View Full Version : Another NE weather weekend

Hooper
01-21-2005, 10:29 AM
It's only January 21st, and I've had it already with the winter weather!

I need to either strike it rich so I can spend four months a year in the Keys, or learn how to hibernate like a grizzly bear until May 1st!!! ;)

Looking out my window now it's 12 degrees with a 15 kt north wind and hortizontal blowing snow, with much more on the way.

Just think, it gets even worse when football ends....:(

fishweewee
01-21-2005, 11:41 AM
r we sick of winter yet? :wall:

FishermanTim
01-21-2005, 11:46 AM
If it weren't for ice fishing now and the expectations of spring stripers, winter would be completely unbearable.

I NEED to get out on the ice this weekend.

HighTide
01-21-2005, 11:59 AM
Winter absolutely sucks, IMO, but here's how I get Through it
January- Football playoffs, ice fishing
Feb- Spring training is in the air, shortest month
March- St Patrick's day, 1st day of spring, ice out (hopefully), trout fishing.

Vectorfisher
01-21-2005, 12:08 PM
Yep after the superbowl I will be in a deep depression only to revive when I can get the boat out in Late March early April for some cod fishing weather permitting of course.

BEETLE
01-21-2005, 12:23 PM
let's all move to the Carolinas :cool:

Christian
01-21-2005, 12:29 PM
lets build an s-b.com compound in the carolinas
:)

Hooper
01-21-2005, 02:41 PM
I put ice fishing in the same group with skiing & snowmobiling; might be a lot of fun, but if it's cold enough to freeze water then it's too cold for me.

This is going to be a tough one...

Mike P
01-21-2005, 02:59 PM
Dunno about you NE guys, but here on Long Island it's been winter for exactly 5 days :D Up until then, I was fishing for holdovers ;)

50-100 miles farther north makes that much of a difference??

Nebe
01-21-2005, 03:19 PM
I lived in Rochester NY for 4 years... this is is a cake walk :laughs:

fishaholic18
01-21-2005, 03:45 PM
Heavy snow warning and blizzard watch in effect from 6 pm est saturday until 7 am est Sunday,
The NWS in taunton ma has issued a heavy snow warning and a blizzard watch, covering rhode island and eastern massachusetts from the interstate 95 corridor to cape cod and the islands.
Snow will begin late Saturday afternoon, then will quickly become heavy early Saturday evening. The height of the storm is expected to occur Saturday night into early Sunday morning, when snow could fall at the rate of 3 inches per hour. Strong northeast winds will produce blowing and drifting snow with whiteout conditions at times.
Snow will taper off early Sunday morning. Total accumulations of 1 to 2 feet are expected over a large area, with the highest amounts along the immediate eastern massachusetts coast, as well as cape cod and the islands.
If the potential for blizzard conditions increases, blizzard warnings will be issued in later forecasts.
:af: :af: :af: :af: :af: :af: :af: :af:

The Dad Fisherman
01-21-2005, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by fishaholic18
Heavy snow warning and blizzard watch in effect from 6 pm est saturday until 7 am est Sunday,
The NWS in taunton ma has issued a heavy snow warning and a blizzard watch, covering rhode island and eastern massachusetts from the interstate 95 corridor to cape cod and the islands.
Snow will begin late Saturday afternoon, then will quickly become heavy early Saturday evening. The height of the storm is expected to occur Saturday night into early Sunday morning, when snow could fall at the rate of 3 inches per hour. Strong northeast winds will produce blowing and drifting snow with whiteout conditions at times.
Snow will taper off early Sunday morning. Total accumulations of 1 to 2 feet are expected over a large area, with the highest amounts along the immediate eastern massachusetts coast, as well as cape cod and the islands.
If the potential for blizzard conditions increases, blizzard warnings will be issued in later forecasts.
:af: :af: :af: :af: :af: :af: :af: :af:

If thats the case I doubt you'll see me on Sunday......I Hate Snow

Nebe
01-21-2005, 03:54 PM
Bing it on!!!!!!

85 degrees in my studio today :hihi:

Backbeach Jake
01-21-2005, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Christian
lets build an s-b.com compound in the carolinas
:)
Lad, you're showing signs of true genius.;)

Raider Ronnie
01-21-2005, 06:28 PM
I like snow :happy: :happy: :happy:

BEETLE
01-21-2005, 06:53 PM
$$$$$$ Happy Plowing Ronnie $$$$$$$$$

fishaholic18
01-21-2005, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by The Dad Fisherman
If thats the case I doubt you'll see me on Sunday......I Hate Snow

I don't blame ya for that. Let me know when.

Dave