View Full Version : Sneak Peek....

Rock Hopper
01-23-2005, 10:12 AM
Hello Folks,

Hope everyone is enjoying this snow....I enjoy it about as much as passing a quarter sized kidney stone.... :eek:

Anyway, I wanted to let you guys/gals be the first to have a sneak peek at the new stuff for 2005. You really are the first, since the items were just put up on the site late yesterday.

Sorry about the quality of the pictures at the moment, they are temporary and will be changed as I am waiting for the high resolution pics. to get to me.

Have a look and tell us what you think :D

Thanks and enjoy the blizzard of 05 :rolleyes:

Kadir aka: Rock Hopper

Rock Hopper
01-23-2005, 10:36 AM
Sorry.... Just in case you didn't know which site to go to:

aquaskinz.com

Thanks,

Kadir

P.S. John, hope it's okay that I put the web site up...

tlapinski
01-23-2005, 10:43 AM
Medium bag.... :happy:

http://www.aquaskinz.com/newwebproducts.htm

Rock Hopper
01-23-2005, 10:45 AM
TL,

You like that huh... ;) :) :happy:

K

tlapinski
01-23-2005, 10:47 AM
any chance they will be available at the Hartford fishing show? :lm:

Rock Hopper
01-23-2005, 10:57 AM
I am working on it T, but as you know, we do not sell direct and as of right now, there no dealers we work with at the show as far as I know.

I am sure Joe from Surfcasting will be one of the first to have them as he ususally is.....maybe through him....

K

BigFish
01-23-2005, 10:58 AM
How about at the MSBA Show K?:confused: Nice to see the much needed deeper pockets on those bags.;)

Clammer
01-23-2005, 11:04 AM
just returned from the site /that new jacket looks like the ticket for me --in the boat =======ITs number one on the agenda list

great feedback makes a difference ///:D

Rock Hopper
01-23-2005, 11:20 AM
BF,

What's up bud?? Definitely at the MBA. There will be a number of dealers there and I am sure they will have the goods.... Put out the word now so that they will.

I will also be sending them all the info. they need so double the reinforcement.

Clammer,

Yes, that is indeed a great jacket for the boat.

Hope to see you all soon....can't wait for budding leaves of Spring.

K

JohnR
01-23-2005, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Rock Hopper
Sorry.... Just in case you didn't know which site to go to:

aquaskinz.com

Thanks,

Kadir

P.S. John, hope it's okay that I put the web site up... Absoluetly - you are a sponsor here AND you have a great product....

Clammer - which one you thinking about? Rampage or EVO2?

BigFish
01-23-2005, 11:49 AM
Thanks Kadir...looking forward to seeing you at the MSBA Show!;) Give Crazy Alberto and Paul my best, hope to see them both also.:D

Peter Lajoie
01-23-2005, 12:18 PM
cant wait to get the gloves and the new bag...

chris L
01-23-2005, 01:11 PM
nice gear Kadir ! nice belt and bag

lurch
01-23-2005, 03:18 PM
Does any of this come in tall sizes?? I am 6'6'' and only have a 34 leg length so I need talls. I am very intrerested in the product but dont think it would fit my torso.

If I do the math my torso is 44'' how long is evo2 dry top and will it fit me??

Thanks.

Rock Hopper
01-23-2005, 07:51 PM
Thanks John, I appreciate that!!

BF: Will do pal. I don't know about Paul but Alberto should be at the show.

PL: yes, I think you will be happy with the new stuff.

Chris: Thanks bud, hopefully everybody will feel that way.

Lurch: You may need a larger size due to the length you are looking for. We can talk about this if you need some guidance.

Thanks again everyone, looking forward to another great year and fishing season!!

Kadir

Mr. Sandman
01-24-2005, 08:23 AM
I tought I had found the ideal wader belt last season...now I see you have one with BACK SUPPORT! That looks like a must-try item. Next year I expect to see the "Wading Belt with Back Support and Therapeutic Massage"
:D

once again, more good stuff!

Rock Hopper
01-24-2005, 05:40 PM
Mr. Sandman,

Thanks for the kind words & sorry to throw a wrench in your works...;) I used it all last Fall and gotta tell you, for someone who always has back pain (me), it was a life saver.

I think you will be happy if you try it.

Kadir

cheferson
01-24-2005, 09:13 PM
Anyone tested the gloves out yet?

Rock Hopper
01-25-2005, 12:13 AM
Cheferson,

You can ask Mike (Tattoo) about them, he was the only one North of NY to try them out.

Thanks,

Kadir

theSURF121
01-25-2005, 12:52 AM
Nice stuff Kadir! If you go to the show, bring some Mack painted darters and watch Alberto foam from the mouth!

cheferson
01-25-2005, 07:46 AM
thanks

Skitterpop
01-25-2005, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by chris L
nice gear Kadir ! nice belt and bag

Do you have any stylish but sensible shoes as matching accessories? :rolleyes:

Joe
01-25-2005, 08:33 AM
Kadir - Send all asap

Rock Hopper
01-25-2005, 09:26 AM
TH121: Alberto just can't help himself when he see's quality, custom plugs....but wich one of can:D .

Indinate : Working on it :p ;)

Cheferson : You are welcome!

Joe: Will do, ASAP :)

Thanks,

Kadir

fishweewee
01-25-2005, 09:53 AM
Kadir,

Tell Alberto to pick his damn phone. :laughs:

If u see him, tell him he better not weasel out of lunch with Hans this Saturday (let me know if u and Danno want to go too). :cheers:

Rock Hopper
01-25-2005, 10:47 AM
Hey Ben,

You know as well as I do that the Alberto hot line is always in use...gotta wait your turn pal :rolleyes:

As for Saturday, I will not be able to attend unless it is early...which is too bad because I would have liked to see you and Hans.

Give me a shout and provide timessssssssss.

Kadir

Tattoo
01-26-2005, 07:25 AM
Yes, I was put under oath at a very formal and secret meeting of the minds and was lucky enough to be selcted to test out the gloves.....

At fist I was skeptical, I've got major arthritis in my right hand, which is also my dominant hand. If you got arthriths, you know how bad that sucks. I've used a lot of gloves in the past, they work, but only for a short period of time. Try to switch plugs, or tie on a new leader with gloves on...yeah right! So you have to take them off to do it, then the one between your teeth falls out into the wash and now it's wet. It's a downward spiral from there. The Simms glvoes I used were nice, kept my hands warm, but the cut off fingers didn’t do me much good, once your hand starts to get cold it's over.

So Kadir shows me the gloves, I check them out and try them on. Wow, thses things fit real nice, but they seem kind of thin. Kadir assured me that even though they were thin they would keep my hands warm. Ok, what the hell, I'll believe him.

This fall I put them to the test. Lipping fish with them, leaving them soaking wet in the pocket of the jacket, climbing on rocks with them, using them as I would any other pair of gloves. I was very impressed. The gloves do get wet, but they keep your hands warm, real warm. The coolest thing about them is that you can infact tie knots with them, without it being a total cluster f&*ck. Finger gards and sports tape are a thing of the past when casting braid. The index finger has another layer of material so the braid doesn’t effect the glove.

Very slick, very durable, and very warm.

PaulS
01-26-2005, 08:28 AM
Kadir, do you know if anyone is going to be at the Springfield or the Rockland shows? Thanks

Mr. Sandman
01-26-2005, 08:38 AM
Tattoo,
Let me get this straight...you can cast braid with these gloves on and it doesn't cut thru the material? Really? If so these will be a must try.

Tattoo
01-26-2005, 08:52 AM
YES - Really Really!

I use 50lb Power Pro

Rock Hopper
01-26-2005, 09:16 AM
Yes folks, exactly what Mike said! I did not want to go into all features as it could be mis-construed as a hyping up my product but they are everything Mike described.

Mr. Sandman:Mike started using them in the Fall, I and a number of other casters that were demoing them started using them in June. We all cast with braid andlall of us fish 3-6 nights a week. Not one glove failed!! Plus, they do keep your hands very warm even when wet. I was using a pair over the weekend with the frigid cold, shoveling snow and building snow men and snow mounds with the kids....they were perfect. They also allow you to work, as in change plugs, tie knots and handle fish more effectively. They alo dry pretty quickly if left to air our.

PaulS: I will not be at Springfield but will be at Rockland and will hopefully have Ramsey there to offer them to the consumers.

Thanks again folks.....I can't wait for the Spring!

Kadir

Slipknot
01-26-2005, 09:28 AM
That is a good review Mike, thanks for letting us know :)

I have one question Kadir, do they come in giant size? I have huge hands to go along with my size 14 feet.

Rock Hopper
01-26-2005, 09:31 AM
Slip,

They go up to XL, which is pretty large but I remember you do have monster hands...... you will have to try a pair on bud.

Kadir

Slipknot
01-26-2005, 09:54 AM
Thanks Kadir, I'm sure I'll find some at one of the shows.

JohnR
01-26-2005, 11:32 AM
Kadi - any thumb open models for conventionals :hee: ? I'd hate to cut the thumb off of one...

Rock Hopper
01-26-2005, 01:15 PM
No John, they are all full fingers but Myself and a couple of other's threw conventional with them with no ill effects :D

Obviously not as sensitive as the bare hand but suprisingly sensitve and plenty of dexterity.

Kadir

zacs
01-28-2005, 10:06 AM
Hey Rock Hopper,

When are you guys going to make a leader wallet that works in the surf?

I would buy it.

_Z_

Rock Hopper
01-28-2005, 02:06 PM
Zac's,

Have you looked at the small pouch?:confused: That is an amost all in one pouch. Can store leaders, terminal tackle, 5 & 6 rubber shads. If you haven't looked into this little honey, you might want to ;)

www.aquaskinz.com/images/smallpouchbig.jpg

It measures about 5 inches long by about 1 1/2 wide (when empty) but it's expandable and is about 4 inches high.

It really works well.

Check it out.

Kadir

zacs
01-28-2005, 02:20 PM
I have looked at the pouch, what happens to me is that I like to tie a whole bunch of leaders with hooks or snaps, with teasers, and I find when fishing, especially at night, I need to be able to quickly flip through the leaders to get to the specific hook/snap/teaser I want. I have tried the pouch of my plugbag, but I can't get it well organized and find myself dropping leaders, or I have to pull out everything and it is a pain in the butt. At first I was using CD wallets, but the zippers are pretty much useless in the saltwater. I have bought a couple specifically meant for surfcasting. One fell off my belt, and on one the leaders wouldn't stay in the sleeves well, and they would fall out if you opened it up upside down. Nothing like spending all winter tying leaders to see them washing around at your feet, or worse, feel down for them at your belt and find they are nowhere to be found. The reason I like your products is that you take all of this into consideration. I will buy your pouch for 6" storms, though. I always have a hard time trying to figure out where to put them.
Thanks,
Zac

Rock Hopper
01-28-2005, 05:55 PM
ZACS,

THANKS FOR THE REPLY. I AGREE WITH YOU WHEN IT COMES TO THE LEADER WALLETS BEING LESS THAN IDEAL. I HAVE GIVEN THIS A LOT OF THOUGH AND MY COME UP WITH SOMETHING IN THE NEAR FUTURE. THERE ARE SO MANY THINGS THAT COULD BE MADE BETTER.

WITH REGARD TO THE LEADERS, I PUT TWO INTO SMALL ZIP LOCK BACKS LIKE THE ONES USED IN WEST MARINE OR BOATERS WORLD FOR THE SCREWS AND NUTS THEY SELL. I WRITE ON THE BAG IN PERMAMENT MARKER AS TO WHAT LB. LEADER IT IS AND WHETHER IT IS FLOURO OR MONO.

I CAN PULL THEM ONE AT A TIME AND HAVEN'T YET DROPPED ONE INTO THE WAS YET. I ALSO TEND TO OVER FILL MY BAGS AND HAVEN'T HAD A PROBLEM WITH THIS SYSTEM.

IF ANYBODY HAS ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS, THIS WOULD BE A GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO DOP THEM IN HERE.

KADIR

Zeno
01-28-2005, 06:19 PM
Hi Kadir
Nice job on gloves ,cant wait to try them on at one of the shows.
As an admitted wuss who fishes with gloves from April to November (don't laugh , I drove back from East Hampton last year because I left my gloves at home ............after sitting in traffic for 2 hours.Yeah ,I know.I DIDN'T say I was smart) I am tired of going thru 1/2 a dozen NSR gloves a year.You guys doing the Freeport show ?
ps
Any lefty out there want to trade ?I got at least a dozen left hand gloves in pristine condition
lol

Rock Hopper
01-29-2005, 08:50 AM
Hey Zeno,

How are ya bud? Who says you aren't smart:confused: ? You just want what you want the way you want it....there is nothing wrong with that.

As for the Freeport show, no, we will not be there as I will be doing the CT show during that weekend.

I am sure we will se each other at some point. I did show them to Tom Melton, editor of the LI Fisherman, yesterday and he was literally ready to highjack my prototype but they didn't fit and said he wants a pair as soon as possible. He also loved the single row bag!

So, when I see ya is when you will probably see them ;)

On to the sugestions I asked about, no one has any :confused: Come on you guys, that is a poor showing from some crafty and creative folks on this site:rolleyes:

Give it up, I know you have your own ideas ;)

I am waiting....:p

Kadir