View Full Version : Charlestown Breachway

AnthonyN
11-02-2001, 10:27 AM
I am heading down the breachway tonight to sling some eels but i was wondering how the fishing has been down there??? If there is some other prime spot down south county please let me know!! I hopefully would like to run into 1 more big bass before the season closes. Thanks

:)

JohnR
11-02-2001, 04:10 PM
If it's not too busy, there should be fish there (well they'll probably BE THERE, busy or not)... I'd righly reccomend that you fish with a buddy and that you both have Korkers if your fishing the breachway. The potential for injury or worse is great if your not using Korkers on the breachways (and half of Rhody's great spots)

AnthonyN
11-02-2001, 04:28 PM
Yea i am going with a friend but we don,t have korkers. I should buy some though just never thought of it i guess i slipped on one too many rocks if ya know what i mean. Almost fell in the drink last time there tried to climb down to get a rig unstuck almost slipped in the drink head first:eek:

The Iceman 6
11-02-2001, 04:40 PM
Anthhony, do yourself a favor: buy the Korkers. John may see you there tonight, dunno yet? Knobby still tired from last night's game....;)

AnthonyN
11-02-2001, 05:33 PM
I am heading down there now want to catch the outgoing tonight 9:00pm. :)

Tattoo
11-02-2001, 05:42 PM
Wait two hours.....be there at 11:00 should be start to dump by then

bassmaster
11-02-2001, 05:47 PM
A tomorrow ????

chris L
11-02-2001, 06:37 PM
if they're open stop at weekapaug B&T . Don may have a pair or 2 of korkers hanging around . They are needed on the breachways . Im into pain so I leave mine in the truck cause im mental ( hehehehe BM )

AnthonyN
11-03-2001, 12:46 AM
Well I'm back with nothing to show except soaking wet clothes. It was way to rough. The waves were crashing over the wall i hung in there and got pounded by waves and almost knocked in a few times for no fish. The current never turned when it was supposed to the waves kept washing the eel in even before the current got a chance to take it. The tide dropped 3 feet with no signs of a strong current. I am so disappointed it seemed like the perfect night warm weather, moon tide, minimal wind but it all fell apart in the end :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

That was my second time there next year i hope to spend more time down the breachway it seems like a great spot but i have to put my time in.

JohnR
11-03-2001, 07:26 AM
I've been down there at times when the the fish are strong but it's hell to get a fish out. Getting pounded by the surf when retrieving a fish ain't worth it... I just move on.... C-town seems to be most effected by big surf...

Anthony, for any serious rock hoppin', Korkers are an absolute. Without them it's like trying to play roller hockey without rollerblades...

bloocrab
11-03-2001, 05:14 PM
...Anthony, I was up that way last night too....didn't hit the breachway though...and yeah, weren't those waves awesome ??!!....

..about the Korkers...

..the difference is night and day...but if you don't want to spend 70$ on a pair of sandals with cletes ...then consider the Korker felt soles with cletes.....they adhere right onto the boot of yer waders... The Bear's Den in Taunton has them...and a certain Cobbler in my town does an awesome job of puttin em' on fer ya... Total Cost 29 $ ....and I've never lost a spike! ..or a sole...lost a few fish, but ..HEY..:p

....psssssssssst....I saw a lot of baitfish this morning ...at the beach just before the Breachway....Matoooooonique!

AnthonyN
11-03-2001, 05:45 PM
I have to buy a new pair of waders any how do you know any types that include the korkers or you still have to buy them seprate.

bloocrab
11-04-2001, 01:43 AM
I have never seen waders with Korkers permanently attached to them..

I also believe that the majority of the fishermen/ fisherwomen on here use the sandal prototype..

After hearing some reports some time back...and talking to a few B/T owners ...they convinced me to try the Felt/bottoms/ with spikes....they said " You'll never be sorry "...and until this day....there ain't one sorry scale on my skin!

..And the people that I've turned them on to.....also have no regrets...

..I must add this sad note though.....the first ones I had ever bought.....were a bit thicker than the ones " Korkers " makes now...but they're still worth the 20 bucks any day !...and like I told the others.....have a Cobbler apply them to the Waders...( its Guaranteed where I have it done!! ) if they come off....they buy the next pair !.....coo huh?..

..I had posted this before, not no-one showed interest....if you want some info, so that you can make your own decisions drop me a note...;)

Slipknot
11-04-2001, 10:36 AM
That sounds good Bloo, too bad I just bought a new pair of korkers yesterday :( But If I did that would I need 2 seta of waders, 1 for beach and 1 for rocks? And what about hip boots? 2 seta of them also? I can't keep spending $ on fishing or my wife will kill me.... But It sounds good to me. How much does he charge? and is Tat's pair free? ;)

bloocrab
11-04-2001, 02:46 PM
..ok, here's the deal the last set I bought was at the Bear's Den in Taunton...the previous pair came from Bucko Bros. the prices differed by ten dollars...the one that included glue was ten dollars more...but if you bring it to the Cobbler ;) he has the right stuff, and will only charge you 20$...he has done many of these...

...and the beach thing Slip, the spikes are safe on sand;) ...makes em' a bit heavier though..( the waders )

tip: if you think it needs more spikes ...cut down some nails/add washers and insert em' before you hit the cobbler..