View Full Version : Finger Likkin Good

fishweewee
03-24-2005, 03:42 PM
:yak5: :yak4: :sick: :gorez: :yak6:

Officials: Diner finds finger in chili

SAN FRANCISCO, California (Reuters) -- A diner at a Wendy's fast food restaurant in San Jose, California, found a human finger in a bowl of chili prepared by the chain, local officials said Wednesday.

"This individual apparently did take a spoonful, did have a finger in their mouth and then, you know, spit it out and recognized it," said Ben Gale, director of the department of environmental health for Santa Clara County. "Then they had some kind of emotional reaction and vomited."

Local officials launched an investigation after the incident Tuesday night and the medical examiner determined Wednesday that the object was a human finger.

Officials are trying to determine whether the finger came in the raw materials Wendy's used to prepare the chili, Gale said.

Wendy's International Inc. corporate office did not immediately return a call for comment. Wendy's is the third-largest hamburger chain.

tynan19
03-24-2005, 03:48 PM
You post some sick %$%$%$%$. :yak6:

Motor Fish
03-24-2005, 03:50 PM
Should have at least finished the chili before alerting management about the problem.

[QUOTE=fishweewee "Then they had some kind of emotional reaction and vomited."[/QUOTE]

:err: :yak6:
What a wuss.

fishsmith
03-24-2005, 04:42 PM
I think it was "Daves" finger

BigBo
03-24-2005, 05:47 PM
I hope the person that lost the finger at least washed their hands upon exiting the washroom and before preparing the chili :sick:

Slingah
03-24-2005, 05:56 PM
what some people will complain about for a free bowl of soup

rhodyflyguy
03-24-2005, 06:40 PM
read fast food nation for some sick sh*t

Newboater
03-25-2005, 08:31 AM
Locally here in New Hampshire, the news crew almost lost it when reporting that story. As a reporter was commenting on the story another one, a female, said in the background "The FBI has been called in to run the fingerprint". You could hear the entire crew start breaking up.

fishweewee
03-29-2005, 11:44 AM
Woman Who Found Finger in Chili to Sue Restaurant

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

SAN JOSE, Calif. — A woman who bit down on a partial finger served in a bowl of chili at a Wendy's restaurant in California said she was disgusted by the experience, while her attorney has filed a claim with the franchise owner.

Anna Ayala (search), 39, of Las Vegas, was dining at the Wendy's in San Jose, Calif., on March 22 when officials said she scooped up the inch-and-a-half long fingertip in a mouthful of chili.

"Just knowing that there was a human remain in my mouth ... it is disgusting. It is tearing me apart inside," Ayala told ABC's "Good Morning America" on Monday.

The woman's attorney, Jeffrey Janoff, said a claim has been filed with the franchise owner, Fresno, Calif.-based JEM Management, Corp. (search) A spokesman for the company referred questions to Wendy's corporate headquarters in Dublin, Ohio.

"Their insurance company has responded to me," Janoff said, adding that the claim is the first move before filing a lawsuit.

Janoff said Ayala asked that she not be contacted for interviews but she recounted the ordeal in a televised interview.

"Suddenly, I chew something that's kind of hard, crunchy," she said. "I spit it out. At first I wasn't sure what it was. We started investigating and poking it, [with] other people, too. That's when we find there's something that looks like a nail.

"There's no words to describe what I felt, what was going through me. I mean, it is something that's — my God, it is sick."

The claim does not seek specific damages.

"Both sides now have to investigate the matter and determine what's going to be done, whether we can reach some type of out of court resolution," Janoff said.

Janoff would not speculate on the amount of money Ayala would seek if a lawsuit was filed.

"How many cases have you heard of like this? It's a little bit of a new area that we are exploring," he said. "It really depends on what she goes through and if she can recover from it emotionally. It's really too soon. I don't have a figure."

Bob Bertini, a spokesman for Wendy's International Inc. (search), would not comment Monday on the claim.

"At this point our focus is on continuing to try to ascertain the facts in this case," Bertini said. "We continue to work closely with health officials, and we're doing everything we can to get to the truth."

Bertini said Wendy's maintains that the finger did not enter the food chain in its ingredients. All the employees at the San Jose store were found to have all their fingers, and no suppliers of Wendy's ingredients have reported "any hand or finger-related injuries," he said.

However, the Wendy's restaurant where the incident occurred, and others in the area, continue to see declining sales. Bertini said there are no reports of sales dips at any other Wendy's restaurants around the country.

"We're primarily seeing the impact at this point in the store that was involved in this, and in the immediate area," Bertini said.

Janoff said he doesn't know if a lawsuit would also name the Wendy's corporation.

"The local Wendy's store that sold it is responsible, there's no question about that," Janoff said. "Whether Wendy's corporation has some part to play, that's unclear at this point because we don't have enough information."

Meanwhile, authorities continued Monday searching for the person who lost the fingertip.

The Santa Clara County Coroner's Office (search) was using a partial fingerprint to attempt to find a match in an electronic database.

reelecstasy
03-29-2005, 11:45 AM
Well, Wendy's always claimed it was "hand-made" :rollem:

iluvspots
03-29-2005, 12:18 PM
Severed Foot Found at Calif. Construction Site
Tuesday, March 29, 2005

MALIBU, Calif. — Crews repairing a section of highway in this oceanside community Monday found a work boot containing a severed human foot in a pile of landfill dirt, authorities said.

The foot, which appeared to be a man's foot, was found in Topanga Canyon (search) about 4½ miles from the Pacific Coast Highway (search), said Deputy Alba Yates, a Los Angeles County sheriff's spokeswoman. The foot was found around 9:30 a.m. and had been severed from the leg just above the ankle, officials said.

KCAL-TV reported that the foot may have been in a load of landfill dirt brought to Malibu from a construction site on the 20th Century Fox (search) lot in Century City. Yates said she couldn't confirm that information.

The station said sheriff's deputies used cadaver dogs and earth-movers Monday to search the Century City site, while other investigators collected evidence, including blood, from the Malibu site.

Calls to 20th Century Fox were not immediately returned after business hours Monday.

FOXNews.com shares a parent company with 20th Century Fox.

cheferson
03-29-2005, 12:25 PM
You see the pix from the dept of health of the finger pieces??? :laugha: :bc: :sick:

Goose
03-29-2005, 01:20 PM
Don't you get it?? Somebody who doesn't like Wendys gave them the finger. :zup: