View Full Version : 1995 Hydra-Sport

Van
02-02-2005, 08:20 PM
Tell me everything you know about this boat.

A buddy of mine is looking at buying it.

1995 with a 115 Johnson.
Thats about all I know.

MTC
02-02-2005, 09:32 PM
What size?

Fish On
02-02-2005, 11:12 PM
Back then they made the vector series in the smaller sizes. I have one, the 2150 WA and I love it. I've heard the boat described as good or better quality than a Grady White at a fraction of the price. The hull is very seaworthy, solid and stable in rough seas. One downside is that the outboard design does not have a full transom. After taking a few waves in the back I built and installed a splashboard that has made a big difference. I would buy the same boat again without question.

I'd be happy to try and answer any questions your friend may have.

mrmacey
02-03-2005, 04:48 AM
Is that boat located in Raynham. I was looking at an older one down here last year I think he still has it on his lot. if it is that boat it has been sitting for at least 2 years now.

Billybob
02-03-2005, 08:20 AM
Well with a 115, I'm guessing it's an 18' CC and I think Fish on is right that they made the Vectors then. Those are great boats, well made kevlar reinforced hulls, steep deadrise.I know a guy with one and he loves it. I'm not sure about the power, I think I'd rather have a 150 but I really don't know 115 may be enough. It would be interesting to see what the max hp rating is on it.It's worth a sea trial if the price is right.
Bill

Van
02-03-2005, 08:50 AM
95-96 Hydra-Sports 20 Ocean CC center console bimini 115 Horse Johnson very basic electronics 65 gal tank under deck minor dings trailer with some minor rust.

Hes not a fisherman, just wants a runabout for family. skiing, tubing. Possibly trip from vinyard to mainland

As for the trip part I told him only if flat calm, and he might not be able to make the return trip. (basically not a good idea).

I also told him 115 seems under powered, thats a 4 cylinder.
I suggested he check the HP rating on the hull plate, and find out how many hours are on the powerhead.

"uffah!!"
02-03-2005, 09:05 AM
I have a 200l Hydra-Sport 212 W/A and I love the boat. I go allover the bay with it and don't have any trouble with. I got it new, its powered with a 150hp Johnson. The only thing I wish it had was trim tabs, I am thinking very hard about installing a pair this year;

Van
02-03-2005, 09:57 AM
He just sent me this.....

"""The maximum horsepower rating for the boat is 150 hp.
From the information I got when I bought her and the use we've given her since, I'd estimate between 120 and 150 hours on the engine. The engine has always been serviced and maintained by a boat yard."""

I questioned him on the low hours for a 10 YO rig. He said he just didnt use it much, thats the original power.

Roop
02-03-2005, 12:04 PM
That's a great all around boat.

A buddy of mine owned one & we took it everywher from fishing the flats to 20+ miles off CHatham.

quick decision
02-03-2005, 07:40 PM
VAN, its imporyant to know how much.

Van
02-04-2005, 10:03 AM
SO far everything I have heard here and from him and the seller looks good.

The price is 10K. If it is truely in great shape, I think he is in the
right ballpark....(What do you think?)

Other than maybe a bit under powered, but maybe thats just me..... I like lots of HP !!!!!!!!!!!