer though.

If there is one place you should avoid, it's the Oceanic pier near the amusement park. They have some wild guys on there and it gets way too crowded.

AnthonyN
10-28-2001, 06:26 PM
I know stripers enter the thames and hudson but i am not sure if they run in the winter.

Salty
10-29-2001, 05:57 AM
The Thames has bass all winter and closer to home is the power plant in Providence, you can have 25 fish days there in the winter.