View Full Version : Who Is Getting Revved Up For The MSBA Sportfishing Expo?

BigFish
03-13-2005, 09:08 AM
With the MSBA show less than a week away and many about full of winter by now, how many are getting primed for the show next weekend? Planning on coming just 1 day or both? Are you looking for anything in particular that you have been wanting for the upcoming season or are you going to be seeing one of the great seminars planned for the weekend?:D Even though I will be working my butt off all weekend, I hope to meet many of you while you are there, maybe buy a few things I might be looking for, but I really love to see all go well and that everyone enjoys the show!:happy:

Van
03-13-2005, 09:10 AM
VRROOOOOOOMMMM

VRROOOOOOOMMMM

:gf: :gf:

Raider Ronnie
03-13-2005, 09:11 AM
:hidin:
Long range forecast calling for another snow/rain storm for fri/sat:eek:

BigFish
03-13-2005, 09:12 AM
There is my number 1 guy right there....you seem all revved up Van!:laughs:

BigFish
03-13-2005, 09:13 AM
I placed my order for cloudy skies with no snow for next week....I hope Mother Nature co-operates but we will be there rain, snow, or shine. Can't think of much better to do on a snowy, rainy weekend than see a great fishing show....provided you can get there!:ss:

BigBo
03-13-2005, 09:16 AM
HELL YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm ready for it. I need it bad.

Mike P
03-13-2005, 09:56 AM
I think the wife is more amped about it than I am :D

Last year, she walked away with a custom Batson 1088 ;)

BigFish
03-13-2005, 09:57 AM
Mike P...are you going to be there? I sure would like to say hello.:D

Karl F
03-13-2005, 10:02 AM
Weather or not, be there Saturday.

After 23, or is it 24 :huh: snow events, whats one more, getting used to it, I must say, I'll go even if it's a foot or better, no worries.

Flap don't blab till late afternoon:huh:.... hmm, hate to get there later, than sooner, might be a loooong day.

Mike P
03-13-2005, 10:04 AM
We'll be there Larry. Not sure which day yet. We'll be leaving here Friday night, and I guess it depends on what time we get to my mom's place in Rhody and how early we get up on Sat. ;)

Moses
03-13-2005, 10:10 AM
Plan on spending a day there with at least one friend and my brother, looking at sunday right now but I'm free both days. Really depends on other's schedules.

I don't need anything but I'm sure I'll leave with some tackle. Especially looking forward to the seminars!

I'm sure we'll run into a bunch of guys from here just like year's past.

Larry - you guys do a good job every year. With the new space and addition of the plug demo, I feel this will be the best yet. Keep up the good work.:btu:

BigFish
03-13-2005, 10:12 AM
Moses, thanks.:D We really do try to make it a worthwhile experience for all and try to make it better each year. Look forward to seeing you there.;)

28inches
03-13-2005, 10:16 AM
Sounds like a great show. I'd love to go up there and meet you guys, but I think I'll save that trip for some fishing in June.:kewl:

BigFish
03-13-2005, 10:19 AM
Stump Merrill is signing autographs at the refreshment stand too!:( Make sure you get in touch with me for your June trip...love to "hook-up" with you.....maybe change your name to 52inches!:laughs:

28inches
03-13-2005, 10:25 AM
:heybaby: A 52 pounder would be even better. BTW- I think I should try one of your plugs down here to see if they're good in our local waters. I'll bring it back to you in June.:D

spinncognito
03-13-2005, 10:29 AM
Absolutely revved to go. Have been for the last three years and it keeps getting better. :happy:

Bummed that I cannot go til Sunday. Big Italian ST. Joseph's Day feast on the 19th. :drool:

But I will be there for a good part of the day on Sunday (which just happens to be my B-day!). Looking forward to meeting at least some of you guys. But how to know who you all are though? :confused:

spinn

StripinLine
03-13-2005, 10:29 AM
If I am home, I will be going. But work is what it is, and as I am home this weekend, I will probably be in Ga. next weekend. A^%#damn+it*&. :smash: I seem to always be in the wrong place..

/ al

BigFish
03-13-2005, 10:36 AM
Spinn....look for tall guy in red shirt with MSBA Officer on the back! That be me....say hello!:D

Slipknot
03-13-2005, 10:44 AM
I'll be there, but only on Staurday.

Codfather4
03-13-2005, 10:55 AM
I've been ready for this day since December:D

Slingah
03-13-2005, 11:15 AM
im going....not sure when, but wouldnt miss it

chris L
03-13-2005, 11:23 AM
I should be there on saturday with both my girls . time for raffles !

vrooom vrooom

tynan19
03-13-2005, 11:32 AM
Starfish and I will be there also. Probably Saturday. Perfect place I can go to the seminars she can go to the mall. I will See everyone there.

Starfish
03-13-2005, 11:38 AM
I am very excited! I can't wait...maybe I'll ask Tynan19 if we can go both days! ;)

Squid kids Dad
03-13-2005, 11:56 AM
I'll be there also..Cant wait...BF..Me & swimmer will be there Friday nite to help setup & satyrday to help out also..See ya then..Cant wait to see Stump..:laughs:

Saltheart
03-13-2005, 12:11 PM
I'm psyched! Best show and a good oppurtunity to see many friends in one place. I can't wait. :)

macojoe
03-13-2005, 01:05 PM
I gave up on all the big shows now!! This is the only show i go to any more.
So I am meeting up with Bigbo and we will be there Sat. Morning at some point!!
Can't Wait!! Snow or no snow!!:happy: :happy: :happy:

nightfighter
03-13-2005, 02:04 PM
I will be there Saturday. Hope to get there early to fill shopping list, ie. Habs plugs, rubbah, Aquaskinz top maybe....if I am good this week;) And say hello to you all of course.

To all new comers, be sure to support Van's raffle. It's a good cause, our young fishermen and girls. He can expand on this better than me.... And don't forget to put our S-B sponsors on your A-list when you open your wallets!

Who from the Cutty crew besides Slip and JohnR will be there Saturday?

pete santini
03-13-2005, 02:35 PM
Drop by and say hello to sammy the swimming seaworm . live performance all day

Backbeach Jake
03-13-2005, 03:55 PM
:happy: Saturday:happy:

castn4bass
03-13-2005, 04:34 PM
I'll be using my first (cough cough) sick day on saturday! Hope I feel good enough to attend;)

BigFish
03-13-2005, 04:35 PM
Hope you feel better Saturday night C4B.....(after the show)!:laughs:

lurch
03-13-2005, 05:43 PM
Ill be there as soon as the doors open!

Been saving my pennies for some new equipment.

The snow could be 3ft but I am going!

tynan19
03-13-2005, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by lurch

The snow could be 3ft but I am going!

It is.

Van
03-13-2005, 07:22 PM
Stop by the JUNIORS GRAND RAFFLE table and say HELLO, I will be working it most of the time, wearing this years newest spring fashion statement,,,,,,,,,,,the MSBA red t-shirt........;)

Bring a few bucks and support our junior members...:D :D

keeperreaper
03-13-2005, 08:38 PM
I'll be there Saturday.

Raider Ronnie
03-13-2005, 08:43 PM
I'll be there Friday to bring stuff in!
Sat. with Raider Leo
and most likely Sunday to bring stuff out!

as long as it dosen't snow!!!:laughs:

reelecstasy
03-14-2005, 08:21 AM
I'll be there, wooooooooooooo...and I may not be 7' tall but I will be in my red MSBA expo-official shirt...If ya see me please stop me and say hi. I can't wait to see everyone. I am not looking for anything in particular but I am sure I will be leaving with some stuffs...Make it a point this weekend to get there, you wi;ll not be dissappointed :kewl: While you are there, join up with the MSBA if you aren't already a member. The best couple bucks you will ever spend :)

Hope to see you all there, can't wait ;)

ReelE

fishermom
03-14-2005, 08:31 AM
Sounds like the Expo will have a huge turnout :) I will be there Friday for setup then Saturday and Sunday I will be collecting your $$$ at the door !! Be sure to say hi and introduce yourself :heybaby:

Bronko
03-14-2005, 08:44 AM
Can't wait for the show. Been looking forwad to it for the last month. Can't ait to spend some $$$ on tackle. :hihi:

Flaptail
03-14-2005, 09:36 AM
Larry, what kind of technology do you have available for the presentations? Slide projector, power point projector or should I just do the old presentation boards with pics and bring some rods and such? I can do this just about any of those ways. Need to know soon. I have an older presentation on slides but I have an updated version as well. Looking forward to a couple fun days.

Bassman18
03-14-2005, 03:44 PM
I'm hoping to go to the expo this weekend, but, being the poor college kid that I am, I have no ride. Is anybody in the boston area willing to give me a ride, I can meet anyone anywhere the T goes. I'd also be willing to chip in for gas money if you'd like. PM me if you're interested, thanks in advance.

Dave

fishsmith
03-14-2005, 03:48 PM
I'll be there, probably have the boys in tow again.

Bassman, take the commuter rail to Kingston, it's not even a 10 minute walk from there.

The Dad Fisherman
03-14-2005, 04:28 PM
I'll be there when the doors open Saturday with my Son in tow. Been looking forward to this for awhile. He's even doing some extra chores to earn a little green for the show.

Spinni bummer you can't make it saturday.

Can't wait to see the Plug Demos. and to meet some of the other members. If you see me say hi, Big guy w/ a beard (yeah That narrows it down) I'll be wearing my "The Dad Fisherman" hat though so say Hi

BigFish
03-14-2005, 05:51 PM
Flap...we have a video projector and screen......if you have a slide presentation, feel free to bring it but you will have to supply the projector. See you this weekend. :happy:

Got Stripers
03-14-2005, 09:22 PM
I'm ready for the show, many 1/2 price specials this year, plus two buckets of discount big rubber. Basic black beauty in one bucket, 7-9-13 inch and in the other primarily versions of pearl and yellow, with most of the bucket pearl bellies over pearl yellow tops.

Surfpirate
03-14-2005, 11:13 PM
I will be with Kadir at the Aquaskins booth, be sure to stop by and say howdy and play with all the new stuff!

:bgi: