View Full Version : rattle can spray nozzle question

steelhead
02-23-2005, 08:46 AM
What's the best way to keep those little plastic nozzles from clogging? I tiop the can over a spray it out after using. Should I be soaking them in thinner as well?

NIB
02-23-2005, 08:50 AM
They suck so glad i changed to the air brush.the outa come wit a few extra tips.just rob one from another can.

steelhead
02-23-2005, 08:55 AM
That's what I've been doing. I'm running out of nozzles....

Jigman
02-23-2005, 08:57 AM
You should be able to find replacement nosels in the spray paint isle at homies. I've picked them up there before. Couple different sizes too.

Jigman

NIB
02-23-2005, 09:10 AM
I scower them places an i never seen extra nozzles I wouldv'e been on em like white on rice.i think i should start returning the product.I'm fed up with em.any body want a 100 can selection of paints U p/u free.

Karl F
02-23-2005, 09:35 AM
Nib, throw 'em in your van, when your headed to the cape, I'll take 'em... if ya still got 'em by then.

Nebe
02-23-2005, 09:39 AM
If you turn the can upside down and spray for a few seconds, the tips will never clog. I havent had a clogged tip since last year when i started doing this trick.

Karl F
02-23-2005, 09:45 AM
Eben, still happens on occasion, certain colors have heavier pigments, and will clog...
Good source for extra tips $15 for 100 Krylon/Rustoleum type:

nozzles (http://www.dahub.com.au/MailOrder/International/INTorderFormNozzlePayPal.htm)

RIROCKHOUND
02-23-2005, 10:11 AM
Sometimes it isnt a bad thing...
My rustoleum flo-green has gotten a tiny bit clogged and gives a nice "textured" look to the plugs... not gonna win a beauty contest but I bet it'll catch....

But I'm with E, I turn em over and spray em a few seconds, havent had a big problem....

Diggin Jiggin
02-23-2005, 12:04 PM
I took one of the tops to a rattlecan and filled it with the odorless thinner. After using each a can, I just tip the can upside down and give the nozzle a good dunking in the thinner. I have not had one clog yet.

adson
02-23-2005, 09:11 PM
I store all my spray tops in a glass jar of thinner.

they havent clogged since I started doing that. I got sick of partially clogged caps spraying sideways and spitting.

turning the cans upside down should do the job but I always felt like it was such a waste of paint and propellant.
if you're only spraying one or two plugs at a time you'll use more paint in the cleaning that you use on a plug.

before I would steal a cap from another can when one would clog , now I have more caps than cans.

capesams
02-24-2005, 06:50 AM
yep! soak-a-cap in thinna,,,save the old one's from dead can's too;)