View Full Version : Fuji triggers for plate seats?

tlapinski
02-16-2005, 10:30 AM
Has anyone wrapped one of these yet? I can't figure out how to line them up with the plates, and which to wrap on first. I am wrapping a Zziplex, but the butt is so large that I will need a 22 or bigger trigger to fit over it. The ferrul would require a 24 minimum to get over, which is way too big. I wanted to keep the seat to a 20, or go with a plate. Any thoughts on this trigger?

http://www.capecodtackle.com/Merchant/graphics/00000001/xx.jpg

mikecc
02-16-2005, 10:43 AM
on a Zziplex it should have a reverse taper .
Butt thinner that the ferrul.
Slide the seat up from the butt.

spence
02-16-2005, 10:50 AM
I lined the trigger up with the rear of the plate seat so I can get two fingers on it, but you could put it anywhere. Mine is just taped on with a friction tape underwrap. I haven't bothered to do something more permanent.

Figure out where you want it, then put the trigger on first...seat second.

-spence

tlapinski
02-16-2005, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by mikecc
on a Zziplex it should have a reverse taper .
Butt thinner that the ferrul.
Slide the seat up from the butt. There is a re-inforcement over the 1st 1/2" of the butt which makes it need a 22 to get over. I just like 20 seats. Oh well, probably go with a 22 now.

Big Dave
02-18-2005, 03:49 PM
Toby
As you now know, that Sea Raider has a parrell butt section and takes the 22 reel seat. If a trigger is required? Depending on the reel, there are many after market trigger reel camps that can be used. I know a lot of guys that wrap that rod for dual purpose and when they put a conventional on it they just use the trigger clamp. Big Dave

Billy 40
02-18-2005, 06:24 PM
I believe that's not a trigger seat, but a Palming seat. YOu're not supposed to split your fingers around it, rather put it under the back of your hand. Like hte Palming seat from Fuji - looks exactly teh same.

Goose
02-18-2005, 07:21 PM
What about the old bending of a spoon handle, that exactly don't feel to bad.