View Full Version : weird looking bass

pete santini
02-21-2005, 08:07 PM
A couple of months ago i put up a thread about a mermaid tailed striper well i got a picture of it on my site if someone wants to post it on this thread go ahead because i can't seem to doit go to www.santinitube.com hit phot hit bass and blues and scroll down to the last picture the fish was taken in truro last august by a customer of mine

Slingah
02-21-2005, 08:48 PM
here ya go pete....that is weird

pete santini
02-21-2005, 09:03 PM
hey slingah thanks that bass has a mermaid/fantailguppy tail and notice yje pectoral fins how long they are

scoobe
02-21-2005, 09:08 PM
This is taken by a guy you know? The tail almost looks photoshopped.

pete santini
02-21-2005, 09:23 PM
the fish is legit no loch ness bs here pal

CANAL RAT
02-21-2005, 10:01 PM
every species has if freaks and this is an example of a mutation or birth defect usually. a very low chance of this ever happing with any regularity. this also brings up the question if this pic being doctored up I am a graphic artist/photographer and could very easily doctor up this picture with photo shop

Hotfish
02-21-2005, 10:07 PM
Guys, are you out of your pesimistic minds? Why the hell would a guy photoshop that, better yet, I guess you'd have to photoshop the guy standing there holding the things tail then too huh? Why would he be holding it like that if was just a regular tail? And, by the way, I've been Pete's shop, seen the real, actual picture, and it's not photo"chopped".
People just love to be negative and nay sayers........I don't get it.......

scoobe
02-21-2005, 10:11 PM
Hotfish no need to take offense. I'm saying anything bad about Pete at all. I'm just trying to find out more details about the picture to form some judgement. You wouldn't believe how many pictures and videos you see on the net are staged or digitally altered. It is very possible fish like that exist. Every once in a while a mutant fish will actually survive and end up on the end of someone's line. That's a very interesting catch that guy caught.

pete santini
02-21-2005, 10:14 PM
oh yea don't forget sasquatch he works at the photo lab now too. Look the guy pete broderick was fishing in truro at his familys cottage last summer with his kids when he caught this weird bass he took several different pictures of this anomaly. he could care less about photo shop or stop and shop for that matter. I thought maybe some pf you fsiherman might want to see a weirrd bass i didn't know it would be such a contreversy. Any way i think its cool the way its tail and fins are,

Hotfish
02-21-2005, 10:17 PM
I hear ya, not getting heated, just don't understand the "Skepticism". Some people are so quick to judge. I've some things like that over the years, so I'm a believer. While I know some guys try to re-create the "Big Foot" theroy with fish, others do come across some strange things for real, thats all. However, when you look at that particular picture, a lot more than just the fish would have to be docotered up, not just the tail.
No harm no foul, it's easier to throw stones than to believe.....

scoobe
02-21-2005, 10:18 PM
I agree Pete very cool to see. You know that fish was a survivor to make it to that size with such malformed fins.

scoobe
02-21-2005, 10:21 PM
Hey Hotfish, you wouldn't believe the crazy things some people can Photo-hack. I have a very close friend who loves to Photoshop and it's incredible the things he can 'create' which totally fool the eye. It's an amazing fact that some fashion/cosmetics magazines actually use digitally created faces! So that's how they find women so pretty heh. :p

tynan19
02-21-2005, 10:28 PM
Hey Pete nice topic. I was wondering if the Dorsal Fin was elongated also. The pectoral fins look like a Tunas. Maybe this fish's genes were set for longer fins.

Every species have their own defects. I read in the paper today of an infant girl 10 months old in Egypt had the partial head of a non-developed twin removed from her own skull.

pete santini
02-21-2005, 10:33 PM
i gave a picture to charlie soares back in october He was amazed I don't know what could have cause that fish to grow like that pollution radiation gene mutation lead poisining eating to many rubber shads or just plain lousy bait who knows

UserRemoved1
02-22-2005, 06:33 AM
bet that fish fought like a 60 lber too. Size of the tail that thing had a big advantage.

Crafty Angler
02-22-2005, 08:20 AM
It looks like that bass came with the 'Turbo' option - man, that is weird...:hs:

TunaCell
02-22-2005, 08:45 AM
I remember an even stranger picture in The Fisherman magazine last year. It was a "bottle nose" striper due to the fact that it resembled somewhat of the dolphin that bears the same name.

chris L
02-22-2005, 11:20 AM
OH OH OH OH OH Ive got it that fish was crossed with a tuna , so its a rock-et bass . bet that fish is/was the fastest and the most nimble in the school

hotshot78
02-22-2005, 11:22 AM
I recently read an article about a sample of Smallmouth Bass taken from the Patomic River. They found that the male Smallmouths were developing egg row like the females. They attributed this annomily to a spike in estrogen levels in the river, probably due to malfunctioned sewer treatment facilties. Keep in mind the majority of Stripers run through the Hudson and East Rivers, Lord knows what they are exposed to. I'll chock this one up to environmental influeneces rather than genetics, but who knows. I've seen pictures of channel cats with there tails laying flat like a dolphins. I wonder if they ate that Striper...:eek:

Goose
02-22-2005, 11:41 AM
So did it give him a better fight or what,,would he notice the difference...I doubt it, to bad.:hee:::)

Hotfish
02-23-2005, 12:17 PM
next thing we'll see is are Stripers with giants boobs!

Diamond Tackle
02-23-2005, 12:27 PM
Thats a "J-LO" BAss, Ive seen many of those in the Bronx, NY.

You really should put them out of their misery so they dont pollute the gene pool.

Fish On
02-24-2005, 02:14 AM
Looks like a Sea Robin somehow got into that fish's blood line. Perhaps a little cross pollination going on?

Mr. Sandman
02-24-2005, 08:26 AM
Some girls just have big tails:D ...I dated a ....nevermind, that is another story:laughs: