View Full Version : Thank you, Lockjaw & Lessons

BasicPatrick
02-14-2005, 11:00 PM
Ok,

I give it and I take it so here goes.

I had the privelidge of spending a good part of this past Sunday fishing with our own "Got Stripers".

He took me to his notorious winter fishing spot and then commenced to give me a lesson on finess techniques.

I could easily let you know that one hour after we got on the water a pretty good sized cold front came through with dark clouds, yoy yo baraometer and snow. I could even mention that only GS & one other guy of the 7 on boats and 8-10 on shore hooked uo this day. I could claim that the load of fish GS oput us on had lockjaw.

However, I always respect a fisherman that can hook up when most can not. GS worked his technique for 8 solid fish and I tried to copy him, with no success. Yes, I threw the skunk and am sure of missing at least two very subtle hits.

Bob I had a great time and can not wait to get out with you again. Thank you very much for the invite, twice. Hopefully afgter my forthcoming operation I will be better company on the ride to and from the spot also.

JohnR
02-15-2005, 08:39 AM
Yes - it's very easy to get schooled by GS :D ... The only way I found to beat him is to get him out of the boat and then it's barely even money :hee:

Oh, and you think holdover fishing is impressive, get out "Strolliing" with him in his waters... THAT is impressive

Got Stripers
02-15-2005, 08:53 PM
Nice to have you out, too bad the weather and fish didn't cooperate, you need to post that shake & bake fish. I've seen some scussies caught but I hooked the worst one I've ever seen, Patrick snapped a picture, hopefully he can post it.

schoolie monster
02-16-2005, 01:31 PM
Yeah, he's definitely a pain in the @$$.

He's a sharpshooter and doesn't miss many... and as the day wains, he still maintains the intensity. I try to hang with him for a while, but at some point, he'll go on this run and then I'm just trying to stay respectable.

And the slower the fish are, the bigger the gap is 'cause he zeros in while I'm fading out into space.

Its OK though, one of these days I'll get 'im!!! Its just a matter of time.
:)

Hey John... hope the winter is goin' well... its flyin' for me cause every day, week, month blurs into the next. But things are ok.

Later

Pete_G
02-16-2005, 03:23 PM
I caught a holdover that looked like it was covered in cottage cheese once. It was without a doubt the most unhealthy looking fish I have ever seen.