View Full Version : We lost one of the "Good Ones"

Karl F
01-27-2005, 12:12 PM
Bill lurked here, and was a friend to all fisherman... gonna miss him.

William J. Gorham Jr., 49
Worked at Mid-Cape Home Center; in merchant marine
SANDWICH - William Joseph Gorham Jr., 49, died Monday at Cape Cod Hospital, Hyannis.
He was the husband of Evelyn G. "Ava" Gorham.
Mr. Gorham was born in Boston and raised in Braintree, graduating from Braintree High School in 1973. After graduating from Massachusetts Maritime Academy in 1978, he served in the merchant marine until 1986. He moved to Cape Cod in the late 1970s and worked in quality control management at Mid-Cape Home Center.
He was a past member and served on the board of directors of Massachusetts Beach Buggy Association and Cape Cod Ski Club. He was a founder of Outcast Surf Club and enjoyed fishing, camping, cars, skiing and sailing.
Besides his wife, survivors include two daughters, Colleen A. Gorham of Sandwich and Shannon L. Gorham of West Yarmouth; a brother, Paul L. Gorham of Weymouth; and two sisters, Mary Gorham Franco of New Canaan, Conn., and Ann I. Powers of Sandwich.
A funeral will be at 11 a.m. tomorrow at Corpus Christi Catholic Church, 324 Quaker Meetinghouse Road, East Sandwich. Burial will be at a later date.
Memorial donations may be made to Bill Gorham Memorial Fund, c/o Cape Cod Five Cents Savings Bank, Attn: Nancy Gardner, 514 Station Ave., South Yarmouth, MA 02664. The fund will benefit the education of his children.

:(

GaryK2
01-27-2005, 01:14 PM
Sorry to hear that. "Only the good die young."

Rappin Mikey
01-27-2005, 02:29 PM
Sorry to hear the news Karl. My condolences to his family and friends.

BigFish
01-27-2005, 03:55 PM
Karl...was Bill a tall guy, glasses, Jeep I think? Or a blue pick-up? I know its the same Bill I see every year down the Race.....rakes his own sandies?:( My goodness Karl, what did he die from? Very sad! Too young!:(

Karl F
01-27-2005, 04:04 PM
Larry, Bill had a green chevy pickup, and a class C, Sandy Necker.
You met him at the MSBA show, he was in a walker, as he had just had back surgery around then.
Heart attack, sudden.

BigFish
01-27-2005, 04:08 PM
That sucks Karl....same guy!:( I will miss seeing him!:(

Homerun04
01-27-2005, 04:46 PM
May God Bless his sole.....

chris L
01-27-2005, 04:58 PM
sorry to hear that karl . my thoughts go out to his family .

BigFish
01-27-2005, 05:57 PM
I met Bill 2 seasons ago. It was my first run out on the Race that season and I was airing down as Bill came off the beach......we chatted about the fishing, got around to where he was from. He grew up in Braintree he said and I had grown up there also!:) Turns out we knew many of the same people. He generously gave me some fresh sand eels he had just raked and went on his way. Real nice guy....always stopped to talk everytime we met after that! Saw him alot out there! I will think of him on my first run this spring out to the Race.....especially when I land my first striper of the season out there. It will be for Bill......just a good guy.;) Wish I got to know him better!:( Damn we are here for such a short time! Some shorter than others I guess!:(