View Full Version : New tires for the mini van

Carl
02-02-2005, 03:22 PM
I need new tires for the Mom - mobile (Windstar) I looked on tire rack for the ratings there. I've called around the local tire places and most seem to be pushing their overstocks. I found a place that seems to be giving me a decent price for a decent tire. I was able to get 50K out of the factory tires. Has anyone recently put new sneakers on a mini van with any recommendations (either positive or negative) ?

Thanks

Carl

fishsmith
02-02-2005, 03:33 PM
I like Sears because you get free rotations for the life of tires and with a Sears at most malls, its an easy place to kill time. Plus there is usally a Sears 10% off anything coupon in the sunday paper.

Fishpart
02-02-2005, 03:38 PM
Put Uniroyals on the Venture last year. Like the tires got them at BJ's Wholesale Club. Have good treadwear ratings, free rotation, price is mounted and balanced I believe.

TheRattBoy
02-02-2005, 07:03 PM
Mom's taxi usually gets Sears Weather Handlers.:) johnny

Raider Ronnie
02-02-2005, 07:58 PM
Most Sears brand tires are actually major name brands (Like, goodyear, michelin, ect) that make them for Sears, and put the Sears name on them.;)

redneck24
02-02-2005, 08:05 PM
sears are usually goodyear, which are the worst tires on the road. go with cooper:D

fishaholic18
02-03-2005, 12:33 AM
Michelin, can't go wrong.
Stay away from Good-for-a-year.

Mike P
02-03-2005, 06:19 AM
Funny---I got close to 80K out of my last two sets of Goodyear Wranglers :huh: Just replaced the second set on the wife's Explorer at 150K.

When I had my Trooper, I bought a couple of sets of Kellys. About half the price of Wranglers per tire and I got about 60K out of them.

I do mostly highway/beach, tho.

Carl
02-03-2005, 09:03 AM
Are Goodyear tires really that bad? That is the brand that most places are pushing - The goodyear integrity. I had already decided I am not getting those. There is another tire - GY Assurance - that seems to be a higher end tire. Any experience / opinions? I only have experience with Firestone / Bridgestone tires in the last ten years. Those are on a different vehicle, but that's another story:smash:

redlite
02-03-2005, 09:06 AM
MIchelin Man

partsjay
02-03-2005, 08:02 PM
I work for Ford, Lincoln , Mercury.......all I can say is you get what you pay for. Good Years arn't that bad, it probably came with Generals on it....they are a ok tire, just inexpensive. The best tire out there are Michelins if you ask me. If you want something middle of the road, you could try Continental...not a bad tire....the Sears Brand tires are ok tires...yes they are major brands, but not the top of the line of that brand. The " problem " that I see with Sears is, thats the only place you can get replacements. If you get a flat and need 1 tire...you have to go to Sears to get that tire, you cant just go anywhere and get another one. If you don't want to go to a dealership, and you are looking for the perks ( free rotation, snow tire swap, flat repair ect.... ) you could try Town Fair Tire, they do all the perks and offer all types of tires. Good Luck.

redneck24
02-03-2005, 08:41 PM
i work for chrysler, they come with good year, i see them everyday, they are the absolute worst tire on the road. i personally have coopers on my vehicle. on any of my trucks i will only use bfg's.