View Full Version : ABU 7000 help

RIJIMMY
03-06-2005, 10:03 AM
I picked up some smoothies from Mike at M&Ds and thought it would be simple to put them in, even though I'm mechanically challenged. I took off the nut on the reel handle and that was as far as I could get,. there is a washer or something that wont let me take the handle off, I cannot figure it out. the handle is loose, but it wont come off. I tried to get a closeup of the washer holdingi it on, but my camera would not focus. Any help on this?

fishaholic18
03-06-2005, 10:08 AM
Pop off the small "E" clip that is on the shaft.
Use a small screwdriver or a pick..Don't loose it..

Christian
03-06-2005, 10:09 AM
i believe i know what your talking about.

the little washer shaped like a horse shoe?

it snaps on and off. so just slide it off, it might take some force. dont let it fly around the kitchen either, like my dad did yesterday.

RIJIMMY
03-06-2005, 10:17 AM
Yup, shaped like a horeshoe. So I should pop it? Ok, I'll give it a shot.
Sometime I dont know what I'd do without this site, thanks for your help!!!!!!!!!

Nebe
03-06-2005, 10:20 AM
Jim, put th reel in a plastic bag, then pop off the clip. that way if it goes flying, it will be contained in the bag.

Mike P
03-06-2005, 11:40 AM
If you're right handed---hold the left prong of the "horseshoe" in place with your left thumbnail, and gently push the right one with the blade of a small flat screwdriver. The C-clip should loosen but not go flying across the room ;)

Saltheart
03-06-2005, 02:33 PM
Be careful when you put the nut back on the handle. its very easy to cross thread it.

RIJIMMY
03-07-2005, 10:38 AM
Well I changed them, now the reel spins forward AND backwinds! Must have done something wrong....:smash:

Fishpart
03-07-2005, 11:36 AM
OOOPS....Check the Anti-Reverse Pawl. They are sometimes tricky to get back into place.

mikecc
03-07-2005, 11:52 AM
If you bring it to the shop this weekend I do it for Ya.

Mike P
03-07-2005, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Fishpart
OOOPS....Check the Anti-Reverse Pawl. They are sometimes tricky to get back into place.

They've been known to fall off the little peg while you're fussing to get everything back together. Easy fix.

RIJIMMY
03-07-2005, 04:29 PM
Thanks Mike, I'll keep trying, if I cant get it, I'll be paying you a vist!
I'll see if I can locate teh anti reverse pawl.....

Mike P
03-07-2005, 08:35 PM
It's basically a brass friction collar with a small aluminum ring on the end. The ring sits on a small peg and the "ears" on the collar fit over ratchet under the main gear. There's no spring to keep it in place. Before you re-attach the side plate, you check to make sure the collar it engaged on the ratchet, and the plate holds it in place once you screw it back on.