View Full Version : Reject Painting

jklett
02-21-2005, 08:19 PM
I turned some danny bodies about a month ago, and I wasn't too happy with the way they came out. Problems like tearout, thruhole blowouts, off center hook and weight holes and such. For some reason I held onto the better ones and sealed and primed them for practice. Like it takes skill to dip and drip. Anyways, I figured I'd paint them to practice and I learned quite a bit in the process. One thing is to play with the pressure, I was using only createx and each color needed a slightly different pressure. Some stuff needed about 50# of pressure, yet others(especially flourescents) did much better at around 30#. Also, I am using an old single action airbrush from when I was in high school and changing the needle opening allowed me to shoot much finer lines than I remember being able to do back then. I also figured out that if you screw something up, alcohol washes this stuff off real good! And if all else fails, paint it black! I figured I would post the painted firewood to see what folks think I should focus my attention on to improve my painting skills. I already know I need to work on my woodworking, but like I said before, these were rejects anyways. Thanks for any suggestions.

The Dad Fisherman
02-21-2005, 09:02 PM
If you need to burn'em just send'em my way I'd be more than happy to give them the proper burial (at sea that is) :D

Karl F
02-21-2005, 09:06 PM
if them is rejects, I'm throwing everything away:eek:
Good stuff, and don't be so fussy, nothin wrong there!

Christian
02-21-2005, 10:15 PM
nice rejects.

paint is looking wicked good.

Jigman
02-22-2005, 10:08 AM
As long as they swim good, I would finish them up and throw them. Paint looks fine and fish are not too fussy about such things anyway.

Jigman