View Full Version : Guys - awesome time this weekend

JohnR
03-20-2005, 07:39 PM
As usual, awesome time :btu: bUT NOW i AM GOING TO BED (son hit caps lock) :sleeps:

capesams
03-20-2005, 08:00 PM
John r...TXS. again fa lunch taday..missed it altogether yesterday.

I also want to thank the crew of msba for helping LUG in all my junk and back out again,,couldn't have done without your help.

It was a grand show for shore,,even I had a great time being the old grump that I am :hee:

Saw some old friend's and many from this site that I havn't met face to face before.

And I want to Thank those who gave us wire,gromet's,,plug hardware for the demo.

I just hope we don't get fired for leaving all that sawdust an shaving on the carpet for the maid to clean up :hidin:

TXS. MAC & SLIP & LARRY ..it was good to work with you.

PNG
03-20-2005, 08:19 PM
You two guy did a G R E A T job with the plug turning demo this weekend now go rest them dogs :kewl:

Who made the up armored plexi wall? Well done!

mikecc
03-20-2005, 08:25 PM
CS
I knew it was a great show the guys did an awsom job & the feed back was great., but I can't believe my eyes.

a smiley in a capesams post. :hee:

Now I know I've seen it all.

MAC
03-20-2005, 08:36 PM
I had a good time as well and want to thank everyone involved. Was kind of fun working with grumpy and picking his brain a little :D Oh and Larry, sorry for the mess. :)

BEETLE
03-20-2005, 08:49 PM
Larry vacuumed before we left. :bl: Nice to see/meet more people from the site, sorry I missed some others, but I was busy today taking care of Charity Tournament business.

Looks to be another good collection of goodies coming in for this years Tournament :btu:

(by the way, mark your calenders - this years MSBA Charity Tounament will be June 24th, starting at 5am - ending Sunday the 26th at 2pm)
This year we will benefit Big Brothers of Mass. Bay... :kewl:

RoyL
03-20-2005, 09:02 PM
Guys I just can’t say enough to thank all those who made me feel welcomed. I had a great time at the show just meeting most of you and talking or having you bust my cojones (no names Chris L). I really look forward to fishing with some off you this year and trading stories, But just remember I don’t bait my own hooks!

blue oyster
03-20-2005, 09:18 PM
great show , spent way to much money but still no habs needle fish :crying: the on the hook semanar about fishing boston harbor and the islands was fantastic , worth the price of admission . my hats off to patrick , larry ,bob, and the rest of the crew for a job well done :btu:

Flaptail
03-20-2005, 09:19 PM
:bl: I wanted to say thank you to Larry "Bigfish" Wentworth, "Basic" Patrick, Van and all the rest of the MSBA gang for having me. It was just an awesome weekend. Hope you got a little something from my talk. Too many names to mention but you know who you all are that I thouroughly enjoyed meeting and yakking with. It's nice to be able to sit down with folks of your "own" kind now and then, fishing folk that is. I got to go fishing with Cpt. Roger Jarvis this year. Talk of "too many haddock" makes me :drool: that guy is awesome and still doing it at 72. Speaking of still doing it how about Stan Kuzia, one of the last living legends of the old time bassmen, still fishing at 82 and making plugs again to boot. I hope you had time to talk with him and I think my best memory of the whole weekend was introducing RoyL to Stan. Seeing the old guard and the new exchanging ideas was awesome. Well, now I got to get serious and clean up a lot of tackle to get ready. A month from tomorrow I will be catching Striped Bass and a month goes by really fast. Good luck and tightlines to you all and thanks again for making me part of this past weekend.

Tagger
03-20-2005, 09:28 PM
Had a good time .. Great job Mac and CS representing.. Great talking and listening plugs with some heavy builders there..I liked last year .. this year up stairs was even better ,.MSBA crew did a great job.. Larry was everywhere..

Van
03-20-2005, 09:35 PM
John.

Thanks for the help with that computer/projector incompatability thing.
You da man !!!!!!!!!!!!! :bl: :bl: :D :D

Uncle Matt
03-20-2005, 09:38 PM
Blue Oyster check your pm's.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fantastic show this year everyone. The new room was awesome and it was nice to see some familiar faces and meet some new people. Thank you to MSBA and all the volunteers who made it all happen.

thefishingfreak
03-20-2005, 09:40 PM
great time.
even the kids had fun. lots to keep them busy. from the live seaworms to the awesome plug demo.
cheap day too.

BigFish
03-20-2005, 10:12 PM
all of you guys. Capesams, MAC and Slip.....a million thanks for your help, without you the weekend would not have been nearly as grand as it turned out to be. #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& and MikeCC, thankyou both for your contributions, you guys are class acts all the way around. JohnR.... :bl: thanks for the "Fastest To 6000 Posts Award" what a scream that is....I noticed the picture of one of my plugs on it when I got home. Thanks...too funny. I cleaned up the demo mess no prob and it was I who made the armored plexi wall PNG. Thanks for the comp. I have some pics but I will post tomorrow....my puppies are fareakin killin' me! Bed now.

tynan19
03-20-2005, 10:18 PM
Where to start. Thanks to all the MSBA crew for putting together a great show. The Hard work payed off. Glad I got to meet some familiar faces again and meet many more great people. Way to many to list. Thanks to Clammer for keep Star busy and let me do my thing. :wave: Thanks BF for the Howdy. :D

Flap great presentation I just wish I was around 20 years ago. Although I fish Monomoy regularly from a boat I can't wait to hop in the Surf and try those tactics you showed.

John it was a great idea having the booth. I could have stayed there all day. I think I did.

The Point Jude Bros. great talking to you 2 and any questions send me a PM.

MikeCC thanks again and thank Barbara(sp?) for keeping my wife happy.

Slipknot
03-21-2005, 08:04 AM
It was a blast on Sat. fun turning wood with Steve and Dave. I love that chisel CS. Nice job on that baricade Larry :btu:
JohnR, thanks again for that striper pin you gave Jenna. And thanks go out to Kadir for the hat and shirt he gave Jenna, she wore them both to school today :) And another thanks to Craig from Van Stall for the hat :)
Yes Flap, I was also impressed with Stan Kuzia still at it at 82 :btu: and I got to introduce NIB to him. Stan said he has some very old wood that John Gibbs gave him and he is wondering how he should seal it, I guess it's VERY dry birch I think. He forgot more about jigging and plugging the canal than I will ever know.

Good seeing all you knuckleheads Sat. and putting some new faces with some names.
I missed Gene's seminar, maybe he'll do it next year too.

Larry, you are a madman, great job organizing the whole thing.:btu:
Oh ya, and Larry, I hope Bruce Miller from Canal Bait didn't get in trouble for not having his nametag necklace Sunday;), he gave it to Jenna after the show :D

chris L
03-21-2005, 09:05 AM
wish I could have made it to the show

tynan19
03-21-2005, 09:16 AM
wish I could have made it to the show
:huh:

partsjay
03-21-2005, 09:22 AM
Great Job with the show!!! Got to meet a bunch of people, pick up more supplies....watch a little plug demo....great job!! :bl: