View Full Version : who's your boat mechanic?

bassthumb
03-16-2005, 11:08 PM
i'm looking for a mechanic for my 4 stroke envrinrude. any recs in the west bay area of ri, will travel if the mechanic is honest and stand by his or her work and of course money is no object if his or her work is honored... still looking for a honest person.

Clammer
03-17-2005, 01:36 AM
:doh: they still make evenrudes ///??? //trade it in /& get a motor at one of the good dealers in RI

Vectorfisher
03-17-2005, 08:46 PM
:doh: they still make evenrudes ///??? //trade it in /& get a motor at one of the good dealers in RI

It's a Suzuki painted white maybe you have a Suzukie dealer near you!

Megabyte
03-17-2005, 08:49 PM
Clammer,

It is not an evenrude, it is an evenruns ?

:jump1: :jump1:

mikecc
03-17-2005, 09:30 PM
will travel if the mechanic is honest and stand by his or her work and of course money is no object if his or her work is honored

Kinda tough when Evenrude will not stand behind the parts.

Bill L
03-18-2005, 06:12 AM
will travel if the mechanic is honest and stand by his or her work

Bass Thumb, check out Joe Mollica at Snug Harbor Marine Service Center :kewl:

GBOUTDOORS
03-18-2005, 08:13 AM
I know it would be a long ride but check out Don's Marine in Tiverton. He has Yamaha and Evinrude and is by far the best dealer I have ever done buissnes with. He will get the work done fast and stand behind it. All the workers there have always treated me as if I was customer number 1 and have been told this by everyone that I send there.

MakoMike
03-18-2005, 10:42 AM
I don't own an outboard of any flavor, but the guys I know that do like the service at Stone Cove at the top of the freat salt pond. Their Mechanic, Brian, is supposed to be pretty good. I don't know if they are authorized ny anyone.

bassthumb
03-21-2005, 09:50 PM
thanks for your input guys.

beamie
03-23-2005, 08:01 AM
Me.......and since I keep my boat running pretty good, my freinds sucker me into keeping theirs running too :devil: but that's why I love 'em, they're my buds....and they bring the rum for later.

Mr. Sandman
03-23-2005, 11:58 AM
i'm looking for a mechanic for my 4 stroke envrinrude. .
Evinrude has not made a 4 stroke, they only make 2 strokes. If you have a 4 stroke Johnson, (a "white suzuki") it is probably still under warrenty and I would go to the nearest authorized dealer.

bassthumb
03-23-2005, 12:56 PM
the guy was an authorized dealer and he did alot of damage to my lower unit.he then refuse to take responsibility. evinrude does make a four stroke, but it's really a suzuki motor with evinrude name. i think johnson is now part of evinrude. i purchased the motor from a second party and warranty was void. the dealer i was referring to is wood boat off 117 in warwick. if u ever deal with mr. russ watch your back and wallet.

ScottM
03-23-2005, 05:23 PM
evinrude does make a four stroke, but it's really a suzuki motor with evinrude name. i think johnson is now part of evinrude.

Evinrude and Johnson are both owned by Bombardier Recreational Products. Evinrude does not have a 4-stroke, they have the E-Tec 2-stroke; Johnson has the 4-stroke (a rebadged Suzuki as Mr. Sandman pointed out).

bassthumb
03-23-2005, 07:14 PM
it's funny how people will tell u your wrong???yeah, it's just like bmw doesn't make a z3 and only nissan makes them ok and i'm driving a z3 well z4 because bmw doesn't make a z3 anymore. thanks for your imput on what i own, could you guys tell me when the housing bubble is going to break and start buying properties.

Vectorfisher
03-23-2005, 09:13 PM
Bassthumb I thought that Suzuki warranties were transferable

bassthumb
03-24-2005, 11:18 AM
maybe the warranties does transfer but it has been over 6 years now. i didn't get the paper work when i purchased the boat in 04. i'm pretty sure that suzuki or bmr offered a four year and purchase an extension. anyway the point was even if i had the warranty the dumbass would done the same and said the same it wasn't his fault.

zacs
03-24-2005, 12:32 PM
OMC did have a 4 stroke under the Evinrude brand, and if it is 6+ years old it may not be a Suzi-built, may be an OMC creation. What HP?

As stated BRP now has the 2 stroke E-tec rudes, and the 4 stroke johnsons(suzi).

I use a guy in appanog called mobile marine. 529-9285. his name is jim.

He is not fancy, but he is a good guy. tell him i sent ya.

-Zac