View Full Version : Guys, I need an old El Camino

Billybob
01-31-2005, 03:58 PM
I figured it couldn't hurt right.
I have 2 sons and when they come of age I let them get an old car that we restore together. We get to share some quality time yellin at each other, and learn something in the process - and the kid gets a car.
The first one was easy, he got a 90 Jetta.
The little guy will be 15 soon and wants a 68 - 69 ElCamino (a chip off the old small block, eh).
So, I thought I'd put the word out in case anyone runs across one. These aren' that easy to find.I'm looking for one that's beat but complete - and cheap.
Let me know if you run into one.
Thanks

hunan
01-31-2005, 04:13 PM
there's one in e. taunton, been there for a while and i don't know if it's for sale yet but i'll look. might be a 70-72 though, is that cool or 68-9 only? tell him the round nose chevelles look better and are worth more anyway. good luck to you and cherish everyday working on it. never had the time to get my hands dirty on my 72 nova with my little brother and he died in a car accident on dec.5th. he was only 17. had the car for 8 years and he never even got a ride in it. boy do i regret it! sorry to write this but i couldn't help it. i'll get back to you if i get over there.

Karl F
01-31-2005, 05:09 PM
real stuck on that particular vintage?

I'll check, there was a real keeper of one, over in Dennis, but I think it was a 70 or 71, clean, SS 396 (matching #'s 402ci) with a 4 speed muncie/hurst shifter.. I'll double check tomorrow or Wednesday, buddy of mine was sniffin' around it.

Raider Ronnie
01-31-2005, 05:24 PM
Try this
CSA
chevy supply of Assonet
(508) 644-chev (2438)

I've used them in the past for parts.
The deal mostly in mid to late 60s chevys

hunan
01-31-2005, 07:25 PM
john over there is a nice guy and pretty knowledgable too but i don't think you'll find a complete car. he takes the motors and trannies out of most everything he's got. plus he doesn't need to sell anything if you know what i mean. good luck.

Karl F
01-31-2005, 11:02 PM
Found you a project car, if that's what you want, says it's a good runner, needs some body and paint work, but ey, $2500, PA, ain't a bad ride with a car trailer.

http://adcache.collectorcartraderonline.com/10/4/4/28918544.htm

hunan
01-31-2005, 11:32 PM
nice job karl. that car's a score if that 4 speed is a muncie and it's got a 12 bolt in it. disc brakes will sweeten the pot even more.

mrmacey
02-01-2005, 08:00 AM
I will find out if its for sale he will probably give it to you Ill ask

Billybob
02-01-2005, 09:27 AM
Thanks for the input guys, keep it coming.I wouldn't mind the drive to Pa but you never know what you got til you get there, and a matching # SS with a Muncie is probably out of our budget.
We like the 68-69 nose, but I think up to 72 would probably do it.Even a plain Chevelle would do it,Actually, I wanted to do a Nova.
Mr Macey, I'd appreciate it if you'd ask on that one, you never know -I gave a 71 to the junk yard about 15 years ago because I didn't have the time or $.
It is a lot of fun doing this with your kid - well worth it for both of us.
You wanna see the Jetta project?