View Full Version : Zap-a-Gap?

bcaron
02-09-2005, 08:42 PM
What is Zap-a-Gap? I know what most people use it for, but what class of adhesives does it come under? Is it an epoxy? cyanoacrylates (super glue)? I use a lot of different stuff at work and these speciality products are usually re-packaged from other brands.

MAC
02-09-2005, 08:44 PM
CA

bcaron
02-09-2005, 08:49 PM
Thanks Mac. I thought so. Saw "accelerator" listed with it in Jann's. Bostich markets a similar product for use with slow drying Loctite brand cyanoacrylates. By the way, any one who uses epoxies and CAs might be interested in checking out the McMaster Carrr or MSC website. Great selection of heavy duty professional adhesives and epoxies to suit any application.

Nebe
02-09-2005, 08:57 PM
Unlike super glue, its water proof

mikecc
02-09-2005, 09:15 PM
just added Zap-a-gap and all other types of epoxys and finishes to the site.

http://www.capecodtackle.com/Merchant/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=cct01&Category_Code=07_05_LURE+SUPPLIES

FlukinUki
02-09-2005, 09:58 PM
Mike, or whom ever...I see Zpoxy listed at the bottom of that page. How does it compare to the Devcon 30min Ive been using for my plugs? The devcon I just Bought was 15 bucks (Yeah, I know...I bought it from a hobby shop cause I couldnt wait).

fishaholic18
02-09-2005, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by mikecc
just added Zap-a-gap and all other types of epoxys and finishes to the site.

http://www.capecodtackle.com/Merchant/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=cct01&Category_Code=07_05_LURE+SUPPLIES

Mike, have you got it in stock now? I need a keg full. :laughs:
Seriously, I'll get some when I stop in next time.

mikecc
02-10-2005, 08:36 AM
How does it compare to the Devcon 30min
don't know never used Devcon. I would not use as a top coat but is Ideal for bonding almost anything.

Flaptail
02-10-2005, 08:50 AM
I have been using devcon for a top coat for years. The 2-ton 30 min/2 hour. Unlike Z-poxy which I also used for years for flytying head finish for saltwater flies, the Devcon doesn't yellow. It provides a solid, hard durable finish. The one thing I liked about z-poxy was that as it sarted to firm up you could pop it in a microwave for 10 seconds and it was just like you just mixed it. Devcon is not as unforgiving as Envirotex when your mix ratios are not quit 50/50. I used E-Tex 10 years ago and couldn't deal with the fear anymore of having a slightly imperfect mix ending up having a plug with a tacky surface. You can by Devcon from some ditributors in larger volume dispensers with "guns" instead of cans or the small tubes you get at Wal-mart. There is a place in New Bedford. You get an almost perfect mix every time.