good for you

great game to watch
:cheers:

Skip N
01-15-2005, 08:03 PM
Can you say Lucky:smash: That Jets kicker should get cut right now:mad:

Vectorfisher
01-15-2005, 08:04 PM
YES it was I was:hidin: for a good part of that game I knew it would be a defensive battle but didnt think it would be that close. No it's the Pats turn to step up the pressure is all on Bigfish and Afterhours now:D

afterhours
01-15-2005, 08:06 PM
winner of patriots- colts will win afc! kneelers looked VERY beatable:)

BigFish
01-15-2005, 08:06 PM
Pats will just have to prove they are the best....they have done it before!;) I did not know what I wanted more...the Steelers to lose or the Steelers to win so we could kick their butt next week!:D Now we just have to send the Colts to the glue factory!:laughs:

VF...I would rather face the best before I win the rest!:D

spinncognito
01-15-2005, 08:08 PM
The kicker? How bout the coach for not even attempting to make that an easier kick? Congrats to the Kneelers and a game they TRIED to lose but won anyway! 3 turnovers and the still pull it off.
:eek:

Vectorfisher
01-15-2005, 08:08 PM
Afterhours how could you make a statement like that, the Jets and Steelers match up pretty closely therefore they play games like you saw, I DONT SEE that happening again but then again anything can happen. We'll see if you Pats can hang tomorrow if so then we'll see you next week if not:crying: too bad for you

Vectorfisher
01-15-2005, 08:09 PM
Spinn I agree that was Bettis 1st fumble of the year and wouldnt you know it had to be in the playoffs driving down the field in the Jets end

CSK
01-15-2005, 08:12 PM
The Jets are a lousy team that just about beat the Steelers at home. Big Ben looked like crap.

afterhours
01-15-2005, 08:13 PM
if the patriots get to heinz field, they will beat the kneelers by 10. methinks the colts are better than your kneelers at this time. and as to how could i make that statement- i watched that game.

BigFish
01-15-2005, 08:15 PM
Guys....the Steelers won...no excuses, no "what-ifs" and no buts about it! I hope we see the Pats defeat the Colts tomorrow because I would love to see the Pats beat the other 2 best teams in football to get into the big game and then win it all!;)

Vectorfisher
01-15-2005, 08:16 PM
All I can say is you better stay up all night and pray cause your team has a tall task tomorrow!! Pressure is on next week is next week if you make it if you don't well it's:crying: and next year for you:D Sometimes it takes luck just like the tuck rule but a W is a W no matter how you cut it;)

afterhours
01-15-2005, 08:19 PM
VF- you're right, it's time for the defending champs to put up.

pete santini
01-15-2005, 08:22 PM
mannings gonna eat dirt tomorow

Raider Ronnie
01-15-2005, 08:27 PM
Looked like the Steelers got a bit lucky today and got a gift ,The Pats know a few things about getting gifts in the playoffs!!!

Vectorfisher
01-15-2005, 08:44 PM
Sure did Ronnie they prevailed though hopefully they learn from some of there mistakes

Raider Ronnie
01-15-2005, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Vectorfisher
Sure did Ronnie they prevailed though hopefully they learn from some of there mistakes

It should be a good game next week!!!
You're Steelers are going to have their hands full facing Peyton next week.
Their defense didn't look too good today!

BigFish
01-15-2005, 09:45 PM
You know what guys? To win the game "is" the objective! All you guys do is whine about "bad" calls and "getting lucky"......you know what, if I got the "W" next to my team in the sports section I really don't care how I got it!:smash: After all...they don't deduct points for poise and beauty or lack there of!:happy: Just give me the damn win!

Raider Ronnie
01-15-2005, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by BigFish
You know what guys? To win the game "is" the objective! All you guys do is whine about "bad" calls and "getting lucky"......you know what, if I got the "W" next to my team in the sports section I really don't care how I got it!:smash: After all...they don't deduct points for poise and beauty or lack there of!:happy: Just give me the damn win!

No win for you tomorrow!!!;)

BigFish
01-15-2005, 09:48 PM
Also VF and Raider Ron...all you guys can do is tear the Pats down, you just can't give credit where credit is due and when the Steelers win ugly today VF all you can say is oh well at least they won but when its the Pats that win ugly its a different story.:smash: See you on the field at Heinz next week and I can't wait to hear you guys complain about the Pats winning tomorrow!:rolleyes:

Raider Ronnie
01-15-2005, 09:56 PM
Also VF and Raider Ron...all you guys can do is tear the Pats down, you just can't give credit where credit is due and when the Steelers win ugly today VF all you can say is oh well at least they won but when its the Pats that win ugly its a different story.:smash: See you on the field at Heinz next week and I can't wait to hear you guys complain about the Pats winning tomorrow!:rolleyes:

I can't wait to hear you're excuses why the Pats lost to the Colts tomorrow night!!!
Oh, Ty taw was injured:bc:
Richard Seymour wasn't 100% or dosen't play at all:smash:
It didn't snow for us:laughs:
We couldn't make the field muddy enough!:laughs: :happy: :happy:

Vectorfisher
01-15-2005, 09:58 PM
I have never just blatantly come on here and just blast the Pats in any way shape or form, I merely got tired of hearing how the Pats are going to go in week in and week out and beat everybody before the games were even played. If you remember I had not made a single football post until someone spouting off about a rookie QB and how there was no way he could hang with the Pats in any way shape or form, then and only then did I bring up the fact that the Pats can be beat, are not invincable and wont make the big game this year:D

BigFish
01-15-2005, 09:59 PM
I won't have any excuses Ron....but I will be watching to see what a couple of you guys have for reasons why the Pats "lucked out"!;) If they lose its simply because they were outplayed!:huh:

Vectorfisher
01-15-2005, 10:04 PM
And Bigfish I fessed up Steelers QB didnt play well today I made no excuses there were positives and negatives. The Defense only allowed 3 points show me another team in the playoffs that only allows 3 points on the Defense. Special teams made a boo boo as well. If the Pats lose WEEI will be full of excuses come monday

BigFish
01-15-2005, 10:04 PM
Truth is though VF over the last 3 seasons....they have gone into all but what.....7 or 8 games out of like 36 total and won. That is something to "spout #^&#^&#^&#^& about in my opinion. You guys refuse to give them even just a little kudos for all that they have accomplished in that time span. I have had my fun with you about the Steelers, but have always been forthright about their play but I must say I never see the same in return. :smash:

BigFish
01-15-2005, 10:08 PM
I tell you VF I watched that game today from start to finish and at no point did I think the Jets were going to win. Sure they had their opportunities and as much as the Steelers tried to let them win.....after they botched it on those two missed field goal attempts, going into the OT there was no way the Steelers were going to lose it.;) Ben was entitled to a bad game, everyone has them once in awhile, even Brady. It is great when they can still come up smelling like a rose though isn't it?:laughs: Ben still smells like a dozen fresh cut!;)

Vectorfisher
01-15-2005, 10:08 PM
Oh stop it now !! I have stated that the Pats have had a good run, not a dynasty team IMHO If they go to the bowl and win this year I will have the upmost respect for the team and coaches because this season alone will have been a major accomplishment. And you seem to be covering yourself in advance for tomorrow's outcome

BigFish
01-15-2005, 10:11 PM
I am 100% confident they will win tomorrow VF, don't put words in my mouth. I would very much like to see the Pats and Steelers next week. That game will be better than the Superbowl afterwards regardless of who plays in it.;)

Vectorfisher
01-15-2005, 10:11 PM
Bigfish are you kidding I almost blew dinner all over my living room, from mid 2nd quarter on I was like UH OH this is trouble. I was not comfortable at all, the Jets came out and played physical and almost stole the game, should have. That is the difference between you and I and that is why I can say at times I don't think the Pats are all that, any team can be beat and they all have a weakness

BigFish
01-15-2005, 10:13 PM
All I am saying is that as close a game as it was I could not get that escape that nagging feeling that the Jets just could not keep pace towards the end.:huh:

Vectorfisher
01-15-2005, 10:17 PM
The suspense of it all is killing me but then again after the Superbowl what are we goona do for 2 months:splat: :rocketem: :bsod: :crying: :wall: I will still take ya fishing either way

Raider Ronnie
01-15-2005, 10:18 PM
The suspense of it all is killing me but then again after the Superbowl what are we goona do for 2 months:splat: :rocketem: :bsod: :crying: :wall:

Cod fish?

BigFish
01-15-2005, 10:19 PM
I will look forward to the fishing trip we are going on with you wearing a XXL Pats game jersey!:laughs: :laughs: :laughs:

Raider Ronnie
01-15-2005, 10:22 PM
I will look forward to the fishing trip we are going on with you wearing a XXL Pats game jersey!:laughs: :laughs: :laughs:

Ya, Like you'll ever get some of their crap on me !!!:laughs:

tynan19
01-15-2005, 10:29 PM
I had to work so I could only listen on the radio. I can't believe the Jets choked twice. This shows that the Steelers are not invincible at home.:smash:

Vectorfisher
01-15-2005, 11:25 PM
Tynan I wont even comment:rolleyes:

Surfcastinglife
01-16-2005, 12:47 AM
scary scary. big ben had the playoff jitters i guess? ;P im scared of 2morrow ive been having dreams all week of the pats gettin blown out:laughs: it's gonna be a tough one. whomever wins is going to have to go into pittsburgh and play one hell of a game to win, after 2nite u know those guys wont come out flat again. on big ben not having a good day,this was the toughest test of the yr for him, throwing a pick late in the game and not falling apart when he got another chance. he may not have played well overall if u look at the stats, but his composure after the 2nd pick imo is a testament to how tough he really is, gonna be a great game next week whoever they play.

The Dad Fisherman
01-16-2005, 01:29 AM
And Bigfish I fessed up Steelers QB didnt play well today I made no excuses there were positives and negatives.

How and When did you fess up...I don't see it in this comment

Big Ben still looked better than Brady did against the Steelers last time they played;)

Thats Fessing Up.....I must have missed something. Fessing up would be something like "Big Ben played like a rookie and pretty much handed the game over to the Jets, but they just wouldn't take it", make those mistakes against Vinieteri and He won't miss.

spinncognito
01-16-2005, 07:43 AM
Looks like Manning will hafta be dodging some flakes by games end!!!

Forecast for Western Norfolk County
Updated: 4:53 am EST on January 16, 2005
Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 4 PM EST this afternoon to 6 am EST Monday...
Today
Mostly cloudy. A chance of flurries early this afternoon. Snow late. Snow accumulation around an inch. Highs around 30. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph.
Detail
Tonight
Snow. Visibility one quarter mile or less at times. Storm total snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches. Lows around 20. North winds 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.

:happy: :happy: :happy:

... Winter Storm Warning in effect from 4 PM this afternoon to 5 am
EST Monday for much of coastal eastern Massachusetts...

The National Weather Service in Taunton MA has issued a Winter Storm
Warning.

The combination of a rapidly developing gale center passing southeast
of Nantucket Island early Monday and ocean effect snow will bring
significant accumulating snowfall to coastal eastern Massachusetts
late today and tonight.

In general 4 to 8 inches can be expected between by Monday morning
with Outer Cape Ann and the South Shore the most likely region to
receive 8 inches of wind blown snow. Spot 10 inch amounts are
forecast for coastal Plymouth County.

Gusty winds will cause blowing and drifting of the snow tonight.

There should be an hour or two of heavy snow and winds are expected
to briefly gust between 30 and 40 mph tonight except gusts to 50 or
55 mph are expected on Nantucket.

Snow should begin in earnest between 3 and 5 PM and taper to flurries
or scattered snow showers toward dawn

Slipknot
01-16-2005, 08:46 AM
That kinda sux for leaving the parking lot after the game:( guess we'll just have to stick around for a while to celebrate:D
But good for the pats possibly.

BigFish
01-16-2005, 10:23 AM
Do you think there are "higher powers" at work here?:confused: ;)

Raider Ronnie
01-16-2005, 10:59 AM
DAM!!!
I was outside for a while this morning,
It's kind of cold out here!!!

BigFish
01-16-2005, 11:01 AM
Lets hope Peyton finds his place cold too!:laughs:

Get it? Peyton....place?:happy:

Raider Ronnie
01-16-2005, 11:11 AM
Lets hope Peyton finds his place cold too!:laughs:

Get it? Peyton....place?:happy:

What, Brady and the rest of the Pats don't get cold?

BigFish
01-16-2005, 11:15 AM
If you haven't noticed Ron...they don't seem at all bothered by it.....:D...unlike some other teams we know!:happy: Dome sweet dome!:laughs: Theres no place like dome!:smash:

BigFish
01-16-2005, 11:17 AM
Be it ever so fumble...there is nooooo place like dome!:laughs:

Raider Ronnie
01-16-2005, 11:26 AM
If you haven't noticed Ron...they don't seem at all bothered by it.....:D...unlike some other teams we know!:happy: Dome sweet dome!:laughs: Theres no place like dome!:smash:

Larry,
Seems to me, that in the snow bowl,
The home team was CLEARLY outplayed that game (in the snow)
And if not for that DAM tuck rule they would have been at home watching the superbowl!!!
You Pats fans make too much of a big deal with the weather here!
Also seems to me that last year the Pats didn't exactly roll over the Colts in the afc championship game either:smash:

BigFish
01-16-2005, 11:31 AM
There are more of those "excuses" I love so much! "The Tuck Rule".....one of my favorites ..its not my rule, its the leagues rule.....:huh: we won!;)

"The Pats did not exactly roll over the Colts in the AFC championship game either"....:D but we won!:laughs:

"We make too big a deal about the weather here".....the record shows that we win?:laughs:

Whatja think about the Miami game when the snow plow came across the field?:D We won!:laughs:

Raider Ronnie
01-16-2005, 11:45 AM
There are more of those "excuses" I love so much! "The Tuck Rule".....one of my favorites ..its not my rule, its the leagues rule.....:huh: we won!;)

"The Pats did not exactly roll over the Colts in the AFC championship game either"....:D but we won!:laughs:

"We make too big a deal about the weather here".....the record shows that we win?:laughs:

Whatja think about the Miami game when the snow plow came across the field?:D We won!:laughs:

Yes you won, and tell me some luck didn't play a part in them!
And that is just part of the reason why LOTS of football fans (myself included) are NOT impressed with the Pats !!!
That game with the snow plow, the league will never let something like that happen again, !!!

BigFish
01-16-2005, 11:54 AM
We need to put asterisks next to all of the Pats victories I think!:smash: They don't earn anything Ron your right.:D Everything is either given to them or they luck out!:laughs: Was it the Raiders who won a Superbowl in...I may have the year wrong, 1976 because in the Championship game a bad call was made against the Pats that allowed the Raiders to advance to the Superbowl? I go check!

Yup! 76 Raiders...77 Superbowl.....they lucked out so that Superbowl victory does not count!

Mike P
01-16-2005, 12:05 PM
For crissakes---the snowplow game was over 20 years ago :rolleyes:

The statute of limitations on debating it---like the phantom roughing call against Sugar Bear Hamilton on Stabler---has expired.

If you don't like the tuck rule---lobby to change it. Maybe you don't remember that the Raiders also got a huge playoff break from a stupid rule---Billy Casper being stopped short on 4th and goal and throwing the ball into the end zone where a teammate fell on it for a TD?

The Raiders got screwed by a rule once, but they also benefitted when other teams got screwed by a rule.

If Jack Tatum was more interested in playing good defense than in trying to separate Frenchy Fuqua's head from his body, the Immaculate Reception never would have happened, either :laughs:

Raider Ronnie
01-16-2005, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Mike P
For crissakes---the snowplow game was over 20 years ago :rolleyes:

The statute of limitations on debating it---like the phantom roughing call against Sugar Bear Hamilton on Stabler---has expired.

If you don't like the tuck rule---lobby to change it. Maybe you don't remember that the Raiders also got a huge playoff break from a stupid rule---Billy Casper being stopped short on 4th and goal and throwing the ball into the end zone where a teammate fell on it for a TD?

The Raiders got screwed by a rule once, but they also benefitted when other teams got screwed by a rule.

If Jack Tatum was more interested in playing good defense than in trying to separate Frenchy Fuqua's head from his body, the Immaculate Reception never would have happened, either :laughs:

Mike,
Up here, the Pats BITCHED about that roughing the passer call for 25 years , and after that snow bowl game the first thing they said after they won, "this evens up the roughing the passer in 76 call"
:smash:

Mike P
01-16-2005, 12:46 PM
I actually understand that roughing call ;)

The referee---Dreith---was set up where refs always set up. About 5 yards behind and to the right of the QB. But, Stabler being a lefthanded QB, he was on the blind side of the play. Hamilton shot the gap to his right and was coming in on Stabler's left. As Stabler tried to throw, Hamilton tried to hit his arm, and Hamilton's arm landed on Stabler's left shoulder pad. But from where Dreith was set up, on the blind side, it looked like Hamilton delivered a forearm to the Snake's head.

That was a judgment call that was called from the perspective from which is was seen--the tuck call was the correct call under the existing rule. It's part of the game. Happens at least once in every post-season. One team benefits from the call and moves on, the other goes home and their fans b!itch about it for seasons to come :huh:

Vectorfisher
01-16-2005, 04:08 PM
I love the tuck ruling call and the way the Pats fans justify it. DO YOU HONESTLY think that Brady was t#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g the ball to put it away???? HE NEVER saw it coming and was merely patting the ball like he does all the time when he knows he has been holding the ball too long. Brady's body language after the play told the whole story he started toward the side line dejected like WTF and then his sideline starting with the tuck rule and he quickly changed turned to plead his case. Having said all that go PATS today I want a rematch and a great game next week, if they lose oh well wasn't meant to be. Good luck today guys may the better team win.;)

afterhours
01-16-2005, 04:14 PM
thanks VF, hope we can have a rematch, it's the way it should be!

Squid kids Dad
01-16-2005, 04:20 PM
Let it snow, Let it snow,Let it smow:D