View Full Version : Metal Fly Rod

Swimmer
02-23-2005, 12:30 PM
I need information on a metal fly rod a friend of mine found in his attic and gave to me. He gave me a bamboo flyrod also, but I have allready been told that the bamaboo rod is a garden variety hardware store $5.00 flyrod from 50 years ago and not really worth anything. I just realized the metal rod was a flyrod. Looking at it this morning in my done over and just cleaned rod making room I noticed all the extraordinarily small eyes on the rod and realized it was a flyrod then. On the real seat the company name is Horton Manufacturing Co., Bristol, Conn. It is in three sections and has 3 to 4 inch ferules and the smallest eyes I have ever seen on any rod. The butt is probably 6 inshes long and the whole rod is about 8 1/2 to 9 feet. If anyone knows anything I'd appreciate it if you could forward that info to me. The kicker is the rod was given to me in an old machine gun barrell heavy clothe type sleeve. On the sleeve it says COVER, SPARE BARRELL M8 Crawford mfg. Co., Inc. 1943, which I think is going to end up on EBAY.