View Full Version : Tred Barta

Mr. Sandman
02-05-2005, 08:10 PM
That guy should seek medical attn. I love fishing, I really love it probably as much if not more then this guy, but he is so high strung, so intense I think he takes a lot of the the fun out of a trip. There is no fun on those trips, I think I would rather be at work! No doubt he is a great fisherman, I don't take that away from him one bit....its just he is over the edge.

I just saw that show where he went to the canyon (from Shinnicock)a few hours before a hurricane was to arrive. (60mph winds forecasted by 6:00pm), by himself, in a CC. Yeah he caught a few tuna but was it really worth the risk? Is he suggesting everyone do this or what? The guy needs help if you ask me. Whe you start a show saying..."I am the greatest fisherman in the world" I think that says something about your style. He is out there braggin he fished the canyon in a 19' mako for several days. He put so much fuel on his boat they had to tie it to the dock so it would not sink while fueling. Then he floated the fuel tanks when he was out there and fished around them, eat spam to survive and stayed out there for days. No gps, no loran, just a compass. The guys is a whack job if you ask me.

How do these people get thier own TV show? Next I bet we will be seeing skishing the canyon for sharks with tred barta and friends.

ProfessorM
02-05-2005, 09:00 PM
Seen that guy on several episodes. He is a lunatic. High strung is an understatement. But entertaining. Not someone I would like to fish with though. P.M.

Swimmer
02-05-2005, 09:37 PM
He acts like an idiot really. Its all show and certainly not enjoyable in the least for the fisherman. To say he is an eogoist is an understatement. He accomplishes his goals but not in an effective manner. He fishes alone like he does because no one would go with him. Fishing on his boat would be like hanging out with a guy who says its my way or the highway pal.

Some say fishermen are antisocial, its not that I am, I just don't mix well with people!

TunaCell
02-06-2005, 06:59 AM
I don't mind him that much, although he can be overbearing at times. Fishing with him would be like fishing with your father: every thing you do is wrong, and when you do it right it can be done better, with a lot arguing and screaming in between. And I can understand his attitude, you're there to fish not to have a picnic and hold hands, that's what a cruise is for.

Has anyone here seen one of his hunting episodes? They're worse IMO. He thinks that if your not hunting with a bow, you're not a true sportsman. However he seems to be a humbler bowhunter than fisherman.

NIB
02-06-2005, 07:51 AM
I never seeen the shows but i used to enjoy reading his articles on the back page of one of the saltwater publications.Some peoples over the top is anothers laid back.

Goose
02-07-2005, 01:27 PM
Classic example of a tv host with to much money. First time I seen Bret he was knelt down in front of a deer scrape, with both hands he was grabing dirt from the scrape pouring and rubbing it into his hair and clothes......C'MON! His hunting shows are all guided ta boot. How bout the time he's fishin and forgets his bowls for cereal...he takes a knife cuts a gallon in half....F'n mess on boat. He belongs in hollywood. He should name his boat "I want props"

Nebe
02-07-2005, 01:46 PM
Nobody is worse than Charlie Moore IMO :smash:

MakoMike
02-07-2005, 03:00 PM
Ive never fished with Tred, But I have fished next to him, fairly often. I'll tell you one thing, he's one of the few guys out there that will come on the radio and tell you where he's catching fish, if he's catching fish.

02-07-2005, 03:19 PM
He recently did a 2-hour Q&A session on another forum, he gave some very good information. One thing for certain is the guy knows his stuff when it comes to offshore fishing.