View Full Version : tested some stuff today

Diggin Jiggin
02-27-2005, 05:57 PM
I ran out of a swivels and a few other things so I headed down to M&D's to stock up, and since I had a couple of plugs I needed to test swim I threw the plugs and my 7 footer in the car.

So after the trip to M&D's I decided I'd test swim the lures in the river behind the parking lot at M&D's. So I walked thru the snow drifts & crossed over the tracks and I'm swimming the lures, and really liking the way they swim, when I thought I saw a boil behind the lure them Wham, a fish hit. I missed it, but I was so not expecting it I never even attempted to set the hook. I was really pretty shocked.

I've never fished for holdovers before, and I was casting a 10" swimmer that was painted flourescent orange so I could see it good... For the next 5 minutes I 'test casted' just a little bit more, and I forgot that it was 30 degrees with a 20 mph NW wind and I was standing in the snow...

That fish put a grin on my face for the rest of the day....

Backbeach Jake
02-27-2005, 06:42 PM
:happy: :claps:

MAC
02-27-2005, 06:51 PM
Gee Dave, ya missed your first fish of the year:rolleyes: Took you by surprise didn't it.:)

BigFish
02-27-2005, 06:53 PM
:wall: Stop teasing us DJ!:D Man, that must have been sweet!:happy:

tynan19
02-27-2005, 07:17 PM
Spot Burner :eek:

redneck24
02-27-2005, 07:26 PM
damn! i live on that river, test swim stuff almost every weekend, and i haven't got crap!:mad:

tattoobob
02-27-2005, 07:35 PM
Sweet :happy:

Nebe
02-27-2005, 07:47 PM
I gave Pete Lajoie one of my dannies a month ago and while swimming it up near holyoke, an enoumous northern pike blew up on it.. I wasnt there, but thats what he tells me :huh:

Jigman
02-27-2005, 08:34 PM
Sounds to me like you've got a good plug :uhuh: Now go make some more of those :D

Jigman

Nebe
02-27-2005, 08:50 PM
yup :D

Canalman
02-27-2005, 09:31 PM
Sounds like Mike is going to be doing some of his best business of the year in the next few days :D.

missing link
02-27-2005, 09:37 PM
i have been testing every sat there with some guys at mikes.. we never got anything but a cold!

Jr Link

Peter Lajoie
02-28-2005, 09:51 PM
Well here it is, I had a couple of pissa plugs that I got from Eben in a little deal and they looked so sweet I had to test them out again, I swam some of his needles and they looked sick in the water all I could imagine was a moby cow following the plugs and then taking it, then it was time to give the danny plug a swim in the hard current of the connecticut river which runs about twice as fast as the gaillee channel at some times and this day it was certainly roaring. Eben's dannies are like none other I have seen they are fatter in the middle than most other plugs and that gives it much more a slap in the back which is a good thing in my opinion anyways, Im pumping this plug along and all it is doing is a perfect snaking swimming motion almost like a eel for crissakes, then on probaly the 3rd or 4th cast I see a big boil on the end of the plug no biggie right, then as the plug is about 20 yards from me and nearing shallower water I see a huge pike come right up after it and swipe at the plug, I dont think I could ever pull a plug away from a fish that quick in my life, and if you wondering why I pulled the plug away, well I guess you would have to see just how nice this plug looks, plus I only had 8 pound test line on my reel which im sure the pike would eat right through.....anyways eben plugs rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nebe
03-01-2005, 09:11 AM
Wish i could have seen that:(

NIB
03-01-2005, 09:29 AM
Good stuff.!!