View Full Version : plug id help

vineyardblues
03-23-2005, 05:09 PM
I was told they are from the good old 70's and bought on the canal
on cape cod. Any idea's ? Solid white suff and the front one look's like you attached a eel skin over it ><>
Thanks
Vb

capesams
03-23-2005, 05:34 PM
kinda looks like someone copied a gibbs popper an a blue streak swimmer...but the line tie for the skin is in a bad spot..right in the middle of the gromet?

Christian
03-23-2005, 05:41 PM
maybe...so you could pass the string for the eel skin through the swivel?

capesams
03-23-2005, 07:22 PM
go directly to jail....you can not pass go or collect $200.00 dollars :hihi:

Flaptail
03-24-2005, 10:39 AM
Peter, Stan Kuzia, maker of the Ku-jigs and Ku-kig eelskin rigs made a few plugs that he sold along the canal in the 60 and 70's. Not very many but a few. This may be a couple. He was heavily influenced by Gibbs ( Stan K, Stan G, Arnold Laine and a few others fished together) he could get parts from Gibbs as well. The lip looks like an old style GTS lip and the hardware looks the same as well as is the placement of the screw eyes on the popper along with the countersink. Stan K loved eelskins. He was at the show Sunday. I was talking with him for an hour or so and he told me he is making plugs again and he was making me one that I could "cast across the canal with", Maybe Big Dave can but I assure you I would be happy with reaching the middle. Satn is 82 and still fishes almost everyday in season. He just mastered the spey rod and can cast 150 feet plus. I think that they might be of his making. Not positive though.