View Full Version : Finally got my new toy today!

Rappin Mikey
02-15-2005, 02:53 PM
Prowler13 angler addition. I ordered it right after XMAS and it was suppose to be in by January 20th. The guys kept telling me it was going to be a few more days. It got to the point that I thought they were trying to pull a fast one, because they had me put 50% down. Oh well here it is. Watch out fish!

partsjay
02-15-2005, 03:13 PM
Nice Ride Man..:btu:

chris L
02-15-2005, 03:25 PM
when it snows next could I use that for my kids to go down the hill with

ThrowingTimber
02-15-2005, 03:43 PM
:kewl: :devil:

BigFish
02-15-2005, 03:45 PM
Thats got Race Point written all over it!;) Sweet!:btu:

reelecstasy
02-15-2005, 04:06 PM
Shweet ROT..........I'm jealous :kewl:

t.orlando
02-15-2005, 04:07 PM
Looks like you could fit at least 40 beers in the back. Might get you through a nite.

SBASS1
02-15-2005, 04:19 PM
Now you just need a reel that holds more line, and can crank in a thirty two footer...

hooked
02-15-2005, 04:34 PM
Nice looking yak. 2 cup holders is a good idea. One for the beer and the other for the worms. The yellow will look better with fish slime all over it.

partsjay
02-15-2005, 04:52 PM
I'm a little nervous about getting one of those.....how tippy are they? All I can pitcher is me going to set the hook, and next thing I know is I'm upside down drinking water.

Slingah
02-15-2005, 06:22 PM
nice yak ak ak ak ak;)

beachwalker
02-15-2005, 06:46 PM
ya boyee :D

tynan19
02-15-2005, 07:53 PM
That will get you into some action. I have some yaks and can't wait to get into some tidal marshes early in the season.

Peter Lajoie
02-15-2005, 08:02 PM
A whole keg could fit in the back of that good choice....:D
That thing is sweet, I know they gave you allot of bull%$%$%$%$ with the order, but it looks like it was worth it...

Bazza
02-15-2005, 08:04 PM
Looks good Mikey. It sould come in handy on the beaches.. Enjoy

rizzo
02-15-2005, 08:07 PM
mikey did you get a helmet to wear with that :D ;)

RickBomba
02-15-2005, 08:47 PM
Sure he's still got the helmet he used to wear on the short bus.
Headgear, too. Adolescent Mikey used to look like an alien with all of his head accoutremants.
Love,
Rick

chris L
02-16-2005, 09:47 AM
its good he stopped banging his head ! but is he still chewing off his finger tips ?

Rappin Mikey
02-16-2005, 03:49 PM
Yes, the short bus. Yes, the fingertips. Why, haven't you ever felt like your eyes are melting out of your face? It's snot like I'm the only one who thinks bats is bugs and penguins is practically chickens!

Tburg
02-16-2005, 09:22 PM
That yak is sweet . Where did you order it from?

jaywalker33
02-17-2005, 10:07 AM
I was thinking about getting a yak this year myself. What are the major pros/cons in getting a SOT vs the sit in ones?

piemma
02-17-2005, 11:54 AM
I have a Pungo Angler Yak that is a sit in with spray skirt. I think the main difference is that the sit in is less tippy because of the lower center of gravity. I have had mine for 3 years and love it.

HighTide
02-17-2005, 03:22 PM
Nice yak Mikey- I picked up Malibu Two at the end of last season and I'm itching to take it out fishing this Spring. I took it out once already to try it out- nice ride, lotsa room, I tried to tip it and it wouldn't go over. Hoping to spend some time on it this year.

Good Luck with it

Rappin Mikey
02-17-2005, 03:25 PM
The sit on tops are easier to get in and out of in the surf. I ordered it through a shop here in Hadley. I don't know if naming them would be Spamming.

Hooper
02-17-2005, 03:28 PM
Mikey

Great Yak! One question tho, where d'ya put d'MOTOR?! :D

Enjoy, and be safe...!

The Iceman 6
02-17-2005, 08:43 PM
That was a nice dig Rick. Mikey - sweet yak....

Ice

Tburg
02-17-2005, 09:58 PM
The sit on tops are easier. I have one that is about 8 years old. I have not used it for the past few years. When I did it was up in the Green Harbor. Worked great to get into the rocks around Blue Fish Cove..Cast a rubber shad or a popper at the Rocks and SLAM...Also got alot of fish just paddeling and trolling a rubber shad...I like the way the prowler is set up..it looks sturdier and lighter...

About 6 years back woke one sunday in the early fall ( over cast and misty) and took the yak out to play in some swells to work off a hang over. The surf was up and i liked to ride the waves in and padlle out. ( the one i have is about 14' and 55#) Well after doing that for a half hour I paddled out to rest...I looked out to see a set forming bigger than the ones I was riding. I thought I could paddle down and get around.. I started paddleing and the swell grew and I was beat. I had no time to turn onto it and it started to break...Just before it hit I undid my leg straps, wave hit..I got tossed and went under , the yak went airborn...not sure what happened after that... all I remember is opening my eyes and all i could see was the inside of the front of the vest..I was still in the water but because of the way Yak vests are cut to allow arm movement they tend to float up on you when you are in the drink. A wave hit and water just came in on me. My feet wer just touching sand. My head was throbbing and I had a huge egg on the top of my dome... I adjusted the vest and so I could see, looked into shore and saw the yak getting tossed about on the beached...I still had the paddle in hand and some how made it to shore. I dragged the yak up the beach fell to the sand and started my own yaking....I hear a voice from the sea wall..."you sure were out floating in that water for a long time..almost came out to get you..." all I could do was shake my head and continue puking....ALWAYS WEAR YOUR PFD

C-5 CC
02-18-2005, 01:52 AM
Mikey- nice rig!! Hey there, did ya get my message the other day? Sorry, it wasn't a drunken rap song. just yer average plain old, "what's goin on" message. Give me a buzz when ya get a chance. Count down is ON... only two months or so till we see a little action you-know-where.
Brandon

Tburg- Good story! Good reminder!

Hooper
02-18-2005, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Tburg
About 6 years back woke one sunday in the early fall ( over cast and misty) and took the yak out to play in some swells to work off a hang over. The surf was up and i liked to ride the waves in and padlle out. ( the one i have is about 14' and 55#) Well after doing that for a half hour I paddled out to rest...I looked out to see a set forming bigger than the ones I was riding. I thought I could paddle down and get around.. I started paddleing and the swell grew and I was beat. I had no time to turn onto it and it started to break...Just before it hit I undid my leg straps, wave hit..I got tossed and went under , the yak went airborn...not sure what happened after that... all I remember is opening my eyes and all i could see was the inside of the front of the vest..I was still in the water but because of the way Yak vests are cut to allow arm movement they tend to float up on you when you are in the drink. A wave hit and water just came in on me. My feet wer just touching sand. My head was throbbing and I had a huge egg on the top of my dome... I adjusted the vest and so I could see, looked into shore and saw the yak getting tossed about on the beached...I still had the paddle in hand and some how made it to shore. I dragged the yak up the beach fell to the sand and started my own yaking....I hear a voice from the sea wall..."you sure were out floating in that water for a long time..almost came out to get you..." all I could do was shake my head and continue puking....ALWAYS WEAR YOUR PFD

Jesus, that sounds scary! Glad you survived that one.

I think it was two falls ago, fall of '03 I think... two women went kayaking off of a beach in Harwich, Mass on a calm sunny fall morning. Well, the fog rolled in quickly and they became lost.

CHATHAM - As the weather worsened, the Coast Guard ended its search for the second kayaker missing for more than two days.

The search for Sarah Aronoff, 19, of Bethesda, Md., was ended around 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, a Coast Guard spokeswoman said.

She and a friend Mary Jagoda paddled a pair of 8-foot plastic kayaks into the fog off Harwichport Sunday afternoon. They didn't return after 10 minutes, as expected, and their waiting boyfriends called for help. The Coast Guard found a body believed to be that of Mary Jagoda, 20, of Huntington, NY, around noon yesterday about four miles south of Monomoy Island, a federally protected bird refuge.

Aronoff was a student at Franklin & Marshall College in Lancaster, Pa., who met Jagoda through their boyfriends, according to her mother, Victoria Aronoff. At Aronoff's family home in Bethesda yesterday, Jody Benjamin, a family friend who stayed to watch Sara's two younger brothers while her parents were in Cape Cod during the search, said Sara is a lifeguard, a lifelong swimmer who coached youngsters in the sport.

Sara had been on the local swim team for 12 years and is majoring in physics and astronomy at Franklin & Marshall College in Lancaster, Pa., Benjamin said. Sara and Mary were friends through Sara's boyfriend, Joe Sachs, Mary's classmate.

The Coast Guard searched continuously for 50 hours by boat, plane and on foot, and covered an area of 710 square nautical miles before ending the search, Petty Officer Jaimie Knife said.

The two capsized kayaks were found Monday in an area known as Pollock Rip Channel, a mile south of Monomoy, an island south of Chatham that is about eight miles long and several miles wide. Park rangers searched an abandoned lighthouse on Monomoy on Monday afternoon but there was no sign of the two women. - AP

Cape Cod Times Story

Backbeach Jake
02-18-2005, 05:40 PM
Watch out for the Jig-it crowd in that thing! Nice YAK , hope it serves you well.:D

Rappin Mikey
02-19-2005, 03:21 PM
Yikes! I just pooped my pants!;)

beachwalker
02-19-2005, 10:27 PM
and Darwin smiled in his grave....

fishweewee
02-20-2005, 06:37 AM
nice rig Mikey. I like the sit on tops better - easier to bail out (or at least they don't swamp as bad as sit-ins).

I like the recessed rod holders (better than pvc pipe) from a safety point of view. less work to pull them out, means your body's not off balance for too long. are you able to hook up safety straps (bungee cords) to your rods (in case you tip) to prevent them from going into the drink?

one other thing...your life preserver. test it out in a swimming pool first and see if it supports your weight.

Rappin Mikey
02-20-2005, 07:13 PM
C'mon Ben, I ain't that fat.

fishweewee
02-20-2005, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Rappin Mikey
C'mon Ben, I ain't that fat.

:laughs:

No, really, sometimes I wonder about the ratings on the life preservers. I had one that supposedly matched my weight, but when I took a dunking it was a struggle to stay afloat. Better to test your gear beforehand before you really need it.