View Full Version : Deer update-

Nebe
02-14-2005, 03:36 PM
Everyone remember the picture of the deer that was peeping in my window a few weeks ago????

The bastage had the nads to pinch a loaf right on my front doorstep. :af: I went out this morning and was inches from stepping in it-

F'ing deer:smash: I might have to pull the 1947 Thompson auto out of storage :mad:

Bronko
02-14-2005, 03:41 PM
Was it in a brown bag and on fire?

Moose Nuckle
02-14-2005, 03:42 PM
I don't know but it could be a sign of good luck.

RIJIMMY
02-14-2005, 03:56 PM
Deer don't pinch loafs, they drop pellets.
Sure it wasnt me?

redlite
02-14-2005, 04:37 PM
F'ing deer:smash: I might have to pull the 1947 Thompson auto out of storage :mad: [/B][/QUOTE]

Either that check out WeeWee's deer gun posting in "Sportsman's Talk"

Could pass it off as a car backfiring.

Raven
02-14-2005, 04:51 PM
the deer was just trying to tell you ...............this is my territory.
you simply need to go pee on your doorstep and anywhere else you want to establish a claim..... works like a charm.....i use this technique to establish my territory quite often by pissing walking backwards. Anything that defies my borders ends up in the cross hairs. So far everything has got the message. :D and i'm totally serious! :cheers:

Nebe
02-14-2005, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by RIJIMMY
Deer don't pinch loafs, they drop pellets.
Sure it wasnt me?

they were little pellets.. i ahve seen alot of deer poop in by back yard, but not on my doorstep:smash:

I might have to liveline an apple on my 1213M :devil:

Goose
02-14-2005, 08:07 PM
You need to it your house out of its yard:D

RIJIMMY
02-15-2005, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Eben
they were little pellets.. i ahve seen alot of deer poop in by back yard, but not on my doorstep:smash:

I might have to liveline an apple on my 1213M :devil:

you need to be sure before blaming the deer, give them a bite, if they taste like grass, its most likely the deer. :laughs:

bart
02-15-2005, 04:23 PM
it likes you eben thats how they shows their affection :eek:

tynan19
02-15-2005, 08:03 PM
That is kinda cool. A little practical joke.

Bill L
02-15-2005, 08:58 PM
Forget the loaf on the step, I'd think you'd want to cap its ass for what it did to your rhododendrons :rocketem:

Nebe
02-15-2005, 09:35 PM
Toonoc, funny you should say that. it ate alot of them and some box hedges.... :smash:

Flaptail
02-16-2005, 09:59 AM
Eben, there is a easier way and more humane way, unless of course you like venison then by all means blast the bastage. I am a facilities Director and my grounds people have found a great way to deal with deer. Get yer self a spray bottle and go to your nearest market that deals with hot sauce like Texas Pete or Scorned Woman brands. Fill the spray bottle with it and add a touch of water. Then spray your shrubs and such with it. It will last a few days if it don't rain. I have seen the expression on deer when they eat a shrub thats been sprayed and I have to say it's really very funny. Talk about eyes bugging out and tails going up! They learn fast and won't be back for a while. Try it, deer just don't like spicy food.:D

Raven
02-16-2005, 05:32 PM
you can use "cheap ..... perfume" or anything soap....
pee works best on coyotes...

fishdump
02-17-2005, 02:57 PM
Eben,
I live in Richmond and have the same problem with deer. They are starting to move in closer to the house, actually right to our front door. Hoof prints all over the yard and right up to our gardens. The rhodes have been nibbled on as wells as some other plants. A friend of mine works in landscaping and said one of the best repellents for deer is Irish Spring soap. Get a couple bars of the stuff (original scent), cut them into slices and place it near the plants you don't want the deer to get. They seemed to hate the smell of it. It worked for us last year. My wife was ready to kill the deer with her bare hands for eating her new plants. Put the stuff out and the problem stopped. I have to put out some fresh soap, and hopefully will do the trick like last year. It is inexpensive and safe. Hopefully I'll buy a new bow this year and start to thin out the herd that roams my area. Have been watching it grow for the last couple of years. Well just a suggestion. Good Luck
-James