View Full Version : More on snaps....

Mr. Sandman
01-13-2005, 07:26 PM
Sorry about all my posts, it is that time of year and I am in the gearing up mode and my desk is loaded with catalogs.

Last season I was introduced to a new snaps from several folks.
One from Spro called the "hyper snap" by Capt's Bill & Jules. They gave me a couple and i loved them for light line surfcasting for bons and albies. I wish they would make that snap without the swivel but it is small and pretty strong.

These breakaways worked great for normal surf stuff and I may work them into some of my bottom fishing rigs for quick changes.

But I have seen some others in catalogs and thought to give them a try. I have some still comming but I got a couple today that are so small it is amazing. (they are way too light but I wanted to see them first hand)

The first is a "LARGE" fas snap. (It is so tiny I can barely pick it up, I can't imagine what size small would be like) the second is a XLARGE fas-snap.

then the spros 50 and 70#...these are tiny but strong. Just don't try and over flex the wire it is very stiff and if you try and really bend it, it wll snap.

then two Norman clips. these look cool I may actually tru these. You are looking at a LARGE and MAGMUM size. The Magmum sizes looks good for 30# class spin gear if you ask me.

The other thata are comming are these gemini snaps

BernOC
01-13-2005, 09:33 PM
Gemini link clips

Notaro
01-13-2005, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by BernOC
Gemini link clips

second to that, but they dont always fit with some plugs' eyes that are thicker. what snap would go with that, mr. sandman?

and also wouldnt those shiny snaps affect bass?

gemini link clip minimalizes hook tangle on the snap. i love those.