02-09-2005, 05:30 PM
:rocketem:

fishweewee
02-09-2005, 05:38 PM
wahlie is HOOKED! :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

There is no turning back now. :devil:

wahlie
02-09-2005, 06:37 PM
yeah.... pistols are more addictive than rifles... pretty soon i'll wind up doing my own reloading... damn you ben ;)

redlite
02-10-2005, 09:07 AM
What'd ya get Wahl?
Big gun show this weekend. I think the ring money is gonna get me a new "reward" instead.

fishweewee
02-10-2005, 09:14 AM
shopping around is fun. :hihi:

wahlie
02-10-2005, 09:43 AM
Mike,
Picked up a springfield armory XD40... sweet gun.. also got a walther p22... where is the gun show? I'm going to the one at the big e in a couple of weeks.

fishweewee
02-10-2005, 10:02 AM
this is worse than fishing in terms of the impact on the pocketbook. don't let the missus get a whiff. :devil:

redlite
02-10-2005, 10:47 AM
Just talked to my pops and this weekend's is a local Sportsman's club show. Only a couple of dealers.
Feb 19 + 20 is a pretty good sized show at the Shriner's auditorium in Wilmington, MA. The Big E is Mar. 12+ 13. Love that show. Takes ALL day to get through and you can actually shop and work dealers against each other with prices. we will be there for the Big E.

I haven't fondled one of the new XD40's. The Walther 22 is a nice piece. Here's a great tip. Get yourself a box of real low velocity subsonic 22 ammo. We get it at the Big E. You can shoot right in your basement (or living room; just put down newspaper to catch the brass) with almost no noise. Is great indoor fun. Not sure if it would cycle the action on the Walther semi though, but its worth a try.

Its gettin ridicuosly expensive in Mass to buy guns. I have gone into a couple of shops and choked at the prices and wondered how the guy was still in business cause I couldn't picture someone paying some of the prices. That's the lovely thing about gun shows.

Sorry for the Hi-jackin' goin on with this thred.

fishweewee
02-10-2005, 10:54 AM
sounds like an interesting show. most of the new england shows I've been to have been little more than flea markets for junk that people wanted to offload.

wahlie
02-10-2005, 10:55 AM
yeah, good thing the lady doesn't check the msg boards ;). The XD 40 fits perfect in my hands plus it has an ambitextrous mag release which is nice since I'm left handed. It's got the polymer low end like a glock... shoots real nice as well... We should meet up at the big e show... Can you get a concealed carry permit in Mass? i heard that they are really tough on gun owners up there. I use to shoot low velocity .22's in my basement when I lived in queens... tons of fun. I don't think it would cycle in the Walther. Ran through about 5 types of ammo until I came across the CCI mini mag long rifle cartridges... Gun was jamming left and right but now it's great. This has been a hobby that I've had my whole life but now ben has brought it out in full force.. Don't worry toby, it won't take away from quality fishing time

:smash:

fishweewee
02-10-2005, 11:11 AM
yeah you can. but you have to get your home state first.

Has to be renewed every year and you have to do a lot of legwork in the app and renewals. Fee is $100, but you have to get 2 passport photos, spend $25 on your local state background check yada yada yada.

redlite
02-10-2005, 12:01 PM
A lot of rumblin and grumblin about the gun laws up here in Taxachusetts. Toughest gun laws in US. The issuance of LTC is up to the discretion of the police chief of each town. Grew up across the street from my town's Police Station. Real tough for me to get it.
Not sure of process for out of staters to get a MAss LTC. Would imagine is pretty tough. Probably through Ma State Police.

fishweewee
02-10-2005, 12:04 PM
actually, toughest gun laws in the country are ny, nj, md, ca, and part of the midwest (at least when it comes to carry).

easier for non-residents to get mass class A ltc than some residents!

wahlie
02-10-2005, 01:02 PM
in a perfect world it would be great to get a "New england ltc" which would cover vt,nh,me,mass,ct,ri. that will never fly though because then each state wouldn't get their share of the pie..... Ben, we on for sat? 1pm wallingford...
having dreams about the kimber.... forget the sugar plums dancing in my head...

fishweewee
02-10-2005, 01:05 PM
yeah, copacetic dude.

FYI, CT is sorta shall-issue. NH and ME are shall-issue. VT doesn't require a carry permit. RI and Mass are may-issue. Mass overall easier to get than RI.