View Full Version : Too Friekin Cold To Fish Nite - thanks everyone!

JohnR
02-27-2005, 12:57 PM
We had a ball. Excellent presentation on the Block Island Blitz. I've seen it three times and I hope and hope and hope that some day I'll participate in something remotely close to that. Thanks Dennis!

For the first time in an S-B event, I think we actually ran out of food :eek5: - But what was there was awesome (though mostly gone by the time I got in)

First, to thank the people that run the shindig, Rick Bomba and the Sterno Staff :btu:

Bliz with the sound system. WeeWee and Sjerk for organizing the setup

And Red and Katie for running the door...

Everyone that helped in the setup and the break down of the night :btu:

Big Thumbs up for all that you all did.

I also want to thank the guys from the site that make it tick and I was happy to show my appreciation last night, should have done it before. You guys are top notch.

Now to thank all the people that donated stuff, Sponsors, Members and all. I truly hope I get all of you, if not I appologize and if any of you snuck stuff onto the raffle table when I didn't see it (seemed to be a few times) - thanks and let me know!

MikeCC - CapeCodTackle
Capt Dave Waldrip - Relentless Charters
The Blinfold Guide trip form Red & Canalman (which I won :) )
Dave Wehr of StockPins.com - a/k/a B-assman - who donated all the striper Pins for the people at the door - Big Thanks!
Bernzy
Mac (donated a sheeetload of plugs)
#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& (donated a sheeetload of plugs)
Tattoo's Tackle
LedgeRunner.com - Got Stripers - (donated a sheeetload of RUBBA)
Hab's Custom PLugs with 2 brandy new colors not yet seen on the shelves
CanalMan
Point Jude Lures
Bliz Lures
AdamR
Slip
The CT Boys (Whalie, Tlap, et al)
Guppy Lures and the Hess Brothers donated a bunch of plugs
Steve (Splashnplug) and Mike Mantia (Chubsdad)
Mr Sandman Derby Trip :D
Custom rods from:
Fishaholic
Saltheart
Tshirts from Crafty amd Mike E's Accomplice (and your name I'm sadly forgetting)
Reels from
ChubsDad
BigFish
Clammer's Print
Tools From Holdzit
(Who donated the Rapala Lip Lock?)
I know I am probably forgetting a few people and I sincerely appologize for that.

It was an awesome raffle table - the best I've seen at a fishing event bar none.

Awesome evening, nobody was arrested (but it was close I'm told :laughs: :smash: ) and all of you contributed to have a great tine and keep the lights on at S-B.

From the bottom of my heart - Thanks!

John

(Oh yeh, next year we'll start at 6PM)

Rappin Mikey
02-27-2005, 01:05 PM
I missed the Big Fish! Hey Big BUgh, Hi Larry

Nebe
02-27-2005, 01:19 PM
Wish i could have made it....:(

tynan19
02-27-2005, 01:37 PM
The cops must have been secret S-B members. You have two options they said keep drinking in your rooms or keep drinking in the main lobby. We all chose to drink in the lobby and no one cared. Free cookies and needles to boot. :happy: :happy:
now after an hour ride I feel like :smash: .

Great night everyone. And Plug Ho says hello aka (star thong). She had a great time can you believe it.:D

Clammer
02-27-2005, 02:20 PM
I can believe it ==========I had a Great @#$%^ time watching the [Star}} have a great @#$%^& time /:bounce: :bounce:

bcaron
02-27-2005, 02:35 PM
:btu:
Great night John and all!

Next year I'm donating a raffle drum!:laugha:

Pt.JudeJoe
02-27-2005, 09:28 PM
:cool: A most excellent time fer shure dude . I met a lot of nice people last night and lots of great food too! What was in that peanut butter dessert? I thought I saw avatars over people's heads towards the end of the night.

tynan19
02-27-2005, 10:05 PM
Joe, I have been eating your tollhouse cookies all day. Best I have ever had.:D :D You should have seen the better half at the afterparty.

rizzo
02-27-2005, 10:19 PM
t-19-Speaking of the better half when is she gonna join the page.... (kacie we know youre lurking ;) :D )

Clammer
02-27-2005, 11:22 PM
T-19 --she won a [[[trip]]] with the Clammer ================ALONE ///:happy:

tynan19
02-27-2005, 11:23 PM
I will join when I get more raps from Mikey! Thanks for helping make the night surprisingly fun after all. You guys are all great!
Clammer I thought you were seeing stars all night do you remember what I look like? I'll go one on condition...you get me into fish bigger than my husbands...

P.s. Krispy I want that stubby back!! Joe I put my secret ingredient in my peanut butter squares. And Rizzo...I need a name first!...
:angel: :bshake: :angel:

Krispy
02-27-2005, 11:29 PM
;)

Clammer
02-28-2005, 01:34 AM
Do I remember what you look like //Chit I ain,t that old ////

you,ll catch one bigger than you husband,s largest ----we,ll have to just keep trying ///// Do you like sleep-overs// ;)

TBone
02-28-2005, 08:34 AM
I'd have to say star thong is as good as any screen name! Great time, really nice meeting everyone...it's Monday and I still think I'm nursing a hangover...getting to bed close to 5 in the a. m. probably didn't help all that much! :wall:

Gloucester2
02-28-2005, 10:20 AM
How'd I miss the Stars and the cops . . . us old Pharts must go to bed too early :smash:

wahlie
02-28-2005, 10:26 AM
I wanted to thank John and everyone else for making this happen. It was my first time attending but the wife and I had a blast. Mike & Tony, sorry you had to endure her nagging ;) Krispy, hope your feeling better after the airsoft attack in the gym. I Also wanted to thank the 5 year olds that were sitting at the back of our table. They did a great job of heckling the presenters and of making themselves known. Great job boys:rocketem:

t.orlando
02-28-2005, 12:58 PM
Star.............as good a name as any. Had a great time with some old friends and met many new ones. My hangover should be gone by tomorrow. Wahlie, don't know how you put up with that woman.

rizzo
02-28-2005, 01:39 PM
Had a great time, felt like it was fishin season again... going to sleep when the sun comes up :happy:

wahlie
02-28-2005, 01:59 PM
hahahha tony, the woman kept saying mike and tony are hilarious... she had a blast with you guys...... kept her out of my hair for a couple hours.. thanks :smash:

redlite
02-28-2005, 02:00 PM
Glad I was able to beat the Plague enough to make it.
As always, good to see "The Crew". Was a great time.
After a thankful late rally on the raffle tix, compliments of Fishweewee, was able to go home with some nice stuff. Thank you to all who donated.
Was disappointed that I didn't spend more time meeting some of the people from the site that I have never had the pleasure of meeting yet. Also regret not spending a little more time talking to others besides "The Crew" that I rarely get to see.

Was a wonderful experience meeting Fa'haven's finest in the weight room. They along with the hotel staff were very patient and professional.

Was surprised but I spent very little time talking about actual fishing stuff. Was nice to be able see everyone and have conversations about things besides fishing.

And as usual, Tony and I woke up to find our trucks the only ones in the parkin lot. And no Continental breakfast left.

A great time and look forward to the next get together.

And Clammer and I enjoyed the Show. Thank you.

Jimbo
02-28-2005, 02:30 PM
Had a great time and good eats. Put a lot more faces to names from the site and had my first "hit" on the S-B decal when someone asked about it at a rest stop in CT on a long ride home with dry mouth and a pounding head. Rick Bomba, I have your raffle winnings, PM me an address and I'll mail it back. You and that madman brother of yours slunk away before I could get it to you. At this juncture I'm not planning to ho any of the fishing stuff (Canalman, those are awesome plugs), but it turns out when I put on that Billabong chef's jacket you also left and speak with a French accent it gets the wife all fired up so I'm keeping it. It was nice to hang out with the blueberry crowd in the exercise room, sorry I missed the early AM excitement.
Looking forward to next year.

tlapinski
02-28-2005, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by redlite
And as usual, Tony and I woke up to find our trucks the only ones in the parkin lot. Did he let you be the big spoon since it is the off season?

TBone
02-28-2005, 03:11 PM
Looks like the cop is the big soon in your avatar...

wahlie
02-28-2005, 04:01 PM
Toby,
I still think it's classic that your new avatar is with you and a cop from the afterparty... you look like your laughing your arse off and he's going along for the ride ;)....

tynan19
02-28-2005, 05:03 PM
Toby, who took that picture, that is awesome? Krispy ? Got any more? Actualy T.Orlando my wifes Jetta was the last car. Woke up at 11:00 saying what happened?

Someone has to organize another afterparty before the year starts.:cheers: :cheers:

t.orlando
02-28-2005, 05:14 PM
Afterparties=Plan B. An emergency contingent for when the fishing is REALLY bad.

rizzo
02-28-2005, 05:34 PM
mrs t-19 still waiting for you to register, i think you should post some pics of that 40# bass you caught this year!

mikecc
02-28-2005, 09:46 PM
Maybe next year I'll skip the TFCTFN and just show up for the after party.:D

In The Surf
02-28-2005, 11:50 PM
We left around 3 and things were still going pretty good, Mikee was in rare form strutting his stuff for the girls doing the Bombma Slide. So did he end up with peanutbutter toes or was it venison this year? Curious about the pic with Toby and the cop, what was up with that? :confused:

tynan19
03-01-2005, 09:15 AM
When the cops asked us to go drink in the Lobby I think redlite was snapping pics on his phone of the walk down there. Looks like a great pic. I don't remember the time.

Clammer
03-01-2005, 02:05 PM
T-19 --Not just meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:happy:

tynan19
03-01-2005, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Clammer
T-19 --Not just meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:happy:

I know everyone saw stars. :happy: :happy: :laughs:

reelecstasy
03-01-2005, 08:23 PM

Starfish
03-01-2005, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by rizzo
t-19-Speaking of the better half when is she gonna join the page.... (kacie we know youre lurking ;) :D )

Rizzo I am no longer lurking...I had a great time at TFCTFN! Thanks to all of you! ;) :angel: ;)

This is the best pic I have for you Rizzo...

Starfish
03-01-2005, 08:57 PM
Mikey's Bomba slide was the smoothest move I've seen...and I got plenty of exercise at the after party in the gym...I thought the night went so well...Great job to everyone! :D

Clammer
03-01-2005, 11:34 PM
@#$%^&^%$%^& @#$%^&^%#$%^ #$%^&*

S T A R S ================================================ umbrella rigs :smash:

Notaro
03-02-2005, 12:13 AM
Damn, I missed a good time. Oh well, another time in the future.

Mr. Sandman
03-04-2005, 09:29 AM
I am sorry I couldn't make it this year. It sounds like a yet-another good time.

ThrowingTimber
03-04-2005, 11:16 AM
I should have stayed for too drunk to walk fest :laughs:

chris L
03-04-2005, 11:27 AM
nevermind

Iwannakeeper
03-04-2005, 12:57 PM
Guess I decided to leave a little too early. I had a great time at the TFCTFN and the after party. But I missed the cops and the stars.:smash:

-IWK