View Full Version : Site Privileges

JohnR
10-29-2001, 08:43 PM
I have decided to revoke site privileges for Patrick at Striped-Bass.com . This weekend's thread was one of many that have added up to this decision. It's not the direction that I think this site should go in and some (not all) of his posts were offensive or otherwise impeded moving in that direction. Sometimes he was a real contributor and sometimes he thought he was when he was not. But for now, it's time to part ways.

I sent him an e-mail with my explanation. I think that (with a few exceptions) people treated him more than fairly here and gave him many chances. Probably too many chances. I also told him that in the future, at least a year from now, I may reconsider my decision.

So please don't jump all over him now that he's gone as he will not have an opportunity to defend himself online. Obviously, we can't forget him - just not possible. I'm not saying to never mention his name because I'm not looking to rewrite history here...

Thanks,

John

Your ever friendly neighborhood fishin' computer geek...

Got Stripers
10-30-2001, 07:07 AM
Yeah ha, I can't finally take off these damn waders, it's such a pain in the *ss to have to slip them on everytime I read this board. You da man John.

schoolie monster
10-30-2001, 11:17 AM
Ticket punched.

John, I think you were more than tolerant and have been more than fair. It was kinda one of those 1 step forward, two steps back things.

Patrick was trying, but he just needs to mature a bit and THINK. Part of being part of society is gauging how your actions affect others and determining what is and what is not appropriate.

Got Stripers
10-30-2001, 01:31 PM
Yeah like this piece of an email he sent me this morning.

"Here is what I don't understand. You had the chance to say whatever you want to me in Rhode Island but chose not to. Why didn't you? Instead you post on my thread on SOL where I can't reply. And then you post on Striped-bass.com when I can't reply. Pretty low.
Grow up.

Patrick"

I've gone easy on you Patty boy. My time is far more valuable, so I don't waste it responding to pointless dribble and I didn't spend it trying to strike up a friendship in RI. Since you say your still lurking and reading, don't expect a response to your email....didn't warrant one....much like a lot of the bs you've posted over the short time on this board.

I'll grow up when you do OK :).

patrickswoman
10-30-2001, 08:02 PM
My time is far more valuable, so I don't waste it responding to pointless dribble

don't expect a response to your email....didn't warrant one....

hmmm...whattaya call that? (points up)

lol

bassmaster
10-30-2001, 08:14 PM
so whats your point

patrickswoman
10-30-2001, 08:19 PM
Just that you wrote response about how you didn't feel the need to write a response...;)

Don't be too sensitive now..just some good-natured ribbin'...

lovenkisses,
mindi

bassmaster
10-30-2001, 08:28 PM
wow

bloocrab
10-30-2001, 08:57 PM
....Ribs?...some one mention ribs ???....I love ta eats.....gimme some ribs!!!!!....PLeaze!!!

..hey Mindi you can cook too?....cool!!!....that lucky bass-stud!!...

................................;) .................................................. ...................

LINESIDES
10-31-2001, 08:42 AM
Give it up folks, "It's over.":)

chris L
10-31-2001, 09:11 AM
any one know why no matter how hard you try ................................... you cant get the dirt out of the corners of a room . Why dont they design them round ? furniture can be made round !