View Full Version : What Some Of Us Endure In Winter To Make Plugs

BigFish
02-17-2005, 07:45 AM
Not all of us have nice heated basements or garages to set our shops up in which can make things difficult, and many of us have our shops in some rather difficult surroundings for plug turning, however we endure and press on turning out top quality plugs.;) I thought it might be a fun thread if we described our work area or, if possible, post some pics of where we do our creating.:D It might be good for a laugh.:laughs:

I was, for the past year, doing my turning under an overhang behind the apartment I rent. No walls, no heat, and one electrical outlet. I had built a small temporary bench on top of two sawhorses and I would put whatever tool I was using at the time on the bench and do what I needed to do. It was a difficult area to say the least to build plugs in but I did what I needed to do to get the job done including letting sealer and paint dry in the kitchen when needed!:rolleyes: Well, just after New Years I started renting an unheated garage close to my apartment. It is huge at approx. 100 feet long by 20 feet wide with about 18 foot ceiling. No heat but lots of room, lots of new electrical outlets and lots of new lighting and the price was right as I also needed space for my work to store my work tools. I built a permanent bench, which now is less than I need and I must build another, and I have lots of room to work. It is unheated as I said but I use a propane heater and it makes it good for what I need to do. I still can't paint there but when it warms up I will not have a problem. At least it is sheltered area, I can keep my tools there and leave everything as is when I am done for the day where before I would have to pack up all my stuff and store it against the weather. I will post some pics later today of my new "shop". I would like to see some of yours though.:eyes:

tynan19
02-17-2005, 10:36 AM
:shocked: :shocked: Spots.

capesams
02-17-2005, 12:39 PM
"What some of us endure in winter to make plugs"

Trying to keep the wife off my back long enough to get a few done,,honey do this, honey paint the hall,livingroom ceiling.finish the trim, do the dishes, unload the dishwasher..clean the toilet...all this after work...:mad:

reelecstasy
02-17-2005, 12:42 PM
couldn't have said it any better CS........:af:

wish I were single

Pete F.
02-17-2005, 03:37 PM
"All you ever think about is fishing"
"If I had scales would you spend as much time chasing me?"

Gloucester2
02-17-2005, 04:17 PM
Her: "You take better care of that stooopid fishing equipment than you do of me"

Me: "That's cause it gets used more and I want IT to last a long time" :D

afterhours
02-17-2005, 05:09 PM
:laughs:

Young Salt
02-17-2005, 09:17 PM
after test swimming today i had to wash off the rod in the shower...still too cold to connect the hose outside.....problem?!? no i don't have a problem ;)

i just took some pics of the shop last week....will post in the next couple days

Fishpart
02-18-2005, 06:50 AM
Do you have to make so much dust?

Do you have to paint those now it smells.................

Why do you make those it takes so long...........

Charleston
02-18-2005, 09:35 AM
"When are you going to set up your shop and get out of here for awhile".... :smash:

BigFish
02-18-2005, 09:38 AM
Believe me Charleston.....I am there more than I am here.:D Headed there right now matter of fact!:happy:

reelecstasy
02-18-2005, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by BigFish
Believe me Charleston.....I am there more than I am here.:D Headed there right now matter of fact!:happy:

come and get me, I need to be rescued:smash: I won't wear anything with pockets :rolleyes: