View Full Version : Dishwasher?

maldito
01-11-2005, 02:33 PM
Does anyone in here know or have some info on how to replace a dishwasher? I have to take the old one out and replace it with a new one. Any help is appreciated...

spence
01-11-2005, 02:48 PM
Assuming it's a standard setup...

1. Unplug
2. Turn off the cold water feed to the dishwasher.
3. Disconnect the water feed, and drain hose.
4. Remove the kick plate if there is one
5. If the washer is screwed to the counter, unscrew it

At this point you should be able to slide the unit out.

You should have installation instructions with the new machine, but basically you...

1. Position the new unit in front of the counter
2. Run the power cord, drain hose and water feed through the cutouts in the cabinets...connect.
3. Connect the drain and water feed to the washer. Use teflon tape on the brass connections.
4. Measure the floor for level, and adjust the leveling feet as you see necessary.
5. carefully slide the washer in, and check to make sure it's level and the hoses are not pinched, readjust as necessary.
6. Check to make sure the door has clearance
7. Screw into the counter, assuming it has mounting brackets there.
8. Install kick plate
9. Turn on water, plug in and test.

That's from memory at least, someone please correct if I flubbed anything :smash:

-spence

The Dad Fisherman
01-11-2005, 02:48 PM
I did one in my house and it was pretty simple. Just make sure you hook up everything the same. There are the electrical connections which are usually under the front housing panel and then there are the hoses for the water and drain. Pretty simple stuff. the hoses just clamp on in place.

One thing I would do if its not to much of a hassle is to replace the hoses instead of re-using them. Might as well do it now since everything is apart

afterhours
01-12-2005, 07:14 AM
last couple i've replaced were hard wired as opposed to plug in, i beleive most are this way. just remember to TURN OFF power at box and make sure power line does'nt get pinched by door mechanisim.

Van
01-12-2005, 08:44 AM
I believe its good practice to raise and loop the drain hose (higher than the spot where it goes into the sink drain or pig) to prevent sink/pig crud from flowing back into the machine.

I am assuming you are plumbing into an existing sink drain somhow.

Ed B
01-12-2005, 11:20 AM
I thought Maldito was talkin about gettin a new wife :laughs: :smash: