View Full Version : Nice plugs Guys

RoyL
01-12-2005, 03:04 PM
Hi Guys,

I’m new here and looking to get into building my own plugs. No questions yet, but just wanted to introduce my self before I go asking. My name is Roy and I love fishing the surf and even though I have spent the last two years chasing the angler of the year award and pin fish in mass fresh water awards program, nothing beats throwing wood into the surf and watching a cow appear from no where and crush it. I have been trying a lot of the saltwater plugs in fresh with great results (nothing that hasn’t been done before but f a first for me). This has brought me to wanting to make my own plugs. I just got a delta mini lathe for x-mas which has me itching to start. I have to admit that the plugs I see on the treads are great and all of you need to give you’re self’s a pat on the back for nice work that you do. I have my own web-site, so feel free to check it out if you want www.offthehookfishing.com . Keep up the good work guys I’m sure I will be asking questions soon.

Roy

reelecstasy
01-12-2005, 03:21 PM
:wavey: Hi Royl...welcome aboard......I will be trying to Ho your first turned wood..(at least I am up front) :hihi:...No one else here even likes plugs so don't pay them no mind when they pretend to want them.:rollem:

Charleston
01-12-2005, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by reelecstasy
:wavey: Hi Royl...welcome aboard......I will be trying to Ho your first turned wood..(at least I am up front) :hihi:...No one else here even likes plugs so don't pay them no mind when they pretend to want them.:rollem:

SMOOTH !!:D

Moses
01-12-2005, 04:01 PM
Hey Roy, welcome aboard.

Remember me, hmmmmm, here's a hint

that sure was a nice van I saw cruising down rte 24 some months back.......

Moose Nuckle
01-12-2005, 04:15 PM
Wassup Roy Welcome !!!

Slipknot
01-12-2005, 04:21 PM
Welcome Roy :)
You got it BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD

I can't wait to see what kind of plugs you come up with.

Karl F
01-12-2005, 04:24 PM
Welcome Roy, cool website you got there.. and I've seen that van(nice)... kinda hard ta miss it ;)
Keep us posted on your turnings.

Bronko
01-12-2005, 04:35 PM
Welcome Roy! I like your site. I think you should give away your first 15 plugs to the first 15 emails you receive kinda like your fly give away!:D Welcome aboard. Can't wait to see your stuff! The guys here are talented and very helpful.

partsjay
01-12-2005, 05:29 PM
Welcome Aboard Roy !!! These guys are awesome and have helped me a great deal. I couldn't have done it without them. What you should do , is get a beach sticker for that van...and a co-pilot...let me know if you need one..:D ......but seriously, thats a great fishing mobile...best of luck to you, hopefully we can help!!

RoyL
01-12-2005, 05:37 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome fellas. Mike im not surprised i'd find you here. I'm sure i will be giving away plugs on my site (if I get good enough), only if that van had four wheel drive, well maybe the next one will. okay here's the first question. I don't have tools yet, so what should I get to start off. Remember i'm probably going to be doing this for the rest of my life so the good stuff is good.

Tagger
01-12-2005, 06:28 PM
Hi Roy .:wave: Can't wait to see your first born .. welcome to the site.. My wife is originally from Hyde Park but I won't hold that against you ..:D

Jigman
01-12-2005, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by RoyL
.... I don't have tools yet, so what should I get to start off. Remember i'm probably going to be doing this for the rest of my life so the good stuff is good.

Robert Sorby makes some real good turning tools. 1 inch skew and 3/4 inch gouge are all that I use. If you are just starting out, don't feel bad about picking up a cheap set to get started with (sorby is not cheap!!) as you'll probably mess them up some anyway. Pick up a face shield and a good dust mask too.

Jigman

Bernzy
01-12-2005, 07:47 PM
Very cool site Roy!!!

Welcome:wave:

Bernzy

tynan19
01-12-2005, 08:59 PM
Roy! Roy! Roy! Roy!. Hi.