View Full Version : Illegal baits...

JohnR
11-04-2001, 08:39 PM
I pulled the illegal baits thread... I'm not allowing a second yellowing the snow contest in one day... Let's drop it, OK? Bigger & Better things....

Anthony, don't worry about where you hook the live hearing - that is not illegal... The places I've done it is in the nostril when the herring tends to be down current from me or behind the dorsal, usually in a boat (me, not the herring), or wading in slow current...

Fish_Eye
11-05-2001, 06:01 AM
Anthony and John,

Those are all great ways to rig a herring, but there are also times when hooking them just after the anal vent works great. When I want my "bass candy" to swim down into deeper water, yet I don't want to use a weight, this technique will often get our chrome-plated friend to dive, dive, dive. Most of the time I favor the under the chin and out the nostril method. Only 180 days till we start doing it again :eek: .

Got herring?

Tattoo
11-05-2001, 06:27 AM
YUMMMMMMMMM

AnthonyN
11-05-2001, 12:29 PM
180 days :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

JohnR
11-05-2001, 12:41 PM
There will be fish before then (not many monsters) but some holdover fishing to be done across the winter months still...

Tattoo
11-05-2001, 12:46 PM
Do the mortality rates sky rocket on hold over fish that are caught?...I would think so....but who am I....