View Full Version : Reading reports in todays fishermen

Mr. Sandman
11-07-2001, 04:22 PM
it sounds like the fat lady has sung on the outter cape and islands. (despite the fresh MV post here, which I tend to put a little more faith in) I still think the guys are giving up too early.

I'll be "keeping it honest" (for surf bass) thru thanksgiving no matter what the reports are. I have one 'tog trip to take (via boat) to top off my freezer for the winter. After that, it's time to get ready for Xmas then break out the new ski's and head north.

can't catch'em if your line ain't wet!

Got Stripers
11-07-2001, 04:50 PM
I've not given up, just setting my sights lower and preparing for a winter of playing around with holdovers. Still I've seen several nice fish come out of the pack of rats, Slip knows that :). If the Clamdiggers still catching, I'm game for a bay trip or a Cod trip out of the Habar with FW/BC. I'm always willing to fish, for whatever and usually whereever. I'm a fishaholic, I been one for 30 years, I've tried all the usual tricks, but can't kick the habit....oh well :). I tried the winterizing the boat thing, but my doctor said that just aggrivated my condition. Since then, I go where there's no ice at the ramp and hope for the best.