View Full Version : Rumor has it.............

Flaptail
02-04-2005, 08:46 PM
Gibbs Lures has been sold.:(

Karl F
02-04-2005, 08:49 PM
Once again, eh... to whom? If ya know...
If I remember right it was most recently owned by a furniture co. in RI :huh:

Krispy
02-04-2005, 10:46 PM
If I'd known it was on the block, I woulda found a way

Zeno
02-05-2005, 05:59 AM
what for ? u need fire wood ?

NIB
02-05-2005, 08:24 AM
How long before they go by the wayside.I hope the new owners can turn things around.Stan Gibbs was THE true pioneer in our craft today it would be a shame to see the company wit his Name on it go down the tubes.it's getting tougher an tougher to manufacture a product of any kind in the USA wit all the cheaper imports that flood the market.I don't think a twenty dollar hand Made wooden lure is a far fetched idea anymore in this economy.but who will pay for em as most the bass guys i grew up wit are notoriously cheap.

Pete_G
02-05-2005, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by NIB
How long before they go by the wayside.I hope the new owners can turn things around.Stan Gibbs was THE true pioneer in our craft today it would be a shame to see the company wit his Name on it go down the tubes.it's getting tougher an tougher to manufacture a product of any kind in the USA wit all the cheaper imports that flood the market.I don't think a twenty dollar hand Made wooden lure is a far fetched idea anymore in this economy.but who will pay for em as most the bass guys i grew up wit are notoriously cheap.

I think especially with the longetivity of some of the custom wood out there $20 is reasonable, as ridiculous as it sounds.

I've got a Tattoo Darter and a Beachmaster Danny that are several seasons deep and I use them regularly. If they aren't lost to bluefish, cow bass, or snapped off by over zealous casting they'll go years more. There are plenty of less expensive plugs I'd have to buy several times over during that timeframe. False economy...

Gibbs needs to step up and compete with the custom stuff, or at least get closer to the build quality and lifespan of the customs. Customs aren't necessarily easy to get your hands on, but if you're looking they aren't that hard to get either.

I will say, from my viewpoint, the current crew at Gibbs has been great to work with. They have product ready to go at all times enabling me to offer a VERY complete selection at the shop. I can order on Monday and get plugs on Tuesday.

pbrown
02-05-2005, 02:46 PM
Nothing swims quite as nice as a gibbs danny for me. What A SHame it would be if they went by the way side.

bassmaster
02-05-2005, 03:16 PM
thyejustneed some qc controll thats all and a few tweaks to there lures.
there needles are awsome they complement a habs and a beachmaster in a few styles nice along with the ss needles thats all you need and a brain to know when to toss what

Flaptail
02-05-2005, 08:11 PM
:rolleyes: Go back into your hole you bent up,used up stinky old sand dog. You better start looking for a wheel chair with four wheel drive. Get some binoculars so you can watch me from the parking lots cause thats as close as your going to get this year. Better yet better get a job in a tackle shop thats where the has beens go after they can't run the beach anymore, weighing other peoples fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laughs: :laughs: :laughs: :laughs: :laughs:

Karl F
02-05-2005, 08:16 PM
Hey, Tall Boatman, tell us who bought up what's left of Gibb's, will ya?, ya big tease! ;)

NIB
02-05-2005, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by bassmaster
thyejustneed some qc controll thats all and a few tweaks to there lures.
there needles are awsome they complement a habs and a beachmaster in a few styles nice along with the ss needles thats all you need and a brain to know when to toss what

I got all that stuff but no bRain:smash:

bassmaster
02-06-2005, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Flaptail
:rolleyes: Go back into your hole you bent up,used up stinky old sand dog. You better start looking for a wheel chair with four wheel drive. Get some binoculars so you can watch me from the parking lots cause thats as close as your going to get this year. Better yet better get a job in a tackle shop thats where the has beens go after they can't run the beach anymore, weighing other peoples fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laughs: :laughs: :laughs: :laughs: :laughs: i will out fish your gayfag ass any day of the week
your lucky i let you grace my presence........
:bshake:
seen Bob had a idiot pulled over on the highway,lmao. guess he is waitin for herring season :D
he looks good now that i dont poach herring out of that town you live in...
oh yeah You suck

NIB
02-06-2005, 08:21 AM
How bout we set up a cage at plugfeast.
First U an Flap can go in.then maybe Mike Thomas an #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& then maybe u an Newell guy then capesams an mr.habs.or bernzy..We dress uze up in old women clothing an makeup.No throwin punches just pullin hair an kicking an screaming like a bunch of Girls.:D

Alright now before anybody gets there panties ruffled up this is a joke.:cool:

MAC
02-06-2005, 08:23 AM
:laughs: :laughs:

Karl F
02-06-2005, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by NIB
How bout we set up a cage at plugfeast.
First U an Flap can go in.then maybe Mike Thomas an #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& then maybe u an Newell guy then capesams an mr.habs.or bernzy..We dress uze up in old women clothing an makeup.No throwin punches just pullin hair an kicking an screaming like a bunch of Girls.:D

Alright now before anybody gets there panties ruffled up this is a joke.:cool:

Drag Cage Match :D

2 girlymen enter...
1 girlyman leave

:laughs: ;)

Springs right around the corner guys.............

bassmaster
02-06-2005, 10:29 AM
nib im going to pull your air valves

bassmaster
02-06-2005, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Karl F
Drag Cage Match :D

2 girlymen enter...
1 girlyman leave

:laughs: ;)

Springs right around the corner guys.............
:laughs: :laughs: :laughs:

Nebe
02-06-2005, 11:09 AM
:rotf2: Good One NIB!

NIB
02-06-2005, 11:35 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Karl F
[B]Drag Cage Match :D

2 girlymen enter...
1 girlyman leave

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLETS GET READY TO RUUMMMMMBLE............. :happy:

NIB
02-06-2005, 11:36 AM
oH yea i almost forgot it was EBEN's Idea.:rolleyes: :eek: :D

NIB
02-06-2005, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by bassmaster
nib im going to pull your air valves

Ugaa!!!!!!:D

Nebe
02-06-2005, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by NIB
oH yea i almost forgot it was EBEN's Idea.:rolleyes: :eek: :D

NIB!! :smash:
Match 3--- The tile man versus the Glass man :rocketem:

capesams
02-06-2005, 12:02 PM
<------ shore, who's got the long hair

Backbeach Jake
02-06-2005, 12:06 PM
:rotf3: :rotfl: Yuz guys is just too much! Where's the friggin windex!

NIB
02-06-2005, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by capesams
<------ shore, who's got the long hair

Hair what hair.i got as much hair as this guy :eek: We'll need some wigs.Bring the mask thingy in ur picture.

capesams
02-06-2005, 01:07 PM
mask:confused:

Nebe
02-06-2005, 06:24 PM
Salty, I am sure we can find some hair to pull on you.. IMO nose-hair is the most painful followed by toe-hair :devil:

RI Popper
02-07-2005, 10:12 AM
Leave Salties short curlies alone. LOL or we'll chang your name to bikini wax

bassmaster
02-07-2005, 12:14 PM
My hair i cant do a thing with it:p

NIB
02-09-2005, 07:12 AM
I have a comb.I'll never part with it.:D