View Full Version : ON the Water mag show?

ragfly
01-12-2005, 06:56 AM
I remember seeing an add in last months On the Water mag that thier show was starting a new season. Seeing I can't find my mag can someone tell the the details. It's one of the few fishing shows I enjoy watching on NESN.

Thom
01-12-2005, 07:10 AM
I saw the show yesterday evening on nesn I belive it was on a 6 pm. ThomT

BigFish
01-12-2005, 07:26 AM
Did you try their website?;)

tlapinski
01-12-2005, 08:39 AM
I got a phone call last night to turn on NESN ASAP! They were shore fishing Cutty. I couldn't get over the host getting so excited because he caught a bass of maybe 30". Maybe if he wasn't throwing a 5" popper, he could have landed something worth video taping. Why not get some real fishermen on these shows? :confused:

Slipknot
01-12-2005, 01:07 PM
Call up Gene and have him go out with you fishing Toby :D

ragfly
01-13-2005, 07:23 AM
Thanks, I checked the website (bookmarked) this Sunday 6pm. The Pats will be playing but I can tape the show.

kippy
01-13-2005, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by tlapinski
I got a phone call last night to turn on NESN ASAP! They were shore fishing Cutty. I couldn't get over the host getting so excited because he caught a bass of maybe 30". Maybe if he wasn't throwing a 5" popper, he could have landed something worth video taping. Why not get some real fishermen on these shows? :confused:

I agree, these guys are amateurs..:smash:

Roger
01-13-2005, 09:40 AM
Relative to other fishing shows I thought it was OK. The host has to make it interesting for the novice. Then, of course they could not show the best fishing because it was probably at night or just before dawn, making for lousy video.

Some of those fishermen must have been big guys though because a number of those 20 # plus fish seemed to be more like 12 - 15 # when held against their leg. :laughs: