View Full Version : Got Swells?

JohnR
11-19-2001, 08:11 AM
Allrighty then - "as the tiny ship was tossed" on Saturday, it looks like we should try to reschedule. I was talking to the mate before he started that Titanic on the bowsprit dance and he said they've been hammering the fish out there. Better than it's been in years.

I realize it might be tough because we are approaching X-MAS, but any suggestions out there on when we can reschedule?? Maybe the day after the plug party - Dec 9?

Again thanks to Tony & Mike for all their work to get the weekends pleasure cruise out of Plymouth together ;)

redcrbbr
11-19-2001, 08:34 AM
SUNDAY DEC. 9, I CAN DO THAT:D

Got Stripers
11-19-2001, 09:10 AM
I'm not saying I can't do it, but an entire weekend of fishing related stuff in December is almost certainly going to cost me. I'm not sure I'm willing to dig into the cookie jar in December, just goes against everything I know :(.

JohnR
11-19-2001, 10:47 AM
I'll need to check with my wife too but I want to hear from you guys and gals to see if another trip will be doable this year...

Canalratt1
11-19-2001, 11:22 AM
John we were we got turned around! I got on te next day and Andy was haveing trouble with the moter. It was clogged where in the cooliant system and would overheat. It took a couple of hours to fix but we would have ben stuck out on the high seas without power! The fishing was slow alot of guys got a few or zipo. I probably had the most fish (6, 3 cod, 3 haddock) but they were small. I did have alot of throwbacks. y buddys had only two each all haddock and the pool winnes wereonly about 15 lbs. I will not be able to get out for a while. I used all my "Get out of jail free" cards till the new year.

JohnR
11-20-2001, 08:32 AM
So - is anyone interested? Or do we do a wrap until after the holidays?

redcrbbr
11-20-2001, 09:39 AM
maybe after the holidays would be better. wouldn't want to deprive my daughter of some stupid electronic game that would spend the rest of it's life in a corner after playing with it for 3 hours.:D

Fisherwoman
11-20-2001, 11:17 AM
I definatley want to try and do it again JohnR, but I will be hunting for the next several weeks, so after the holidays may be better.

TheBetterHalf
11-20-2001, 11:53 AM
If my vote counts for anything I say after the holidays - I wouldn't mind having my other half around for a couple of weekends in a row!!! Liam (you know, your son) might like it too.......

You'd think I was raised Catholic with a guilt trip like that!!!
:) :) :)

Clammer
11-20-2001, 01:04 PM
Hey better half, based on your post { raised Catholic} you have enou
gh to deal with {only Kidding }been there myself///////////

Irish Catholic -( 9 years with the Sisters of {NO} Mercy, and Jenn Wonders about my mental health //////////
everyone ENJOY thanksgiving ////////////////

Jenn
11-20-2001, 04:40 PM
Jenn Wonders about my mental health

WONDER???? hmm......:p ;) ;) luv ya....;)

I am game for whenever.....but after the holidays would probably make more sense for the majority.....

Swimmer
11-20-2001, 08:28 PM
To the hardy souls who at least tried to fish the other day and made it out as far as the Gurnet I should like to add that a co-worker of mine who regularly patronizes the Captain John boats was on the dock with many other people the other morning, in Plymouth, waiting for the captain of the Captain John boat to show up so they could go fishing. My buddy, in the locker room this morning, was telling me how he was watching all these people leave the inner harbor only to have their captain show up and tell everyone who was waiting to go out fishing, "I hope you don't think I'm taking you out there this morning the waves are huge outside." My co-worker, Dean, told me the he thought one of the people he saw getting on the other boat looked quite a bit like my brother Mike (otherwise known a Dad of Squid Kid) and it was then I realized that Dean, my co-worker, was watching all of the Striped-Bass.com bravehearts leave the inner harbor to go cod fishing. I am sorry your trip didn't go as planned, but I'm glad everyone is safe. I have one question though. How many of you got on that boat in that weather and bothered to locate the PFD's before the boat left the dock?????????????

No honor is found in battle where no blood is spilled. Tell that to the fish the next time it swallows the hook.

:rolleyes:

redcrbbr
11-20-2001, 09:36 PM
they were under the seats, along with two or more rafts strapped near the wheelhouse

Fishpart
11-21-2001, 07:40 AM
Red, I'm with you. The first thing I usually look for when I get on a ferry or such is the safety equipment and I'll even strategically locate a seat nearby, especially when the kids are with me.

JohnR
11-21-2001, 08:24 AM
Never saw them and I did not make myself look for them either. Sad thing is, I'm usually very safety concious on vessels/vehicles and figure out where the safety gear is - that time I did not... And I'm a little irritated with myself now for not having thought about it at the time...

Jenn
11-21-2001, 09:27 AM
yep...and I even mentioned this to FW AFTER the fact...(that we didnt know where they were) :(

well thats OK...women float better right??!! (hey...at least fat is good for SOMETHING!! HA!HA!)

I guess I took for granted that they would make it a point to tell us........guess I learned my lesson!

schoolie monster
11-21-2001, 11:15 AM
I did take note of the pfd's and the rafts... since my daughter was born, I tend to think of these things alot more since what I do greatly affects her... swimmer, are you a preacher or something? Alot of the posts I remember (admittedly, I don't read every thread) seem to be preaching at us about something or other.

I remember being fairly tweaked when you made some broad comments about catch & release one time... myself being someone who releases 99% of what I catch and who switched to circle hooks hoping to reduce gut hooks.

I agree with your message, but whether you realize it or not, your delivery comes off as very condescending. Especially since you rarely post.

Just my $.02... please take it for just that.

Slipknot
11-21-2001, 01:56 PM
Ya, I saw them. I thought about it weeks before the trip. I wear my seatbelt in a car also, do you?
Actually I was wearing neoprene. But a few minutes in Cape Cod Bay waters this time of year is about all the time you would have. But it's better to have a lifevest on than not. Good point Swimmer.
SM, You're not alone.

redcrbbr
11-21-2001, 06:06 PM
john..i would have told you where they were if we needed them, only problem is you would have had to carry all those gold sinkers with you too:D