View Full Version : Flame green Fireline

Goose
03-15-2005, 04:52 PM
What do you think about the flame green (http://www.berkley-fishing.com/products/Detail.cfm?PassProductInfoId=855&PassPrevious=983&PassLevel=2) verses the black? Black is always visable but supposedly the green is less visable under water. feedback anyone??

Mike P
03-15-2005, 08:12 PM
The black turns light grey before half a season, so I don't think it makes much of a difference ;)

I just run 3' of 40# mono leader on both colors of Fireline.

5/0
03-16-2005, 09:42 AM
When do you normaly fish,I think that'll play a factor in your choice.If you fish @ night I don't think they'll be much of a difference between the two there are both opaqe fishing lines & either one will cast a silhouette against a Moon lit sky.In the sunlight,water clearity should play a role also after 12' of depth color lose's a percentage of luster.
I think it's all personal prefrence anyway IMHO.

5/0

Goose
03-16-2005, 10:38 AM
Even if this line gives a slight edge in visablity I'm surprised more aren't fishin it. I wonder if anglers compare this line to Berklys lime green mono an offshore line and make quick dicision. Gonna try it this year. Thanks

5/0
03-16-2005, 10:59 AM
I liked the look of it so I bought a spool back in 02 @ the Centrum show I put it on my smaller spining outfit, I used it every so often in South Boston B 4 work I caught a couple of fish on it can't remember if there was any size to-em.

If you do get it post your result's so we can all jump on the Wagon:bl: