View Full Version : Old ladies of the night get some new makeup

winchmaster
01-12-2005, 03:04 PM
Okay somebody was asking about repainting lures that had seen better days. Her are some very old ladies with some new "makeup"

Iwannakeeper
01-12-2005, 03:19 PM
I thought re-painting was a no-no.....

Lures beat up by fish have MOJO!!!

-IWK
(plug ho in training)

winchmaster
01-12-2005, 03:40 PM
Oh no! In my book repaints are aok. You just don't want to sand them to much. Leave the nooks and crannies of hook and fish marks in the wood in the plug. I have an original Mike Fixter that I have repainted many times. That thing is a born again killer It has three forties on it and 1000's of other fish. The plug has only one eye left she gets fresh paint anytime she wants it. You do have to do a sacrafice to the lure gods though. Usaully all the change in your pocket is tossed in the surf to apease the gods.
Plus this group of plugs w were obvidously never used by someone that could catch fish. ( Bought on e-bay) They hadd few marks in the wood and the paint had either been painted over :eek: or peeled off from not loving them.
Now they are sexy.

Funny part after I posted the picture I realized I hadn't put eyes on two. They are now seeing fine.

MAC
01-12-2005, 03:49 PM
Winch, those won't work.....they are blind. Send them to me and I'll fix them right up:D

winchmaster
01-12-2005, 03:56 PM
Newlly I just took them in the garage and put eyes in them as you typed! LOL

winchmaster
01-12-2005, 04:04 PM
See! the other two I left with no eyes cause that looks better

MAC
01-12-2005, 04:13 PM
darn, they can see again:laughs:

Karl F
01-12-2005, 04:21 PM
:wave: winch

you giving them ladies a makeover to get them ready to make a trip east with you this summer/fall?

They look nice all spiffied up :drool:

Slipknot
01-12-2005, 04:23 PM
He lives :bgi: :cheers: :wavey: hi winch

winchmaster
01-12-2005, 04:33 PM
No Karl,
Only the Creek chub giant in bumble bee will see action, Someone had painted it red and green with house paint!!! The Danny, the Cooper, the Morioka, and the other couple I redid will go on the wall next to some original 's that I won't repaint. These girls were in real bad shape and needed help. The other old plugs have enough left of them to hang proud.
If a plug has decent enough paint even if it's used I'd never repaint them.

As for the Cape, how does three weeks sound? 9/24 till 10/15 Just have to find some cash flow to cover expenses or find people willing to put up with me. I am talking to Bernzy and his group for the first week and one of the weeks with Eel Punt, Throw in Throwing Timber and Jig man somewhere in the mix (depending on the days they get) and I should be okay. But yes I will be there. I just turned some special plugs that are destined for some area's of the Cape. Last year was for scouting, this year I will try and apply tactics. It should be a ball as long as the Mung has departed.

winchmaster
01-12-2005, 04:36 PM
Hey a deal is a deal and you kept your end so I'm keeping mine. Just did up fifty or so plugs with system-3. Can't wait to show you some "cape projects!"

winchmaster
01-12-2005, 04:38 PM
hey Slip I see your little guy is still working on them plugs. I'm waiting for "another tailstock screw" I dethreaded the last one. It takes ten days for the parts to reach me but they are free.

Tagger
01-12-2005, 05:08 PM
nice plugs ...Winch Buddy,,,,old Pal ..:)

Backbeach Jake
01-12-2005, 05:51 PM
Well, I see my ho-bait and now I know the date, let's see if I can mess this up again!:D Can't wait Winch, that was a blast last Fall.:happy:

Iwannakeeper
01-12-2005, 06:00 PM
Ok..now I now the mojo rule

And I agree - they are sexy

-IWK

Jigman
01-12-2005, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by winchmaster
...As for the Cape, how does three weeks sound? 9/24 till 10/15 Just have to find some cash flow to cover expenses or find people willing to put up with me. I am talking to Bernzy and his group for the first week and one of the weeks with Eel Punt, Throw in Throwing Timber and Jig man somewhere in the mix (depending on the days they get) and I should be okay. ..

If work does not get to chaotic, I'll be there :happy: Oh, nice plugs too :D

Jigman

winchmaster
01-12-2005, 06:58 PM
What about the guzz????

Tagger
01-12-2005, 08:21 PM
the yellow and black stripes is sick.. thats the one for me ..

winchmaster
01-12-2005, 08:25 PM
Serious Tagger? That's the one you want for the Ho it thon award? It's a 8" redone Creek chub giant pikie. If you rather have that it's your 2004 Ho it thon trophy!

Tagger
01-13-2005, 06:45 PM
I'm holding out for a Winch plug .. means alot more than old Creek Chub to me .. I'll get back on the bench ..

Jigman
01-13-2005, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by winchmaster
What about the guzz????

I may have to kidnap him on the way up :D Either that or have pasurfer kidnap him.

Jigman

winchmaster
01-13-2005, 09:25 PM
No problem Taggage, we can always swap other plugs ;)
The redwood plugs will get thier third coat of finish tomorrow. Today I got the part for my lathe and spent a few hours turning plugs. 25 done today I'll do a bunch more tommorow. Think I was happy to get the Lathe fixed.

NIB
01-14-2005, 12:56 PM
maybe i'll make a cameo appearence next fall when u get up there.I just gotta remember not to let u use my rods.:eek: :D

Jigman
01-14-2005, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by NIB
maybe i'll make a cameo appearence next fall when u get up there.I just gotta remember not to let u use my rods.:eek: :D

Or throw a contentional :smash:

Jigman

ThrowingTimber
01-14-2005, 01:08 PM
Keep him away from your steering wheel if there are any squirrels around NIB!!!!!!:laughs:

winchmaster
01-14-2005, 05:10 PM
Can I still beat up the seals?!
:smash:
Nib I 'd love to see you on the trip, I am planning on bringing my own rod this time. Have too get a two piece, 10 1/2 footer made up. It took me a while to get used to the rod action and casting ratio. Never thought it would bother me that much but with that 1/2 foot of rod shorter I kept missing the power part on so many cast.