View Full Version : Homeless plugs...

Diggin Jiggin
02-10-2005, 11:28 PM
I been busting my hump trying to get this stuff done before plugfest, and the last batch is drying as we speak.

Speaking of which, if anyone has a spare turning motor or a grill rotisserie that you'd trade for a plug and you're going to be at plugfest let me know... :)

Ok, some of these plugs have homes already, but there are 10-12 that I made to trade w/ you guys....

Got Mackerel

Diggin Jiggin
02-10-2005, 11:29 PM
how about blue backs (for herring) or Bunkah ?

Diggin Jiggin
02-10-2005, 11:31 PM
Redheads, maybe classic yellow and white ?

Diggin Jiggin
02-10-2005, 11:31 PM
here's what the face looks like ...

thefishingfreak
02-10-2005, 11:38 PM
i'll take the green one:D

Backbeach Jake
02-11-2005, 06:41 AM
:D Yummy!

Motor Fish
02-11-2005, 09:47 AM
Mackerel! Mackerel! Mackerel!

Slipknot
02-11-2005, 11:04 AM
NICE!
How are they weighted?

I am intrested in the top pogie popper, see you tom. save that one for me, I'll bring plugs :)

Diggin Jiggin
02-11-2005, 12:25 PM
Sweet, a Slipknot plug :happy: :happy: :happy:

These have a large tail weight and a couple of belly weights placed so that they float at an angle like an injured fish, with the cup of the face entirely clear of the water. They are dressed w/ 3/0 vmc's on the belly and a 6/0 vmc siwash on the tail.

I just put hooks on the three pogies and 2 floated like they were supposed to so I will bring those two and you can take your pick.

One was a little to a$$ heavy and was barely floating. I don;t have a duplicator so they are all slightly different. Once you add the speed of the retrieve it would probably be ok but it will not have the action that I wanted them to have. They have a deep cup and a flat head, so if they are too heavy they tend to try and go under when you pop them. I'll keep that one, and drill a little lead out of the tail.

I'll have to test float them all tonight when I hang the hooks.