View Full Version : cheferson- did you see that freighter?

Pete_G
02-10-2005, 11:16 PM
Sounds like a freighter ran aground at Castle Hill tonight.

I don't know any details though. Odd place to crash, between GPS and Castle Hill Light I'm a little confused as to how you run aground there.

"I got lost in a snow squall" isn't going to work as an excuse...

cheferson
02-10-2005, 11:27 PM
No sheet! Didnt see it , havent got back to work yet( restaurant is closed in winter). I was gonna stop buy tomorrow and see when i could start back up. Gonna have to take a ride over and take a look after. I want some of what that captain was:smokin: :smokin: . How the hell do you crash there? :confused:

fishaholic18
02-10-2005, 11:32 PM
Just saw it on the news. Not much info. CG got it into deeper water now.

Nebe
02-11-2005, 08:02 AM
10 feet off the low tide line is about 80 feet deep at castle hill :huh:

remember when the car carrier hit Fort Wetherall and some Saabs tumbled out into the bay??

JohnR
02-11-2005, 08:23 AM
Going over the bridge on the way to work I saw that it was off goat island this morning. Now those rust buckets pump a lot of water out of their bilges but that one appeared to have a real stream coming out the side. Also was down in the stern a bit but nmost of those look that way regardless...

fishweewee
02-11-2005, 08:53 AM
maybe the skipper was busy getting lewinski'd and he lost control of the wheel at a crucial moment.

Pt.JudeJoe
02-11-2005, 10:29 AM
Reminds me of the famous word of Captain Hazelwood from the Exxon Valdez :: "I said RUM and COKE on the rocks! Not RUN THE BOAT ON THE ROCKS! :gu:

Trnrbrnr
02-11-2005, 08:25 PM
Forget the captain. There was a pilot on board. What was he doing?

spence
02-11-2005, 08:40 PM
The captain :hidin:

-spence

chris L
02-11-2005, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by fishweewee
maybe the skipper was busy getting lewinski'd and he lost control of the wheel at a crucial moment.

What does Toby have to do with this ? ? ? Im watching my back

beamie
02-11-2005, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Trnrbrnr
Forget the captain. There was a pilot on board. What was he doing?

Even if there was a Pilot onboard the Old Man still has the ultimate control of the vessel, thus gets burdened with ultimate blame even when it is the Pilot who may may screwed up.

Jon

Crafty Angler
02-12-2005, 04:05 AM
The freighter was on it's way from Cape Verde to Fall River from the news report -

I dunno, sounds like the captain took a right at the first light :hihi: