View Full Version : Do they teach kids history in RI anymore?

Skip N
02-08-2005, 10:20 AM
I read this today and was in total shock that someone could be such a moron and have NO clue about history what so ever. The teachers of that school should be ashamed for not teaching this idiot kid about what the Nazis did in WWII. This is just sick. He's either an uniformed moron or a radical anti B.U.S.H person. This drives me nuts.
:mad:

http://www.projo.com/news/content/projo_20050208_ma8nazi.236e022.html

spence
02-08-2005, 10:39 AM
Actually it sounds like he's very involved with what's going on. Agree or disagree, I'd rather have him thinking than apathetic and non-productive.

While Buhs and Hitler may not be equitable, there are millions of Americans very concerned with elements of the Administration's behavior that don't seem to be in line with traditional American values.

Art has traditionally been an outlet for political outrage. Many famous works were bold and courageous statements.

More than likely the student was attempting to get people to think about what we're doing in the world.

-spence

Skip N
02-08-2005, 01:03 PM
There are other ways to get your point accross if you are not happy with the Iraq situation or whatnot. You dont have to resort to comparing the president to the worlds worst mass murderer. I dont see this as "art" at all. Its a blanent attempt to comapre Hitler to W and its sickening to say the least. This is not art nor is this kid an artist, he sounds like some punk trying to get in the news and push things to the limit. A very uneducated kid to say the least and id like to have a nice talk with him and his dumb teacher who gave him an A for that crap. He certainly has the right to think this regardeless of how innacurate it is, I guess what really bothers me is that he got awards from the state for that crap!:af: Sounds like whoever gave out the awards believed that nonsense also and its totally sad and disgusting. What is this world coming to when we praise this kinda of slander?:af: :smash:

spence
02-08-2005, 01:21 PM
Skip, you obviously have never been to a modern art museum...ever :hs:

I remember one exibit at the Stedlijk in Amsterdam some years back. Let's just say the subject of the work was two naked men portraying Nazis with their friendly goat :hihi:

Art isn't about boundaries. Good taste is subjective, but so is art :read:

-spence

Skip N
02-08-2005, 02:04 PM
Maybe this is why i dont like art that much:D I dunno, when i think art i think of paintings and scultures and such. I dont think of naked nazis and Hitler W comparisons. Seems like everything passes for art these days:smash: Heck my dog taking a dump in my yard is probably considered art now a days:laughs: Just alot of sick people passing lame ass stuff off for art these days i guess.