View Full Version : frozen smilies?

justplugit
01-10-2005, 07:54 PM
Since i switched to DSL, the smilies on the site lost there animation:( Any way to fix it? Thanks:)

basswipe
01-10-2005, 08:38 PM
Just the opposite for me.When I switched from dial-up to DS
I finally had animation.

JohnR
01-13-2005, 04:19 PM
That doesn't make any sense... When it downloads the whole image, the animation is part of it...

justplugit
01-15-2005, 10:55 PM
Well if you can't figure it John,it can't be figured:D
I miss all thoughs little guys movin though:(

assinippi_jr
01-17-2005, 10:05 AM
drag the smilie onto your url bar, then press refresh when it comes up, and it should be animated. Otherwise, reset your browser.

Connor MacDonald
President, Vork Industries

Raven
01-31-2005, 04:46 PM
possibly your animations are turned off or i should say the box is unchecked....so open control panel...then internet options...then the advanced tab,,,, see picture....
checking the corresponding box should fix it...

missing link
02-03-2005, 05:52 PM
my smiles and the other stuff dosen't work either, it dosen't
act like it used to I'm confused . Everything worked fine then all of a sudden nothing works I can click on the smile it shows up but won't move around? everything is enabled I miss the movement. Link Sr. :smash: :af:

Raven
02-03-2005, 05:57 PM
my computer > control panel > internet options >

go to advanced TAB and see if that box or radio button is checked on unchecked...
and check it if it isn't....:happy:

missing link
02-03-2005, 07:24 PM
i did it and nothing ,must be a glitch Oh Well:(

Raven
02-03-2005, 07:50 PM
did you remember to hit "APPLY" then ok was it checked?
perhaps it'll work after a reboot....
if not you can always go and hit the defaults button
to reset your browser back to its origional settings....

justplugit
02-04-2005, 07:56 PM
Thanks Raven and A jr. Tried all your suggestions and nothing has changed Thanks for all your help. If you can think of anything else let me know.:D Spent about an hour with my server and Gateway without sucess also.

Raven
02-04-2005, 11:42 PM
perhaps its s-b related so check your user cp settings under signature and also when you go to reply and send in a post check and see if the smilies are "on " in signature and if the box is checked or unchecked in the bottom of reply window. says sherlock holmes ..... the game is afoot watson
:D

justplugit
02-07-2005, 10:19 AM
"the game is afoot Watson" :laughs: :D I did everything you said Raven,all the checks were in the right boxes etc. Still no animated smilies:(
I miss seeing that little guy jumping out behind the couch:D
Thanks again for all your help.:btu:

Raven
02-07-2005, 10:36 AM
DOH!

Raven
02-07-2005, 10:43 AM
when you finally have tried virtually everything....like i did recently to solve multiple problems....that seemed to be growing is: YOU -> simply reload your operating system
after saving everything important in an external drive or some other PC your networked too ect. and that'll solve just about anything that used to work and doesnt anymore.

i am currently reloading things after finally reaching that point of wasting to much time trying to solve the riddles and i knew i could WIN that way....when all else fails.
a lot of work yes ..... but sucess is assurred.:btu:

justplugit
02-07-2005, 09:18 PM
Thanks for all your time and help.Raven,appreciate it very much:D I got a feeling if you couldn't fix it,except for doing your last post,it can't be done.:hihi: