View Full Version : Neoprene Seat Covers For Sand Sled...

fishweewee
03-13-2005, 06:07 AM
I just stumbled across neoprene seat covers ... Cabelas sells a set that look interesting.

Certainly would beat anything else in the water proof seat cover category ... a little pricey though.

Doesn't neoprene rubber crack after exposure to sunlight?

MAC
03-13-2005, 06:51 AM
I've looked at those atleast a dozen times in the last few years. Like you said though kind of spendy. They must have some kind of guarantee for that kind of money. A cunning guy would call Nebraska and use his linguistical skills to find out.:)

saajr
03-13-2005, 07:02 AM
I have used cabelas seat covers in my truck for 3 years now with no problems at all but not the neoprene. I use item #FF 52-0622 camo covers and they work just find at $49.99 .

Raven
03-13-2005, 07:20 AM
:btu: ya made me laugh! a cunning guy

Raven
03-13-2005, 07:26 AM
I'm thinkin i need some new waders that don't leak all over the family jewels so i'm going to cut (my old ones) into a new "free " seat cover for the fishing sled. Even a pair of cheapo's from building 19 could work for that....as i dont think i want to sit on em later with regular clothes....ewwww:blush:

theSURF121
03-13-2005, 08:36 AM
Every now and then , they show up at Costco/Price Club. Spent 39.00 for them a few yrs back.

PurpelNoon
03-13-2005, 08:59 AM
Last year I put neoprene seat covers on my girlfriend's car because her seats were decomposing. :eek:
I'm not sure what the brand was(not Cabela's) but they are holding up pretty well. The sun has caused them to fade lots but function is fine. In the summer they do make your legs sweat like crazy.

Pete_G
03-13-2005, 10:26 AM
If you're going to go neoprene you should check out Wet Okole (http://www.wetokole.com/). I think Cabelas distributes them as well.

They aren't the cheapest, but they're the best. Best fitting, best looking, etc. People think I have factory leather seats in my truck. They don't shift on the seats AT ALL because they are built custom for each vehicle. They're real comfy on long trips too.

Whatever neoprene you get, especially if it's a dark color, make sure you get some sort of UV protection spray for it.

I've kept mine treated and they look and feel like new after a year and a 1/2. They are light gray so that probably helps.

They'll send out sample color swatches too if you're concerned about appearance.

Vectorfisher
03-13-2005, 03:07 PM
I 2nd the Okoles I too have them going on 5 years old the lettering is peeling a bit but colors still look good. They are pricey but well worth it, YOU have too be careful you dont jump in with things in your pockets as they will puncture easy and they can be a little warm at times.

tlapinski
03-14-2005, 07:55 AM
Ben, I was thinking the same thing. Those Okoles look nice. Tons of options on those. I think I just found a new toy for the ride. :btu:

fishweewee
03-14-2005, 08:32 AM
Me too Toby. With these seat covers, I won't be afraid to drive BM around on my cloth seats. :spin: :usd: