View Full Version : Meteor Shower

BCY
11-19-2001, 05:25 PM
Went out on the last night of my NE season to RI to do some fishing. Fished from Watchhill to Galilee. Didn't get any fish, but I met a couple of cool characters and watched the great show in the sky. All in all a very nice way to end a great season. Each season, everything just keeps getting better and better for me. Been fishing the Canal religiously and it's paid off in experience and big fish. I'm thinking next year will be the year that I will hit the unstoppable. It hasn't happened yet so I'm due for that experience. I think I will have to step up the tackle and get a real conventional that can handle a 50 lb plus striper in the canal on a new moon tide. I'm thinking an Abu Big Game 7000 or the Penn 975. Any comments, anyone on these choices? Well I'm off on my fishing vacation to Cape Hatteras. I've read all the reports and I'm rearing to go. Gotta get me one of those Red Drums. Gonna put the Breakaway to the test and see how it handles 8 and bait. I'ld welcome any suggestions if you guys are familiar with Cape Hatteras.

Saltheart
11-19-2001, 05:30 PM
I like the BG7000CL with 50 LB cortland spectron. Good luck down south.

JohnR
11-20-2001, 08:09 AM
I was aiming to watch those best in a hundred year showers but I just couldn't get myself out of bed ...

I had a 7000CL Big Game and I don't know where the heck it is but it's a real smooth reel. Far smoother than other 7000 size reels I've played with (about 2 :rolleyes: )...

Jaiem
11-20-2001, 08:54 AM
I didn't stay out all night but by 2am I had seen some incredible stuff!

Looked like many came in very low too. Some left streaks that remained visible for several seconds after they passed. Almost like jet contrails.

It certainly makes being out in the wet and cold at this time of year more bearable, especially when the fish aren't cooperating. :)

chris L
11-20-2001, 11:30 AM
I use a BG7000cl on the ditch . Very good reel for the current that flows there . good luck wit the drum ( someday I will )
Oh and the star show was excellant . I was out all night on charles island ( milford ct ) watching the show . then walking back in on the now exposed sandbar a jeep cherokee comes barrelling ass out to the island . What a maroon ! but it was a nice show of light . would have been really cool 25 years ago with lucy in the sky with diamonds . maybe its a good thing that im older and not much wiser ! the Police were waiting for the maroon when he left the sandbar . oooppps can we say big fine !

Canalratt1
11-20-2001, 11:41 AM
Get the 7000 I have had mine for about 6 years and just now need to service it. The worm gear for the level winde is worn. I use it all the time in the ditch. Saw some awesome meteors Sunday morning!