View Full Version : Nhl Coming Back??

afterhours
01-20-2005, 09:45 AM
heard reports that a few nhl teams just put in orders for training camp supplies/equipment. at least we'll have something to watch after patriots win superbowl.:D

Surfcastinglife
01-20-2005, 12:28 PM
pfft hockey...who needs it

partsjay
01-20-2005, 01:00 PM
This is actually great for me.....I hate the regular season, the only thing I watch is the playoffs anyway.

afterhours
01-20-2005, 06:31 PM
playoff hockey IS intense.

Squid kids Dad
01-20-2005, 07:15 PM
Play 20 games and then see who is in the playoffs??? I hope not..

Cod Hunter
01-21-2005, 10:58 AM
They didn't get anything accomplished. I'd be shocked if there was a season this year. They are on schedule for the 1st ever cancellation of a North American sports entire season. Something to be proud of huh?:smash:

kippy
01-21-2005, 01:36 PM
Playoff hockey is great! I wouldn't be surprised if another league was formed if they can't reach an agreement.

BigFish
01-21-2005, 07:09 PM
Hockey blows! Who needs it?:smash:

Raider Ronnie
01-21-2005, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by BigFish

I do!!!
:af:
If you ask me a lot of other sports BLOW!!
Like basketball, scoccer, tennis, ect.....
But to each his own!!
Just like some guys like to fish from a boat, and some like to fish from shore( all while watching the guys in the boats getting fish):laughs:

BigFish
01-21-2005, 09:01 PM
You forgot golf Ron...it blows too!:laughs:

Raider Ronnie
01-21-2005, 09:13 PM
You forgot golf Ron...it blows too!:laughs:

True!!!

Squid kids Dad
01-21-2005, 09:23 PM
The heck with hockey,,For now at least...I loved it back in 70's..Been watching it with my son for the last 10 years again,,Brought him to a few games which was fun...But it just boils down to too much $...I understand the owners stand point,,Enough is enough...The players are making a good living playing a GAME....Just like all other sports..But they have to change the game some how...More offense???Just rambling I guess...

Surfcastinglife
01-22-2005, 10:10 AM
lets not forget the faiders!! they're top 10 on any blowing list ;D
in all seriousness though........who needs hockey?!?! they've killed the sport i hope the nhl goes bankrupt and they start from scratch. this league is awful, the ownership is crap, the player attitudes are crap, the greed is crap. eff hockey(only in the nhl) and its bs!!

tynan19
01-22-2005, 05:06 PM

Lets see the big guy get on skates. J/K Larry. To defend it, it is probably the hardest sport to play. Not only do you have to stand on skates but the game is in constant motion and you can hit. It takes a lot of skill to play at a competitive level.

I do understand that it does get boring to watch, but it effects other countries and not just the US. I think most people don't like it is because they can't understand it.

Scott Young who played for the Stanley Cup Avalanche was in my friends store the other day and said they have resumed talks and might just have playoffs this year. I think they should just accept this season as a loss and wait till next year.