View Full Version : lock your keys in your car? no worrys

thefishingfreak
03-07-2005, 05:56 PM
this is pretty cool. someone sent it to me.
mike.

.You may find this interesting and useful in the future...

One of our customers called in and told us of something he tried when he locked his keys in his car several miles away from home: Using his cell phone and standing next to the car, he called his wife at home and had her hold the spare Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter up to the phone. She pressed the unlock button and, miles away, his car door unlocked. Amazed, we experimented several times here, at the dealership, and it worked every time.

It makes sense, actually. The RKE transmits a code using radio frequency that the car receives, acknowledges and triggers the door actuators. Cell phones transmit using radio frequency. As long as you have a spare transmitter and someone who can hold it up to a phone, you should be able to unlock your vehicle anywhere in the world. Hope this helps you out of a tough spot in the future.

fishaholic18
03-07-2005, 05:58 PM
:laughs: :laughs:
It don't work.
Try it, you'll see.

FishermanTim
03-07-2005, 06:40 PM
Let's see, you have to PURPOSELY lock your keys in your car to try this.
To go one step farther, if you send a picture of your spare key and hold your video phone up to the lock, will that work as well?
:laughs: :laughs: :laughs: :laughs:

tynan19
03-07-2005, 10:41 PM
Did anyone try it?:confused:

fishaholic18
03-07-2005, 11:13 PM
My paremts believed it would work so I had them try it.
It don't work....
Ya don't have to lock your keys in the car...Just lock the doors:laughs:

Redsoxticket
03-08-2005, 12:27 AM
The microphone and speaker frequency is in the voice spectrum which goes upto 3 kHz. The frequecy of the keyless is higher frequency rangei.e. radio frequency.

I don't see how it can work. There must be something else that we don't know. April fool, no thats not it because its still TFCTGF

likwid
03-08-2005, 08:48 AM
The interweb is an amazing place.

http://www.snopes.com/autos/techno/keyless.asp

Claim: Cars equipped with remote keyless entry systems can be unlocked via cell phone.

5/0
03-08-2005, 10:10 AM
what if you put your phone on "speaker",also is there a "G-spot" on the car to hold the phone to?